waiting for a deal....

hlb76

I keep waiting and hoping the cruise we want to book will go cheap Pack n go. So far no luck but we are still a few weeks away so there is hope. We have the flights booked and the hotel just holding off on booking the ship. Knowing my luck the ship will sell out or go P-n-G as soon as a book ( as it has my last 2 cruises)

Come On Carnival cut me a break!!!;)

Assuming you have airfare from Minn. to somewhere warm, ideally South Florida, you can still conceivably have a nice vacation if your preferred ship sails without you. In the past I have jumped on cheap airfares first and then find a cruise or hotel/rental car but, I don't literally wait up to the last minute of the eleventh hour. Hope your plan comes together. I noticed there were no P-N-GO rates posted today.

Assuming you have airfare from Minn. to somewhere warm, ideally South Florida, you can still conceivably have a nice vacation if your preferred ship sails without you. In the past I have jumped on cheap airfares first and then find a cruise or hotel/rental car but, I don't literally wait up to the last minute of the eleventh hour. Hope your plan comes together. I noticed there were no P-N-GO rates posted today.

Seems like on weeks that start with a holiday they often skip them.

I keep waiting and hoping the cruise we want to book will go cheap Pack n go. So far no luck but we are still a few weeks away so there is hope. We have the flights booked and the hotel just holding off on booking the ship. Knowing my luck the ship will sell out or go P-n-G as soon as a book ( as it has my last 2 cruises)

Come On Carnival cut me a break!!!;)

Not sure what week you're looking for, but I have noticed a pattern for the P & G rates and they are usually released about a month prior to sailing. Since you were talking about a few weeks out, I would say that you probably missed your window of opportunity (if it even existed). I would look for a resident rate, senior rate (if applicable), past guest rate (if applicable) and go with that if you really want to cruise.

In all our cruises we ever booked only 2 have ever came down in price.

Our upcoming cruise is sailing almost full (so I do not expect prices to come down at all) and we are not sailing until the end of January.

This cruise is also selling at almost 300 more pp then what we paid.

Werent you booked on Splendor that got cancelled and a huge hassle you posted about. Maybe your luck will turn. .. but wow. I can't imagine booking air without the cruise booked. What happens now if you find a deal out of a different port now?

Yes we got cancelled due to the fire last Feb. It was a hassle to replan everything. It all worked out though and maybe for the better but getting there was more stress than a person should have booking a vacation.

We booked our air on Southwest and we can switch or cancel at anytime. We actually booked to make use of a credit we had w/ them when our airfare in Oct dropped in price and we where ale to reschedule. Then they had a sale so we booked to save even more.

We are staying at the Drury and can cancel that w/o charges up to the same day. So I have done my homework as far as that stuff goes. Worst case senerio is we can't get the cruise out of NOLA we had planned we have to rebook hotel elsewhere and our flights will cost more. I can't imagine finding flights for $75 again for a while.

I do want to get booked so it's done but just have not called my PVP yet.

Not sure what week you're looking for, but I have noticed a pattern for the P & G rates and they are usually released about a month prior to sailing. Since you were talking about a few weeks out, I would say that you probably missed your window of opportunity (if it even existed). I would look for a resident rate, senior rate (if applicable), past guest rate (if applicable) and go with that if you really want to cruise.

We are looking at Elation 2/2 out of NOLA. I ahve been watching for a few weeks and nothing. I think we might be out of luck as well. My last 2 sailings ended up having PnG rates. Now since we are looking to book last minute they will prob not be offered. Just my luck.... now if we book in advance again they will show back up!:o

I feel your pain. I have the cruise and hotel booked but no airfare. Right now the air is running as much as the cruise cost.

I got one that the cruise ends on March 24, 2012 that SW had a fare of $313 plus tax for a long time. I finally booked the next day for $129 .. now its down to $229 I think, but it would not come down below $300 for that one day out of Tampa or Orlando.

OP I've never seen airfare for $75 .. you got a steal, no wonder you grabbed it.

OP I've never seen airfare for $75 .. you got a steal, no wonder you grabbed it.

I know... I know. They had a 1/2 specail but it only ran on 4 days Jan 24, 25, 31 and Feb 2. So you had to fly on those days to get the deal. Wish I could of found a cruise leaving 1/25 and back 1/31 or 2/1 and we could of flown 1/2 both ways. But we found one leaving 2/2 and are flying down early.

For our Oct cruise they had a specail and we flew $80 each way!

Firefly, I am thinking that the price for airfare during your time frame will not come down since that is Spring Break.

Actually, your time frame is MY time frame. I think we are on the Dream together :).

I am holding off thinking that the fares will come down but I think they won't.

I think Im making a mistake booking too early with SW ..!!!!

the deals are always closer in that I see.

We booked early for our Oct cruise then a B-day sale came along and that is why the flights where so cheap. I was able to reschedule my flights and get each of a nice credit of $163 per person. So we are using that to help w/ our flights to NOLA. So just keep watching is a sale comes up your are not SOL like you are with cruise fare! No cash back but they hold credit for 1 year

We are looking at Elation 2/2 out of NOLA. I ahve been watching for a few weeks and nothing. I think we might be out of luck as well. My last 2 sailings ended up having PnG rates. Now since we are looking to book last minute they will prob not be offered. Just my luck.... now if we book in advance again they will show back up!:o

At this time, they are offering a Past Guest rate of $320.00 for a PT or 4C cabin or a senior rate of $290.00 for a PT (if you qualify). These rates are inclusive of taxes. Those are pretty good rates for a 4 night sailing, and since there is limited availability of ships going out of NOLA, the prices don't usually drop too much.

Archived