R.C. Cruiser wants to try Carnival for a change.

cyacrusin

Hi

We have cruised RC 3 times and once on Princess. I think I want to try a Carnival Cruise and contemplating going on the Glory. From what I have read sounds like a fun ship. We were getting a little bored with RC because the last 2 ships we cruised on were exactly alike. Any "words of wisdom " from you Carnival lovers.

Happy Crusin.... Vicki

We had cruised on RCCL a number of times but tried Carnival Pride last summer and loved it. It is a lot like Royal Caribbean. We are booked for Glory this summer since we enjoyed Pride so much. For the price difference it is well worth it. For me, I would look at the itinerary and price and then pick the cruiseline.

Hi

We have cruised RC 3 times and once on Princess. I think I want to try a Carnival Cruise and contemplating going on the Glory. From what I have read sounds like a fun ship. We were getting a little bored with RC because the last 2 ships we cruised on were exactly alike. Any "words of wisdom " from you Carnival lovers.

Happy Crusin.... Vicki

I think Carnival and RC are quite a bit a like overall. We have cruised 4 times on Carnival and enjoyed each cruise. If your budget allows, book a balcony cabin.

I think you will find the cabins are larger on Carnival. There will probably be a mix of ages on the ship. There are activities for all ages - no rock climbing or ice skating though. I have always had good food in the dining room as well as on the Lido deck. The service is good, too. I think, when people complain, they expect everthing to be 100% perfect all the time, - it just won't happen.

Well, we've been on a number of Carnival cruises. Next one in June for our 2nd time on the Pride. In Dec. we went on The Mariner for a change.

I liked the entertainment soooooo much better on the Pride! There was NO comparison. We thought the food was a notch better on Carnival as well. Overall, we had a better time on the Pride. There were a few things I liked better on RCCL, but as a whole, Carnival won.

I think our next two cruises after June will be on the Glory and the Legend.

I think you get a lot more for your money on Carnival than RCCL. JMO though..;)

Just got back from first Carnival cruise. I thought the food was the same and in some cases better on Carnival. I thought the embarkation, debarkation and muster were worse on Carnival (took an hour for muster on our cruise - yuck). There is more variety of ages and types of people on Carnival I think but less non-north Americans at least on my cruise. The dress is more casual, lots of polo shirts and chinos without sport coats in the dining room on Carnival. The rooms are slightly bigger on Carnival. Caliber and quality of service was the same. The pools and whirlpools shut down very early and at odd times on Carnival but I don't know if this is the norm or was unique for this cruise I enjoyed both for different reasons. The only way I can express and in my very humble opinion, RC is Target and Carnival is Wal-mart. Same product slightly different packaging, pricing and people.

Archived