JS on Explorer

they're essentially the same.....

Plus: extra cruise points, bathtub, bigger room, walk in closet,

you do not get the suite benefits, as in the Concierge lounge, but you should get priority boarding in Cape Liberty...

I love JSs and when my mom and i cruised together we always had one...now that i'm solo...i stick with a balcony as generally it's out of my price range....i'd rather cruise more!;) that said...if it was within say 100 bucks, i'd take the extra space and extra points....

On our first cruise, which was on the Explorer, we had a JS, # 9284. For the three of us (DH, DS, then 13 yrs, and myself), it was great. The walk-in closet served as a dressing room for me, and having the tub was a plus.

These days, with just DH and I, we are happy with a balcony D or E. If the price was good, I would love to book a JS again. What I don't like about a JS is, in fact, that it is designated a "suite", but you do not get the full suite perks. Double points would be the main draw for me now.

Teddie

Just upgraded from balconies to Jr. Suites.....very excited! Are there any benefits and/or detractors to being 'on the hump'? Looks like you may get a little more room on balcony. Can anyone give me feedback??

no prob..and no more room...optical illusion--though i've not actually measured..)

you MIGHT hear a little noise from the RFS over your head in 9614....9614 is a connecting cabin, you might hear noise from next door (i won't book that one as i hate connecting anything...i was in 9618 when i heard the piano from above...and heavy footsteps on the marble..)

you might lose a little bit with the connecting door...

9328 is one of my fave cabins....i don't think the balcony is any bigger..kind of an optical illusion if you're looking at the deck plans (which are really bad IMO!)

enjoy though...love the JS!!

Have had JS(s) several times on EOS on the hump and have another JS booked (9618) for next May 2012. We love them! A friend had an AFT JS on a previous cruise and told me it was much smaller. We always try to book a hump JS. Enjoy!

My parents and in-laws (to be) both have Junior Suites with adjoining cabins next to them, Does the connector door mean that you lose the walk-in closet? My father will have alot of medical supplies and it would be nice to have the bigger closet to stow some of his supplies.

Archived