Shore excursion booking

abe3

I have been on 4 other ncl cruises in the past few years and I can't remember ever having to give my credit card info to pre book shore excursions. I am on the pearl 1/29/12 and just booked my excursions with my credit card. Is this something that has changed recently? Or am I just losing my mind and I had to do this on previous bookings?

Thanks

This went into effect in July. I also preferred the old way of doing things, when they just charged your onboard account, but it seems that they are now in line with how every other mass market cruise line (except, I believe, Princess?) is handling excursions.

From NCL's FAQs: http://www2.ncl.com/faq#n19260

Do they charge the card immediately, or after you take the tour?

They used to charge your onboard account, so you didn't pay anything until you actually completed the cruise. This has now changed so that any excursions you book before the cruise must be paid for at the time of booking, hence the requirement for credit card info.

Thanks for the responses. I do like the old way better, but I guess now that it is already paid for I can spend more on the ship now:) and not have to worry about that big bill on my account at the end of the cruise.

Does anyone know if the prebooked, prepaid excursions are any cheaper than waiting until you are aboard? Just wondering if they charge a couple bucks more for onboard... If they don't then the only risk for waiting is possibly have the excursion fill up.

Does anyone know if the prebooked, prepaid excursions are any cheaper than waiting until you are aboard? Just wondering if they charge a couple bucks more for onboard... If they don't then the only risk for waiting is possibly have the excursion fill up.

The prices are the same no matter which way you book.

My only question is if the excursion is cancelled due to weather etc. Do they credit your on-board account?

They do credit your on-board account but check this thread out to see what happens with non-refundable OBC you may have in the account....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1527704

The prices are the same no matter which way you book.

Thought so... kind of has me wondering if I should have waited until I was aboard when we're in closer on the weather. Booked and paid for a couple excursions already. Live and learn....

Archived