Bone up on the bathrobe policy

sonyynos

When we cruised on Mariner in November, there was a couple that looked like they had just crawled out of bed and were drinking their coffee while strolling down the promenade and windowshopping in their pj's andbathrobes. Please...would you go down to the lobby of a hotel in your bathrbe?

way back when I worked for Marriott, we had one guest who paraded all over the hotel in his robe....we deferred all comments to the General Manager.....i presume the guest was well connected as it continued...

That said, I had to ask for robes on EX in November and I'm D+...took a couple days to get one..seems they had a shortage.....I wore it a couple times...only in the cabin....and NEVER to dinner.....white really isn't my color!:D

Here's my experience with the bathrobes-

On our final cruise as Gold members we had bathrobes in our interior cabin on Oasis.

Every cruise I took as a Platinum member, we had NO bathrobes :eek:.

Just got off the Allure on Sunday. We had ONE bathrobe in our balcony cabin. We're Emerald these days.

My mom on the other hand, who is Gold, had TWO bathrobes in her balcony cabin on Allure the same week we were onboard.

I don't think they are consistent. It doesn't matter to me because we don't use them, but I think it''s luck of the draw.

We are D+ now on Royal and always have robes in our cabins, but when we were Platinum level, we almost always had to ask for robes. They just weren't placed automatically in the cabin. I remember once, we never got robes until the next-to-last day of the cruise even though I asked every day.

On Oasis in December we had three robes and sent one back because they took up so much room in our closet and there were just two of us.

The nicest robes we ever had were the one time we were lucky enough to have a Grand Suite. The robes weren't terry. They were a very nice waffle weave and much lighter weight than the terry robes.

I have never seen anyone wear a robe to the MDR, but I have seen people wear them in the Windjammer both at lunch and at breakfast! For me, they are just too bulky, hot and heavy to be wearing all over the ship.

Am I the only one that thinks they're weird even at the pool? They're bathrobes not pool robes!

And no, you're not at your spa!

I save them for the bath.

No, I don't think you're weird! I think it's just really silly. That's why they are called "bath" robes! :rolleyes:

I never touch mine....never know where it's been and I don't see them washing them! Ewwwwww....it's like borrowing undies :(

Well, I know that they were washed after each sailing on Adventure OTS. As a matter of fact, judging by how "worn" most of them look, it's pretty obvious they get washed quite frequently.

I find robes a bit creepy, especially on men (im female) They just dont leave much to the imagination, and the same time leaving way too much to the imagination.

I just hope the ones that wear them to the windjammer have some sort of skivvy on under.

Lounge pants and a t-shirt are just as easy to put on and are just a shade more appropriate for a public dining area.

EWWWWWWW.

That said, I had to ask for robes on EX in November and I'm D+...took a couple days to get one..seems they had a shortage.....I wore it a couple times...only in the cabin....and NEVER to dinner.....white really isn't my color!:D

Of course you wouldn't have worn it to dinner. It's in bad taste to wear white after Labor Day.;)

I never touch mine....never know where it's been and I don't see them washing them! Ewwwwww....it's like borrowing undies :(

I hear you. Me too, I won't touch the sheets, pillows, towels, bar glasses, or dining utensils or plates. Never seen them being washed either. Double ewwww! :rolleyes:

Of course you wouldn't have worn it to dinner. It's in bad taste to wear white after Labor Day.;)

I beg to differ! On our second cruise with RCI a young couple from Florida on our table wore their bathrobes to dinner in the MDR on toga party night:eek:. We were newbie cruisers and certainly not snobs so thought it was a ' reasonable ' dress for toga night:D

On our recent cruise on Allure two women wore their robes at lunchtime in the Concierge lounge while having lunch, how times have changed , I turned my nose up at that, grabbing a coffee at breakfast time is fine bit sitting there sipping wine at lunch time , they looked like they were waiting in between 'clients';)

Am I the only one that thinks they're weird even at the pool? They're bathrobes not pool robes!

And no, you're not at your spa!

I save them for the bath.

Oh,that is a pet peeve of mine........seems it is usually a bunch of young guys wearing them poolside.......UGH!

Robes are washed after each sailing.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. There were robes in our cabin on our AOS cruise. After I had been wearing one a few mornings, I just happened to put my hands in the pockets to find a scrunched up piece of kleenex tissue. Eeewwww! And given the condition of the tissue I am pretty sure the robe had not been washed since that tissue was put there.

We had robes on my FOS cruse too but I didnt touch them.

So if I washed my undies you would wear them?

No, because I wash my own out. You are comparing apples to oranges.

Do you sleep on the sheets and put your head on the pillows that have pillow cases on them? Do you use the towels in the bathroom when you take a shower or wash your face in the morning? Do you use the napkins in the WJ/MDR/Specialty Restaurant? Are you sure that all of these items have been cleaned prior to your using them?

Do you sleep on the sheets and put your head on the pillows that have pillow cases on them? Do you use the towels in the bathroom when you take a shower or wash your face in the morning? Do you use the napkins in the WJ/MDR/Specialty Restaurant? Are you sure that all of these items have been cleaned prior to your using them?

Careful cruisenfever, you may not get the answer you expect.:eek:

Just dont understand the fascination with robes at all.

I'm with you totally

On our recent cruise on Allure two women wore their robes at lunchtime in the Concierge lounge while having lunch, how times have changed , I turned my nose up at that, grabbing a coffee at breakfast time is fine bit sitting there sipping wine at lunch time , they looked like they were waiting in between 'clients';)

How do you know they weren't?

OK I will put it to rest those things are kind of hard to avoid not using! But I see all kinds of clean ones stacked all over the boat.

Now I am not sitting in that tub either....all fungus foot or yeast bucket could of used it the day before I arrived :) Oh sure they sanitize it....right...

carbon sorry not in NC don't have either here at the beach.

If the robe sticks to you enjoy it.....sorry for my OCD on wearing someones bedroom wear.

Archived