Just one more thing?

terrierjohn

Quote from PaminCAThe new policy going into effect is an ADVERTISING policy, not a pricing policy.

-- TAs cannot advertise discounts and there's a limit on what value-added incentives they can advertise.

-- TAs can continue to discount and add incentives directly with their clients. Business as usual.

-- The TAs sending scare emails that they won't be able to discount Princess cruises as of January are 100% wrong.

At the risk of being blackballed for reinstating a closed thread, can I please ask for Princess CCers views on the following.

When P&O instituted a new "no discounting" policy they reduced TA's commission from 15% to 5%, effectively making it impossible for TA's to give discounts.

Will Princess also reduce TA's commission, and what impact will that have on discounted prices.

Quote from PaminCAThe new policy going into effect is an ADVERTISING policy, not a pricing policy.

-- TAs cannot advertise discounts and there's a limit on what value-added incentives they can advertise.

-- TAs can continue to discount and add incentives directly with their clients. Business as usual.

-- The TAs sending scare emails that they won't be able to discount Princess cruises as of January are 100% wrong.

At the risk of being blackballed for reinstating a closed thread, can I please ask for Princess CCers views on the following.

When P&O instituted a new "no discounting" policy they reduced TA's commission from 15% to 5%, effectively making it impossible for TA's to give discounts.

Will Princess also reduce TA's commission, and what impact will that have on discounted prices.

As I have repeatedly stated and as backed up by 'Englishbird' a UK TA, that is precisely what Princess UK have done over here in the Britain. To reduce the commission from 15% to 5% only covers overheads and leaves no room for either OBC or price reductions. We can only wait and see how it pans out in the USA com January.

As I noted earlier, commission issues are closely guarded. Sure, Princess COULD do that, but right now agencies have not been notified of changes...

In the UK, as already stated, Princess reduced the "fee" they paid to travel agents from circa 15% to 5% with effect from the back end of 2010.

In effect, this meant that our two Princess cruises in 2011 went up in price by 10% on top of the rise that was in the brochure and this was even when taking into account the early bird booking reductions.

I posted a thread some time ago regarding the ridicules prices for Princess cruises that visited Austrailia.

In the UK, and I suspect Austrailia / New Zealand, Princess is now a very expensive product. I currently have three Princess cruises booked as DW and myself love the cruiseline but they are in danger of pricing themselves out of the "middle" cruise market.

Archived