What time should I expect to be off ship-NYC?

Rahi

Thanks, does anyone know what time they dock in NYC, from the Bahamas? If it's 7 , we can't be off at 7, and even 7:30 is pushing it.. If anyone has been on Gem, or Jewel from there recently, and can share their take on this, that would be great!

Rahi,

Nothing in the nautical world of the northern Atlantic Ocean in February (especially) is exact or precise. That being said, the last 6 times we have been on the Jewel we have been in the limo by 745. :)

Thanks!

Sure :) We're leaving again tomorrow on her, but I don't expect any changes as the weather is still expected to be unseasonably warm on our return though brutally cold while we are gone.

Yea some crazy weather we have been having! I was almost hoping to get some colder weather come in before our cruise.. it is just too tolerable lately! lol.

Thanks, does anyone know what time they dock in NYC, from the Bahamas? If it's 7 , we can't be off at 7, and even 7:30 is pushing it.. If anyone has been on Gem, or Jewel from there recently, and can share their take on this, that would be great!

Just finished a 1 wk cruise to Bahamas from NY with the Gem. We docked back in NY at 7 a.m. on Christmas morning. You basically pick the time you want to leave. The latest is 10 a.m. Disembarking is smooth and painless.

On our last cruise on the Jewel, there was a backup in customs. We carried off, as early as possible, and were finally through customs at 10:45 (after being herded like cattle on an outside deck for almost an hour). Our previous cruise, we were off by 8. I hear Sunday's are worse than Saturday's (less custom agents - there were many empty spots when we were there).

Archived