snowing in the atrium

williamson_ja

I was just wondering if Carnival has always had it snow in the atrium during christmas season, or if this was something new. We just sailed our first Carnival cruise Dec. 3 and my daughter really loved the "snow". She played in it for quite a while and just stared at the ceiling waiting for more snow to fall.

At any rate, I had never heard of this happening before and just happened to see it on the schedule for the day. So, new or not? If it's new, I hope they keep it.

I was just wondering if Carnival has always had it snow in the atrium during christmas season, or if this was something new. We just sailed our first Carnival cruise Dec. 3 and my daughter really loved the "snow". She played in it for quite a while and just stared at the ceiling waiting for more snow to fall.

At any rate, I had never heard of this happening before and just happened to see it on the schedule for the day. So, new or not? If it's new, I hope they keep it.

Awwww! It snowed on our Dec 4th cruise, but not nearly enough to play in! We went to watch the 5:45 snow and it started about 20 mins late so the kids were bored by then. We were late for dinner by then, so we didn't stick around long after it started. We didn't make it back for either of the other snow times to see how they compared.

It "snowed" on Magic in the Atrium several times Saturday night, I have never done a December cruise before, so can't say if this is a new thing or not. Each time it snowed they shut down the glassed in elevators, not sure as to why.

Ike

Snowing in the Atrium started this year. The snow is actually soap. The machine is at the top level.

snowinatrium.jpg

That would be neat! We've had such a brown December, and it'd be wonderful to see some "snow."

OMG - be careful what you wish for!:p:D We had snow last year on our Dream cruise. It seemed so magical - even to us 50+ year old cruisers and our 20+ year old "kids!" Hoping it snows Saturday on Liberty!:)

OMG - be careful what you wish for!:p:D We had snow last year on our Dream cruise. It seemed so magical - even to us 50+ year old cruisers and our 20+ year old "kids!" Hoping it snows Saturday on Liberty!:)

I was on the Liberty last week and it did snow.

It "snowed" on Magic in the Atrium several times Saturday night, I have never done a December cruise before, so can't say if this is a new thing or not. Each time it snowed they shut down the glassed in elevators, not sure as to why.

Ike

They didn't shut down the elevators on the Liberty when it snowed.

We had real snow on our cruise last January. It was rather odd to see it while we were at sea. Of course, it was one of therare times I did not have my camera with me.

Have a great cruise.

There was a picture of the Pride some time ago with lots and lots of snow on her. Awesome picture but not if you want to go swimming.icon7.gif

Do you think it'll snow on the Dream when we're onboard? We're doing a B2B with the 1st cruise sailing on December 31st and the 2nd on January 7th. :D I've been on New Years cruises before (3 with Carnival and 1 with Holland America) and there was no snow so I'm wondering if it's a Pre-Christmas thing only. Even though I'm from Canada so I get to see plenty of snow (too much really, I hate the stuff, it's cold and wet, ug and ick:() I've never seen it snow on a cruise ship (especially not one sailing in the Caribbean) so I think it wouold be awesome!! :D

10 DAYS until I first board the Dream for my 1st B2B, super excited!!!! :D

Archived