RUMOR About Past Guest Program Implementation

DarthGrady

Hello and Merry Christmas everyone!

My wife works as an outside agent for a local travel agency. Their CCL rep shared with them that the changes to the past guest program will be implemented in May (June at the latest) of 2012. Again this is just a rumor, but I figured I would pass it on to my friends here on CC.

Cheers!

Hello and Merry Christmas everyone!

My wife works as an outside agent for a local travel agency. Their CCL rep shared with them that the changes to the past guest program will be implemented in May (June at the latest) of 2012. Again this is just a rumor, but I figured I would pass it on to my friends here on CC.

Cheers!

Okay what are the rumors?

I received a CCL e-mail with what the new program could be... I have seen many many comments about how this new program effects each past guest. I wish everyone would just wait until the 2012 date. There will be many comments then about have the new program is liked or disliked. For me with 18 CCL cruises and 115 cruise days I will just wait to see where we fall in the new program. I have CCL and NCL cruises planed in 2012. The new CCL program will not determine who I cruise with....... I cruise for the ports, ship, and cost. Just me

leedm

I, for one, am very fortunate to be able to wait and not wonder about the new platinum status.

I just made it a week ago. They can change all the other goodies we get except for VIP boarding.

My legs and feet hurt so much standing in line, it is a delight to be able to bypass much of it.

I'd like to have a Platinum PVP that I can email with sail dates and room numbers and she'll book it for me. Nevermind; I have this already.

Wash and Fold Laundry. Nevermind, we have this and LOVE it!

Priority boarding is OK, but we arrive early enough that it's nearly moot.

Priorty REboarding would be nice especially from tender ports; I've heard we have this, but experienced that we do not.

Free internet would be OK, but it's so slow that it's of very little benefit. We always leave unused minutes on our account.

Early Saver type price matching even if we book late would be cool.

Free drinks? Yeah, I'll have a few; but it seems we always get some anyhow and usually a bottle of bubbly.

Whatever they do I'm OK with because the Platinum benefits are most definately NOT our reason for cruising.

Until they kick up like RCL with free drinks, lounge, and 250 off a balcony and free Internet I can only think it can only offer some real benefit?

I kinda agree.

There are so many factors that made me choose Carnival in the past that had absolutely NOTHING to do with becoming PLATINUM. Unfortunately, the main one was the 150% of DO to cruise SOLO. Sure the only perks I care about, VIP embarkation and FREE laundry, are nice, but hardly worth bustin' my ass to make some sort of imaginary plateau of greatness and invincibility. :rolleyes:

With the SOLO advantage now gone from Carnival, I'm in the "looking elsewhere" mode again, although RCI and most of the major lines have abandoned the west coast in this economy.:(

So are they going to make it 70 nights sailed or what?

The new levels are the big unknown right now. There were levels listed on the survey (about the new past guest program names) that came out, but that wasn't anything official. 70 would make sense for Platinum, or whatever it is renamed under the new system, since that is 10 seven day cruises.

Archived