Off Navigator in December? Did you get a WOW card?

mommabean

I had completely forgotten about this new program when we checked in in Dec 4. I had been looking forward to getting the card at check in. I read about a few people getting one and recognizing a top crew member on their cruises. I'm disappointed I didn't get to participate in this program.

Did anyone on Navigator get one to give to a crew member? Am I the only one they forgot to give one to when we checked in?

Gina

I can not speak about the Navigator, but here are our experiences with our 3 December cruises.

On our 26 Nov cruise on the Voyager we received a letter at check in explaining the WOW card that was enclosed-no WOW card! On the 6th day of the cruise we went to Customer Relations and asked for a card. The Rep told us we we got the cards at check in. I explained got the letter with no cards. She said we had to go to Loyalty Ambassador to get the WOW Card. Another Rep told her no, they were in the office and to get us a card, which she did.

On our 3 Dec on Voyager the WOW cards were delivered to our stateroom.

On our 12 Dec cruise on the Monarch, no cards, and no letter. We went to Customer Relations and the Rep had no idea what I was asking about. She went to another Rep who handed us 1 card. When we asked for a second card we were told 1 card to a stateroom. I explained that we had just done a B2B on the Voyager and we had received 2 cards per cruise. We left with 1 card.

I hate to say it it sounds like shore based customer service-different answers from different reps,. :confused:

We sailed on the 11/26 sailing and received one card each at check in. During the cruise (can't remember which day), we received two additional cards one night in our stateroom with the Compas for the next day.

We ended up giving four out: to our Stateroom Attendant, our Waiter and Assistant Waiter, and to the bar tender at the Champagne (sp) bar. I made a mistake filing one out and stopped by Guest Services for another card, which they gave me. So, if you don't get one or have enough Guest Services should be able to help out.

Although the instructions state to give to the crew member, each time we went to use one they asked us to drop them in the box at Guest Services. Makes sense, that way the card can be recorded and tracked at a ship level.

I'm interested to know what this does for the crew - are you aware?

I don't know the answer to that, but I do know that when one of our friends mentioned giving one to a crew member, he said that crew member was clearly excited about it. So I'm sure there is some valued recognition and/or incentive that they receive.

I hate to say it it sounds like shore based customer service-different answers from different reps,. :confused:

When we checked in for the Jewel on 12/15, there was a sign at the check in counter telling about it. We casually said to the agent, "oh, we need some of those" and she handed us four. Unfortunately, we forgot where we stashed them until after the cruise was over, so we'll be saving them until April when we're back on the Jewel.

• Once a Crew member has collected a certain number of cards, he/she will be given a WOW pin which may be worn on their uniform permanently.
  • There will be a Monthly and a Yearly winner chosen per ship.
  • The Monthly winner will be the crew member with the highest amount of Wow cards and they will be recognised by their ship's management team and will awarded a prize.
  • The Yearly winner will be the crew member on each ship with the highest amount of Wow cards for the complete year.
  • Crew members with 2 Stripes and below are eligible to take part in this program.
  • Loyalty & Future Cruise Sales Managers and Diamond Conceirges are not eligible.
  • Information will be available in the future on the Royal Caribbean website and in Crown & Anchor Newsletters.

I'm really disappointed that we didn't get one on Dec. 4th. One for each of us would have been nice. I know of 2 people on Navigator I would have given them to. :(

Gina

Gina, it may be an idea to contact C&A and explain that you didn't get a WOW card and give them the details of who you wanted to give it to and they may be able to help you.:D

Gina, it may be an idea to contact C&A and explain that you didn't get a WOW card and give them the details of who you wanted to give it to and they may be able to help you.:D

I was just thinking this is what I should do. I DID write an after cruise comment message to them and DID mention how extra great one person was. But I made no mention of how he should have gotten a WOW card because I had completely forgotten about the new program.

I'll do that. I'll write them and ask them to forward that info on to the hotel director and ask him to take care of it. When they have a program like this, the people who deserve to be recognized SHOULD benefit from it and not be denied their votes because of a mistake at check in.

Gina

We were given two at check in for 12/10 NV. By mid cruise we knew we wanted to give them to our waiter and assistant waiter. They were both obviously excited and, even though the service had been over the top already, it was even better for the rest of the cruise. :D

We sailed 12/5 & 12/10 on Liberty and forgot all about them. I saw a few passengers with the cards on the second sailing and didn't think to go to Guest Services to inquire about them. Never saw the "Loyalty Ambassador".

There were definitely crew that I would have given then to, some of the servers in the Diamond Lounge and Concierge Lounge went over and above.

We got two on Dec 3 Oasis; filled one out for the crew at the flow rider, because they were incredibly patient with me ( I'm a big chicken) but I couldn't remember one of the guys names ( not like he was wearing his tag on the flow rider :rolleyes:) and the GS rep couldn't find that out for me:mad:. Wonder if they have a "I'm not wowed card"?

received one at check-in for my Jewel 12-15 sailing. When I went to drop off my Guest Satisfaction survey I asked where to drop the WOW card and the girls' eyes got big and they exclaimed "OH!" and they pointed to where I drop it off. Their reaction gave me the impression that they were thrilled someone onboard had impressed me and they were hoping it was them.

We received one each as be boarded Liberty on December 5th. I went to customer service on board to obtain more and they had no idea what I was asking for. The crew member that we gave one to (our steward) seemed very pleased to be receiving one.

I did it. I wrote a message to RCI using their web form and I made it very clear what I was doing. I said didn't get my card, I said who WOWed me, and I told them to send the message to the hotel director. I want him to take care of seeing to it that this person gets credit for wowing me. That's the basic version. I gave more details - who and why - and I hope they do what I've asked.

Next cruise, I'm going to be paying close attention at check in.

Gina

We were on the Monarch followed by a B2B on the Freedom. We picked up Wow cards at check in and gave them out to several deserving crew members all of whom were very pleased.

The Wow card is a nice way of honoring those who give exceptional service. However, both of us decided that a "YUCK" card would also be nice to be nice to use. We would have liked to have had one to give one crew member who was exceptionally rude.

Archived