Just off Monarch 12/23-12/26---Detailed Review with pics!

av8tr21

Thank you for this review! I was on the Majesty in 2006, and most recently on the Enchantment a couple of weeks ago. I will be taking my boyfriend on his first cruise on the Monarch in April, and have been seeking reviews of her to pump up my own excitement level. :) Thanks for taking the time to write this.

Thank you for the review - I thoroughly enjoyed it. We will be on the Monarch in February, and I believe on the Jewel with you - March 8? Did you ever decide to book the 3-night Allure in February 2013?

Thanks! Not going on Jewel anymore, as Liberty out of FLL was a better deal and I convinced my friends that we probably would enjoy a bigger ship more. Planning on writing a review on Jewel? Feb 2013 is so far away, IDK. I would really like to go on Allure, but I'm going to try to see if I can convince my parents to take us on a 7-day :cool:

Hubby and I are going on our FIRST cruise on the Monarch this Friday! Can't wait!!! Anyone else cruising with us?

Have a great time! The weather here in FL has been pretty warm, getting into the mid-to upper 70's during the day. Should even be a bit warmer in the Bahamas! What deck are you on?

• 3 weeks later...
Can you tell me how early you can get off the ship. We have an early flight (12:30) and was a little worried about getting to the airport on time. Thanks

We carried our own luggage off of Monarch last month and we were home by 9:30am. Home is in C DL farther than MCO. As long as the ship is cleared as usual, you can be out the door by 8 if you do express departure. They were very efficient getting us through customs.

Gina

Can you tell me how early you can get off the ship. We have an early flight (12:30) and was a little worried about getting to the airport on time. Thanks

If things go normally, you can get off as early as 8am if you carry your own bags. If you get the earliest non-priority luggage tags, you can get off about 8:30am. Still plenty of time to make the 12:30pm flight. Of course, if there are customs delays or fog, all bets are off.

• 8 months later...
how is the weather at coco cay that time of the year? It is by far, our favorite part of the cruise!

great review thoug!

Obviously, weather can vary, but it's usually sunny and temps are high 70's or low 80's.

Archived