Used Lugg Exp on Victory Lately?

legalwife

Our roll call is trying to get correct info on this and we have only received vague info from CCL. Have you used this service on the Victory recently? It is different than the way it is done in the states and we are hoping someone can give us the real story on the Victory.

Thanks as always for your help.

Thanks for the quick response. Do you know as you have been on Victory lately or have you heard from someone who has?

Reason I say that is one CCL rep said no it is not and two have said yes it is. We are now wondering who knows what. :eek:

Thanks for the quick response. Do you know as you have been on Victory lately or have you heard from someone who has?

Reason I say that is one CCL rep said no it is not and two have said yes it is. We are now wondering who knows what. :eek:

Somewhere recently here there was a post of which ships have Luggage Express. I was surprised at the time as to how few had it and also I remember that the Victory does not (remember this because we are sailing her next year and it stood out at the time). You have to go through both customs and agricultural inspections when leaving San Juan so that makes it seem like they logistically could not do it for that reason alone. You may want to go to arecent review and ask the OP.

Good idea about recent review poster. Thanks!

Also, one of the CCL reps that said they had it said you sent your bags like normal, claimed at baggage claim, went through customs, and then gave bags to Baggage Express. I just don't know how well that would work ---- if true...

I will find a review and thanks again for the idea.

Okay. Thanks to all. No Luggage Express it is.

That's okay. We're still going. ;) HA!!!!

You will have a wonderful cruise. Make sure you stop back and let us know how it went. Last time we sailed out of Jan Juan we did Carnival transfers. As we left Baggage claim, they were taking our luggage and chucking it in the back of some box truck. Sitting on the bus looking out the window I said to the wife....take a good look, bet we never see those bags again......everything turned out fine. ;)

you can call Carnival many times-- some people know the stuff and others well I would bet they never even cruised before.

San Juan does not offer this service.

Your bags gotta go through some type of agriculture thing ( i wonder if that is why?)

You will have a wonderful cruise. Make sure you stop back and let us know how it went. Last time we sailed out of Jan Juan we did Carnival transfers. As we left Baggage claim, they were taking our luggage and chucking it in the back of some box truck. Sitting on the bus looking out the window I said to the wife....take a good look, bet we never see those bags again......everything turned out fine. ;)

Oh yes. I promise to report back. Thanks again for the info.

Serene56: I actually asked one of them if they had ever cruised and she said no. I told her CCL should make it mandatory for all of them - even if just for a shorty. They offer a ship inspection, but she had not done that yet either... :rolleyes:

Archived