Carnival Dream Picture Review, December 10th-17th, 2011

italianfemmy

Aaaammmmmmazzzzzzzzzzzzing Review. I have silently been following along for weeks, enjoying it all. Thank you for all the time you put into it, your fabulous photos & delightful attitude. It has been helpful & It makes me so much more excited for my upcoming cruise on the Dream. I look forward to more reviews from your future cruises. Happy Sailing.

Aaaammmmmmazzzzzzzzzzzzing Review. I have silently been following along for weeks, enjoying it all. Thank you for all the time you put into it, your fabulous photos & delightful attitude. It has been helpful & It makes me so much more excited for my upcoming cruise on the Dream. I look forward to more reviews from your future cruises. Happy Sailing.

still wondering if you are the tweety from yahoo euchre? LOL..

Who do you normally sail with? I am glad you've changed your mind and hope you'll start looking into it!

Cruising on Carnival is what you make it. In some areas, they fall short compared to other lines but overall, I love cruising with Carnival.

Time of year is super important! If you cruise over spring break or summer vacation, expect there to be more rowdy behavior. But treat the staff with respect and they will treat you the same way. Relax and have a great time.

I'll say, we didn't like the Holiday (I wish I'd done a review on that ship) but I'd never recommend anyone to sail on it. The Dream, followed by the Miracle have been my favorite ships. (The ship itself and where it sails out of also seem to make a difference in the demographic and overall chaos on board a ship.)

We used to be RCL fans then we tried Celebrity and just FELL IN LOVE w/ them.

Like I said never ever had a desire to try Carnival. All the other reviews I have seen/read just didnt do anything for me.

Your review & pictures are just fantastic. ;)

I would love to hear a review on Harry Potter too. We want to go, but never seem to be able to fit it in.

I also have to ask. I just love this picture.

Burgundy6.jpg

How do you get that glowy look? I assume you do something in photoshop. I have some pictures that look pretty decent, but I would love to add a little extra glow to it.

Play with the settings on your camera. Before going on your cruise or where you want to take your pics, go online and research your camera and the settings. You can get great ideas on different photo techniques by doing a lil research online. :) That is what I do.

When your taking pictures, take more than one or two of the same shot if you can. These way you can pic from the best of your shots when you are editing. I'm not a photogapher, I'm a web-designer. And I take pictures for web-sites that I'm working on. I hope this info helps!

Edited by suzypayne
want to add more

I would love to hear a review on Harry Potter too. We want to go, but never seem to be able to fit it in.

I also have to ask. I just love this picture.

Burgundy6.jpg

How do you get that glowy look? I assume you do something in photoshop. I have some pictures that look pretty decent, but I would love to add a little extra glow to it.

Glowy? Are you talking about the flare beams of light streaking through the photos from the lights in the ceiling, etc?

Thanks for the fabulous photos and review of your cruise and sharing all the details with us.

It so happens that hubby and I will be sailing on our first cruise in 8 days on the Dream. Now I really know what we're in for! I was looking forward to it before but now my excitement has doubled. Since its our first cruise, we really have no idea what to expect but our goal for this trip is to just enjoy and have a great time. Sounds like we'll be in the right place for that!!!

Alicia, this review was great. Earlier in the review you stated that the spa had professional hair dryers were these the type that you put your head underneath? I have locs and the hand dryer will not begin to dry my hair. Thanks.

I don't recall using the word professional hairdryers.. just hairdryers.. although who knows.. I've been sleepy a lot when doing this review. Haha!

They're just regular hand held dryers. They might have some that you sit under in the salon and they might let you use them although I don't know.

As you can see, Latanya has locs also and I have a high powered hand held one and I honestly think it dries her hair faster than the one she has here at home that she sits under. She has a portable one that she can put on the arm of the couch and extend it up over her head. But it takes way longer in my opinion. Her hair is pretty thick but her locs are skinny.....

Thank you so much for a wonderful review. I have been reading and holding my breath for new editions, since the begining. Great pictures and writing. Have you ever though about a job with a travel magazine? Photojouralist? You might get a job from this review. I feel like I know you. Now I have nothing to look forward too :(. But you did make my days better. Glad you are feeling better

I've never considered taking a job with a magazine or paper because I own 2 full time photography companies as it is now. A wedding photography company and a boudoir/pin-up/glamour photography company. So, there's absolutely no way I could make myself available to someone whenever they need me as I am often contracted by clients 6-18 months in advance.

With that said, I have considered doing some occasional freelance work and submitting stuff to them. But, again, I just never can seem to find the time. Look at how long it took me to do this review inbetween working!! :-)

Thanks for the response. I would love to read about Harry Potter, however your review is costing me a lot money: swim with dolphins, spa, and the chef's table.

What a shame that you'll have such awesome memories when you come home! :eek: Haha.. just kidding.

I spent way more money on the Dream than I've spent on any other cruise and was constantly yelling at Latanya that we couldn't really shop in ports because of how much extra I'd spent on the ship. But, the extra money spent was so worth it for us.

The Dream is to blame, really. It made me fall in love with Cloud 9 and then I had to book the Breeze as soon as I got home.. which will now become the most expensive cruise I've ever taken because the base fare alone is waaaay more than I've ever spent.

But hopefully, sailing on her will be on par with the Dream.

I am so depressed realizing that there won't be any more to this review. I have excitedly turned on my computer each day to look for your review and hope there was more to see and read. You really did a fabulous job with both the pictures and the descriptions. I felt like I was following you the whole time. YOu have the ability to make the people seem so real that I feel as though I know not only you and Latonya, but Steve and Kim and others as well. I gained so much information about so many things. It was so kind of you to take the time to answer each reply and question. You really brightened my days. The sad question no is what do all of us who have become addicted to this review do now? Must we go cold turkey without anything? I would be glad if you could bring back the memories of other past cruises and do belated reviews of them. Anything to occupy the time until you get back from the Breeze, which I can't wait to hear about! Again , thank you so much for the tremendous amount of your time you sacrificed and the kindness which you showed to each person who replied. What a truly caring and kind person you must be.

With that said, I have considered doing some occasional freelance work and submitting stuff to them. But, again, I just never can seem to find the time. Look at how long it took me to do this review inbetween working!! :-)

Gee let's see.... It took 40 days between the time you got off the Dream and posted the last of your review. In those 40 days you went to Universal (twice), had Christmas and New Years, celebrated Latanya's B-Day and, oh yeah, had a little bout of meningitis... all things considered (not the least of which is that you had to choose and edit all the photos you posted), I would say that this review was done very quickly. :) and let's not forget the wedding you shot in boca too.

Very well done kiddo!!

Edited by steven93921

Gee let's see.... It took 40 days between the time you got off the Dream and posted the last of your review. In those 40 days you went to Universal (twice), had Christmas and New Years, celebrated Latanya's B-Day and, oh yeah, had a little bout of meningitis... all things considered (not the least of which is that you had to choose and edit all the photos you posted), I would say that this review was done very quickly. :) and let's not forget the wedding you shot in boca too.

Very well done kiddo!!

Haha, I've actually shot 4 weddings since getting off the Dream (you only know of the 1 because of the interesting nature around it.) :-)

P.S. Mr. techie.... you forgot about the couple days my computer was out of commission because it was sick too. lol.

Edited by italianfemmy

Haha, I've actually shot 4 weddings since getting off the Dream (you only know of the 1 because of the interesting nature around it.) :-)

P.S. Mr. techie.... you forgot about the couple days my computer was out of commission because it was sick too. lol.

See... my point exactly, it really didn't take too long at all for the review to come together :-P

Sorry... couldn't resist.. the water was calling out to me.... :-)

Show off!

BTW, after showing my daughter the pictures from dinner, she said, "It looks like you have more gray hair in the pictures." I told her, "at lease she didn't make me look dead." :cool:

Show off!

BTW, after showing my daughter the pictures from dinner, she said, "It looks like you have more gray hair in the pictures." I told her, "at lease she didn't make me look dead." :cool:

Haha, maybe I was showing off a little. But really, I see photos all the time on the net and I itch to edit them to challenge myself.

As for your hair, the camera picks up everything! Be glad I edited ...... oh nevermind. :-D

Yes that is part of it, but all the reds just radiate more. Are you just adding saturation?

Hmmm, the reds in the ceiling are actually lights, backlighting the masks. I didn't do anything special in photoshop. As for the flare caused by the lights, I just pointed my lens into the light and waited until I got the effect I wanted in my viewfinder...

Hmmm, the reds in the ceiling are actually lights, backlighting the masks. I didn't do anything special in photoshop. As for the flare caused by the lights, I just pointed my lens into the light and waited until I got the effect I wanted in my viewfinder...

Thanks. Here is a picture I did the other day. I like it (not professional by any means) but I wanted more of a vibrant glow of colors. I did ad some lens flare too it, but I wasn't happy with the way it came out.

boardwalkwithflare.jpg

Thanks. Here is a picture I did the other day. I like it (not professional by any means) but I wanted more of a vibrant glow of colors. I did ad some lens flare too it, but I wasn't happy with the way it came out.

boardwalkwithflare.jpg

Nice border and white keyline stroke :-)

What are you using to try to edit photos? This photo has a lot of potential if you knew how to edit it... it's quite pretty... just needs some POP! :-)

You can email me the large file if you want and I'll tweak it for you.

No spaces...

p u r e E m o t i o n s P h o t o g r a p h y @ g m a i l . c o m

Again, not too shabby! :-) Send me the file without the light beams that you added :-)

Edited by italianfemmy

Nice border and white keyline stroke :-)

What are you using to try to edit photos? This photo has a lot of potential if you knew how to edit it... it's quite pretty... just needs some POP! :-)

You can email me the large file if you want and I'll tweak it for you.

No spaces...

p u r e E m o t i o n s P h o t o g r a p h y @ g m a i l . c o m

Again, not too shabby! :-) Send me the file without the light beams that you added :-)

Thanks. Ok, I'll send you a totally unedited photo. I use Photshop CS3. I used to do those borders all the time on photos, and just got away from doing it, and after seeing yours ,I thought..."why did I ever stop?" :D

Thanks. Ok, I'll send you a totally unedited photo. I use Photshop CS3. I used to do those borders all the time on photos, and just got away from doing it, and after seeing yours ,I thought..."why did I ever stop?" :D

Sweet. Waiting for it. I'll post it here when I edit it but will email you back to tell you what I did to it. :-)