Balcony cabin for Hawaii?? Or, not needed?

aprilivy

Go with what you are financially comfortable. I have really used my balcony on a HI cruise but I've also had a basic oceanview cabin and still had a great cruise.

Hope your husband is better and back to work soon.

I agree with you, Pam. We oftentimes get a balcony but booked an oceanview for our Hawaii one last time and the same thing for an upcoming cruise to Hawaii. We ended up spending a lot of time in the covered pool area on that trip. While a balcony would have been nice, it certainly wasn't a deal breaker. We actually loved our obstructed OV room -- and felt like we could splurge on our excursions with the savings from not booking a balcony.

That's all this guy replies with...one word responses which as useless to me so I ignore them. :rolleyes:

True.:rolleyes:

Anyway, we usually book insides (and have never had a balcony -- to save $ and also avoid any smokers), but on our second Hawaiian cruise ended up with an obstructed OV that really wasn't obstructed all that much. No matter what cabin we get, we usually try to be out and about the ship anyway. If you're lucky, you'll be by the pool area when Elua is performing their Hawaiian melodies (at other times, Dave of Elua performs in the Piazza).

Our cruise last December ranks as one of my favorites.

Archived