Mountain top, paradise point, same place? self drive?

chicatt

You are correct, you must drive or taxi to Mountaintop. The tram that takes you to Paradise Point is within walking distance of the Havensight dock.

Mountaintop burned down and was rebuilt and reopened earlier this year. It is a very commercial place now with a larger store and they sell the basic souvenirs that you will also find downtown.

There is a great view of Magens Bay from there, and they are serving their famous banana daiquiri again. We drove there while spending a week on the island and it was an experience (only because I got us lost, the roads are not that bad on STT). Worth a stop but I would recommend going to Paradise Point as it's much more enjoyable.

You can take the tram up and down to PP, or taxi up and ride the tram down. You can also purchase tram tickets tjrough your excursions desk with return option. They have good lunches (bar-type food) at Paradise Point and great drinks including the Bailey's Bushwacker. Usually a band playing, and the views of the harbor are truly magnificent. We renewed our vows at the gazebo there a couppe years ago. The bird show is now located at the Butter Fly farm down by Havensight, but there is a shop there and it's just a great place to end your day on the island.

Enjoy!

You are correct, you must drive or taxi to Mountaintop. The tram that takes you to Paradise Point is within walking distance of the Havensight dock.

Mountaintop burned down and was rebuilt and reopened earlier this year. It is a very commercial place now with a larger store and they sell the basic souvenirs that you will also find downtown.

There is a great view of Magens Bay from there, and they are serving their famous banana daiquiri again. We drove there while spending a week on the island and it was an experience (only because I got us lost, the roads are not that bad on STT). Worth a stop but I would recommend going to Paradise Point as it's much more enjoyable.

You can take the tram up and down to PP, or taxi up and ride the tram down. You can also purchase tram tickets tjrough your excursions desk with return option. They have good lunches (bar-type food) at Paradise Point and great drinks including the Bailey's Bushwacker. Usually a band playing, and the views of the harbor are truly magnificent. We renewed our vows at the gazebo there a couppe years ago. The bird show is now located at the Butter Fly farm down by Havensight, but there is a shop there and it's just a great place to end your day on the island.

Enjoy!

Thanks for your detailed reply!

Can I ask about the road marks in St Thomas, is mountain top on the way to magen beach? also heard about the Drake's Seat , same place or different? We don't have a GPS, the the landmark is clear, we might be able to find our way to where we wanna go, Thanks blue water!

Drake's Seat is a different spot, if memory serves they are all within the same general area. A map from the rental company will help, and there are signs for most places. Just need to keep a sharp eye out as some are difficult to see or just plain missing. I missed a main turn and it took me 1/2 hr to get back on track (with a good navigator) so you can lose valuable time if you're on a cruise stop. STT is an easl island to drive as compared to Tortola or St John, just remember to keep left and wanch for stopped vehicles and animals in the road.

Archived