DAWN 12th Floor Penthouses...Tell us about Flor, the Butler!

Hamptonsailor

Have you sailed the Dawn recently and enjoyed one of the new SD Penthouses on the 12th Floor? I understand the Butler in this area is Flor?

How was the service experience?...

Thanks! :D

PS: Can anyone report if NCL has finally covered these balconies with the canvas top they had planned?

Flor was my butler when I stayed on the Dawn earlier this year in the Owner's Suite. I hope she was just having a bad week, because I always felt like I was bothering her whenever we asked for something. I believe the couple in the other Owner's Suite was very demanding, so that probably was a large share of it.

When you get less than steller performances from your butlers, room stewards, etc. you need to notify someone while on board. Then the problem can be addressed. If you wait till you get home there is nothing that can be done about it. Just as they want feed back about those who go above and beyond, they also want feed back about those who are not performing up to NCL standards.

When you get less than steller performances from your butlers, room stewards, etc. you need to notify someone while on board. Then the problem can be addressed. If you wait till you get home there is nothing that can be done about it. Just as they want feed back about those who go above and beyond, they also want feed back about those who are not performing up to NCL standards.

Yes, very good advice...

Its really important to let your Butler know your intentions for their service for your stay and what they should expect from you as soon as you meet, so there's no confusion over expectations. If issue's arise, then you can address them with the HD and hopefully see some improvements the rest of the way.

Well,...I'm not entirely sure about Flor being the Butler on the 12th floor SD Penthouses for this January but I have read this may be the case as Gian has left, a Butler that was amazing I've heard...

Hopefully some good news stories on Flor?

or..

Can anyone out there confirm the Butler for this area for January?

Thanks! :D

We had Flor as our butler in May on the Dawn to Bermuda. We thought she was phenomenal! There was nothing too large or too small that Flor would not gladly do for us. She always had a huge smile on her face and was truly glad to see us each day. We are not very demanding and did not ask for very much. Flor Kept asking us if we were sure there wasn't something else we needed. She was very attentive. About half way through the week the Lavazza coffee machine started acting up....we told Flor about it and in less than 15 minutes she was rolling a new machine in on a cart. She quickly replaced the faulty one and we were back in business. We thought she was great! :D

We had Flor on the Pearl on our first cruise and she was okay. But we also felt like we were imposing on her even for the few things that we asked for. Our next cruise we had a wonderful butler who was always asking if we needed anything and was very pleasant. When we were on the Dawn this past December Flor was our butler again. I admit that we were not thrilled when we saw her but to our surprise she was much more attentive. Was it because we were in the OS - or was the last time just not a good week for her? I don't know but she was much better and did offer to do anything we wished and didn't have the feeling we were bothering her. I will say that she isn't particularly friendly like most other employees are but she did do her job well on that sailing.

I sometimes wonder how much my perception of a crew member (butler, concierge, steward, etc.) has to do with what is going on behind the scenes. They may be having a really bad bout of homesickness, or a problem at home. Ideally, that would not throw them off and they would be professional enough to overcome it, however I try to remember that they are human, and we all have a bad day, week or month.

We had Flor on the Pearl on our first cruise and she was okay. But we also felt like we were imposing on her even for the few things that we asked for. Our next cruise we had a wonderful butler who was always asking if we needed anything and was very pleasant. When we were on the Dawn this past December Flor was our butler again. I admit that we were not thrilled when we saw her but to our surprise she was much more attentive. Was it because we were in the OS - or was the last time just not a good week for her? I don't know but she was much better and did offer to do anything we wished and didn't have the feeling we were bothering her. I will say that she isn't particularly friendly like most other employees are but she did do her job well on that sailing.

Thanks alot for telling us about Flor on your most recent trip. May I ask which area of the ship you were staying?...believe you said an OS ...and I think there at the ships bow, where the new 12th floor SD Penthouses are located...wondering if this is where Flor is servicing these days.....I have heard recently that Crisoll is the Butler for the 12th floor SJ Penthouses and the comments have been good.

Thanks again,...we're hoping for another great Butler experience on the Dawn in a couple weeks! :D

Thanks alot for telling us about Flor on your most recent trip. May I ask which area of the ship you were staying?...believe you said an OS ...and I think there at the ships bow, where the new 12th floor SD Penthouses are located...wondering if this is where Flor is servicing these days.....I have heard recently that Crisoll is the Butler for the 12th floor SJ Penthouses and the comments have been good.

Thanks again,...we're hoping for another great Butler experience on the Dawn in a couple weeks! :D

The os are 9 & 10 fwd and the 4 dos are on 12 fwd.

I enjoyed Flor when we were on the Dawn back in March. I found her very responsive to every request and when she heard we liked something she was sure to provide it every day (chocolate chip cookies for me!).

She is quiet, maybe a bit introverted, but that didn't get in the way of her doing a fantastic job.

I'm on the Dawn 7/2012 and I hope she is my butler.

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived