4 day vs longer cruises

hlb76

Most 4 days are on older ships, so you will be missing the pay restaurants, big screens at the pools and sur mer on conquest, things like that. fewer choices.

Since you are trying to do it on the cheap, you probably dont care about missing the pay restaurants.

The ports are always lame. Out of the gulf, they only go to cozumel which Ive been to so many times Im tired of cozumel.

You just feel like you get unpacked and its time to pack back up?

We really wanted to do a longer cruise we normally do. Times are hard this year and we can't make it happen. If we would not of gone on the bonus cruise in Oct. things will be different. Plus the school changed there calender this year and this is what we can make happen w/o the kids missing too much more school ( this wll be cruise 2 in this school year)

We also have to fly down to anywhere so I completely undertand what you are all saying. I normally feel that way too. Good news is we are going to tack 2 days pre-cruise on as well. So it will still be a nice get away. It's not the vacation I had hoped and dreamed for but I am willing to give it a try.

Guess when it's all said and done I'd much rather have a short get-a-way than none. I'm trying to keep a good attitude about it so please don't bring me down.

I've never felt the shorter cruises were cost-effective on a daily rate vs a 7 day booked close to sailing or with a sale fare. But if a short one is all you can manage, it's lots better than no cruise at all.

I wish that was a option too but work does not allow for this we have to ask for time off way in advance to get it. Some of the Pack-n-go rates blow my mind.

I personally enjoyed my 5-nighter (Fantasy Eastern) more than my 7-nighter (Legend Western). When we got off Legend, we were more tired than when we got on! The Fantasy was a little more relaxing for me, and I didn't find myself ready to go home by day 5 like I did on Legend (not complaining, the cruise was awesome, I was just ready to be home). But to each his own. I don't think the shorter one will be all that bad, as long as you enjoy what the cruise offers. We are very laid-back and can find something to entertain us. Looking for a 5-nighter again next year since we liked it so much.

Guess when it's all said and done I'd much rather have a short get-a-way than none. I'm trying to keep a good attitude about it so please don't bring me down.

You asked what you would be missing .. just dont take it as a downer. No one is trying to bring you down. You asked a question and people are answering.

I personally like 5 days .. about the same price, because of 2 ports, but if you can only do 4 days.. do it.

But dont ask what you will be missing .. then post that people are trying to bring you down.

Hey, it could be worse.. Im having a terrible time finding a NOLA hotel with parking for Nov 24, 2012 .. some big football game. Im currently booked at the Holiday Inn airport for $164!!!

I cant find a deal to stay in or near the french qtr that date.. its some black out date .. so things could be worse .. just be happy and book it and go.

I personally enjoyed my 5-nighter (Fantasy Eastern) more than my 7-nighter (Legend Western). When we got off Legend, we were more tired than when we got on! The Fantasy was a little more relaxing for me, and I didn't find myself ready to go home by day 5 like I did on Legend (not complaining, the cruise was awesome, I was just ready to be home). But to each his own. I don't think the shorter one will be all that bad, as long as you enjoy what the cruise offers. We are very laid-back and can find something to entertain us. Looking for a 5-nighter again next year since we liked it so much.

Please forgive my off topic comment, but beautiful photo!!

I don't think anybody is being negative, just stating their opinions. If my post seemed negative, please forgive me. I personally love longer cruises. Our longest so far was 21 days. But I'm not criticizing the shorter cruises -- anytime you're

cruising is a good time.

Have a great cruise and enjoy every minute!!!! and Merry Christmas!!

We've taken both. We've done three 7 day cruises, and are taking our 2nd 4 day night cruise in feb, for the same reason, a cheap quick mid winter break. It was all we were able to do, for the season it was in, and to be able to work out child care (we are going w/o the kids!!) I like ANY kind of vacation. Our last 4 day vacation was the MOST relaxing vacation to date. We did a TON in those 4 day, yet never felt rushed, or like we were missing out on something. We got off at both ports (bahamas) and did our own thing.

A vacation is all what you make of it. I won't ever feel like i missing out on something becuase It was 3 days shorter. Live it to the max! We are driving down this time too, (from Buffalo NY to Miami) so techncially we'll have 2 days before and 1.5 days after of peace and quiet as well.

Enjoy regardeless what you decide.

PS - I noticed you've sailed the imagination. That's our Feb. trip. How was it???? I can't find any reviews on it!

I am booked for a 4 day as well and hate that we will miss the past guest party and especially the superstar show. Hubby LOVES to sing Karaoke and when I told him about this, he definitely wanted to try out for it!!!! :(

At any rate, it will be a (belated) honeymoon for the two of us and we have two nights pre-cruise booked and we will have a FANTASTIC time no matter what!!!! It will be our first get away ALONE since we got married other than one weekend. His work schedule is funky and it's HARD to plan a vacation very far in advance!!!!

I took a couple of 3 night weekender cruises over the summer. The problem for me is being able to be gone from my business for a full week. Yes, I would prefer to be on a longer cruise, but I just can't do it more than once/year and that is difficult.

This being said, my two 3 night cruises had everything activity-wise that the longer cruises had, they were just crammed together. Basically something was going on always - even on port days.

I was actually surprised at how much of an escape a shorter cruise could be.

Go and enjoy your escape. A 4-day cruise is much better than sitting at home!

We've taken both. We've done three 7 day cruises, and are taking our 2nd 4 day night cruise in feb, for the same reason, a cheap quick mid winter break. It was all we were able to do, for the season it was in, and to be able to work out child care (we are going w/o the kids!!) I like ANY kind of vacation. Our last 4 day vacation was the MOST relaxing vacation to date. We did a TON in those 4 day, yet never felt rushed, or like we were missing out on something. We got off at both ports (bahamas) and did our own thing.

A vacation is all what you make of it. I won't ever feel like i missing out on something becuase It was 3 days shorter. Live it to the max! We are driving down this time too, (from Buffalo NY to Miami) so techncially we'll have 2 days before and 1.5 days after of peace and quiet as well.

Enjoy regardeless what you decide.

PS - I noticed you've sailed the imagination. That's our Feb. trip. How was it???? I can't find any reviews on it!

We really liked the Imagination. It was our 1st ship so we will prob always love it! Since then we have sailed a few different classes. I love them all for different reasons.

The Imag is nice and cozy and not to big or small. Some people hate it for that reason. I think the lay out was great and the lido buffet was not a total cluster like some. It had a great staff! I wrote a review once apon a time but it's been years.

Archived