Another alcohol question!!

jimbob622uk

I have booked a speciality restaurant on Eclipse in February to celebrate 40th anniversary.Can I take the sparkling wine which comes with Concierge Cabin to Murano and if I can, will I have to still pay corkage.Sorry if this yet another alcohol related post.

I have booked a speciality restaurant on Eclipse in February to celebrate 40th anniversary.Can I take the sparkling wine which comes with Concierge Cabin to Murano and if I can, will I have to still pay corkage.Sorry if this yet another alcohol related post.

Yes you can take it and no you do not have to pay corkage. You can send any wine supplied by the ship to the dining room and pay no corkage. You only have to pay corkage for wine you bring on and the rare case of a gift of wine sent to your cabin that was not purchased through the ship.

You should give the wine to your cabin steward in the morning (leave the bottle and note for him when you go to breakfast or leave your cabin in the morning) asking him to send the bottle to Murano's for dinner that night and put a note on the bottle with your name, cabin number and time of your reservation. That way your wine will be on ice and waiting for you on your arrival at Muranos.

If I may spend a little of your money....

The sparkling wine they give you in your cabin is not great (I'm being kind)...but, yes, it is sparkling wine.

I would suggest that to celebrate, you buy a relatively inexpensive bottle of wine ($28-32) at Murano and enjoy it with your dinner.

The sparkling wine they give you in your cabin is not great (I'm being kind)...but, yes, it is sparkling wine.

I would suggest that to celebrate, you buy a relatively inexpensive bottle of wine ($28-32) at Murano and enjoy it with your dinner.

Different people have different tastes. The sparkling wine they provide is on their wine list at the lower end of the price range you listed and is the same as a sparkling wine sold in discount retail wine stores here for $10-$15/bottle which puts it above the low end sparkling wines sold at retail in the Chicago area. While we generally prefer a nicer champagne, the sparkling wine they supply isn't bad and we do enjoy it when we drink it. I think one would enjoy this as much as any of the other inexpensive wines offered on Celebrity's list as long as they do enjoy sparkling wines.

Ditto. I'm the kind of person who gets headache from drinking cheap sprakling. If it was for my birthday celebration, I wouldgo with ordering a nicer bottle at Murano, while leaveing the complimentary one in the cabin for in-room breakfast (order some OJ and make mimosa!) :D AGAIN, this is just personaly preference. Some people love the complimentary lower end sparkling.

We are in Aqua Class on our Alaskan Cruise in July. I understand I will get the sparkling wine and I guess I will use it for mimosas in the morning! I prefer cheaper options that way.

Question, if I bring 2 bottles of wine on board can I send myself a gift of wine to the stateroom also? We really like to have wine in the room!

We are in Aqua Class on our Alaskan Cruise in July. I understand I will get the sparkling wine and I guess I will use it for mimosas in the morning! I prefer cheaper options that way.

Question, if I bring 2 bottles of wine on board can I send myself a gift of wine to the stateroom also? We really like to have wine in the room!

Yes, you can bring 2 bottles on board and still send yourself a gift of wine to the stateroom as long as you order it from Celebrity. Another option is to buy a bottle or 2 on board to enjoy in your room since the selection on board is much bigger than the gift selection on the web site.

Mary Lou

Yes, you can bring 2 bottles on board and still send yourself a gift of wine to the stateroom as long as you order it from Celebrity. Another option is to buy a bottle or 2 on board to enjoy in your room since the selection on board is much bigger than the gift selection on the web site.

Mary Lou

I thought the same thing but then I realized that if you buy the wine onboard, you will pay a 15% gratuity on top of the price. If you buy the wine as a gift to yourself, I don't think you pay that gratuity, but you might have to pay taxes on the purchase...but that would be lessthan 15%.

I thought the same thing but then I realized that if you buy the wine onboard, you will pay a 15% gratuity on top of the price. If you buy the wine as a gift to yourself, I don't think you pay that gratuity, but you might have to pay taxes on the purchase...but that would be lessthan 15%.

No taxes or gratuity... and you can always ask your sommelier to exchange it for a different wine once onboard.

Archived