POA Inside rooms, how are they, especially deck 9 rear?

Middleager

I'm looking to book my wife and I for Aug., 2012 on the POA. We like to use the spa facilities sometimes, and see the spa is on deck 12 rear. So thinking getting an inside room near the rear elevator would be good.

I see there are a bunch of inside rooms available at the rear of deck 9.

The family inside rooms I1 are showing the same price as other deck 9 inside rooms. Are they the same size, but family rooms have 2 more folddown beds? Those family inside rooms don't seem to be at as good locations as others.

Room 9197 or 9697 seems to be by itself, only partly neighboring one balcony room 9196 or 9697. Are these two rooms 9196 or 9197 close to some work/maintenance rooms, should they be a fairly quiet room?

9679 is closer to the elevator, and is joined to 9683 by a long wall.

9201 and 9701 are both corner inside rooms, so maybe not as good as 9679.

Thanks.

Or anyone who had stayed in the deck 9 rear balcony rooms can comment on the noise level?

Thanks.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1493174

See that post for a bit more info. It was pretty quiet back there from what I recall. The best thing about the room was the 3rd and 4th bed were fold downs which seems to be an uncommon layout for the 3rd and 4th people on NCL ships.

Or anyone who had stayed in the deck 9 rear balcony rooms can comment on the noise level?

Thanks.

Last month we stayed in the aft large balcony 9204. Cabin was very quiet. I don't remember any noise. While out on the balcony you do hear people laughing occasionally from the other balconies.

Below and above are cabins.

While I most certainly understand budget constraints, and do know that some cruisers prefer inside cabins, IMHO there are two cruises that scream out for a balcony cabin. Alaska (okay there are two Alaska cruises) and Hawaii.

Yes, the POA is port intensive, and you sail at night, but we spent a lot of time, both very early morning, and late at night on our balcony.

As for noise...my take on that is that most cruisers were simply worn out from their day of sightseeing, and were pretty quiet while aboard.

Enjoy your cruise. We loved the POA.

We were just on the POA last week, with an aft corner balcony. The only time were really heard noise was when we were on our balcony. Even that wasn't too bad though.

I agree with a pp about a balcony being worth it for this itinerary. The lava started flowing again and we were the first ship to see it in about 9 months. Totally cool to be able to sit on the balcony and see that, as well as the Napoli coast sail by.

We always stay on deck 9 aft, you have all cabins on decks 9 and 10 so not really sure what your concern is re noise.

Overall this cruise is quite quiet due to it being so port intensive and people are to bed early due to having to rise early the next day.

The bars often close down early as well if there is no business.

Last month we stayed in the aft large balcony 9204. Cabin was very quiet. I don't remember any noise. While out on the balcony you do hear people laughing occasionally from the other balconies.

Below and above are cabins.

+1. We too stayed in that cabin with the same result. I generally find that if you stay to the aft of the last set of elevators (and you're not under the buffet or pool deck) you will generally have a quiet room.

We were just on the POA last week, with an aft corner balcony. The only time were really heard noise was when we were on our balcony. Even that wasn't too bad though.

I agree with a pp about a balcony being worth it for this itinerary. The lava started flowing again and we were the first ship to see it in about 9 months. Totally cool to be able to sit on the balcony and see that, as well as the Napoli coast sail by.

JEALOUS!!! We sailed about a month after the lava stopped flowing! :( Hopefully it'll still be running in 15 months!

Archived