Rum cake question

sra12574

I know on board many of the ships they sell rum cakes . How are the prices on board. Do they offer a shipping service if you would like to ship them home vs. having them stuffed in suitcase and taking them home . One of my stops is Grand Cayman so i know i can get them there too . I wanted to by some of the 4 oz size for some of my workers .

I know on board many of the ships they sell rum cakes . How are the prices on board. Do they offer a shipping service if you would like to ship them home vs. having them stuffed in suitcase and taking them home . One of my stops is Grand Cayman so i know i can get them there too . I wanted to by some of the 4 oz size for some of my workers .

For the price and selections you are better off purchasing in Grand Cayman. The ship will match the price if you can prove, I generally take a picture of the price and item. I doubt if there is shipping available but it if it isit would not be ecomonical. Shop around in GC there is another brand that the ship does not promote that I find is a better rumcake.

Grand Cayman is probably your best bet for pricing. If you order online, you can have them shipped to your home. Don't want to weigh your suitcase down for flying ($$$).

If you are in Grand Cayman, get Blackbeard's rum cakes. They are way better than the Tortuga ones that the ship sells and that you see everywhere. :)

Blackbeards are so much better than Tortuga, and if you buy two bottles of thier rum you get a big rumcake free.

We went to buy some at the Tortuga store several years ago. The store to the left past Margarittaville. The store was packed with cruisers, everyone waiting in line seemed to have 4-5 boxes of cakes. Someone purchased a couple boxes ahead of us then gave the clerk (we found out that he was the owner) a $100 bill. The owner just lost it and started yelling "you American's can keep your money, how do you think I can make change when you all give me big bills!" Everyone was shocked, and many left the store, including us. We've been back to GC since then and have never gone there. We bought the cakes on the ship for about the same price.

We went to buy some at the Tortuga store several years ago. The store to the left past Margarittaville. The store was packed with cruisers, everyone waiting in line seemed to have 4-5 boxes of cakes. Someone purchased a couple boxes ahead of us then gave the clerk (we found out that he was the owner) a $100 bill. The owner just lost it and started yelling "you American's can keep your money, how do you think I can make change when you all give me big bills!" Everyone was shocked, and many left the store, including us. We've been back to GC since then and have never gone there. We bought the cakes on the ship for about the same price.

Might have been a manager, but I doubt he owned Tortuga. They are a multi million dollar company. Cant see him ever being a clerk.

Why not order online before your cruise then pass them out afterwards?

Not like they will know if you bought them while on your cruise or not, LOL

http://www.tortugarumcakes.com/

Well the sample packs that they sell include a variety my workers have told me thier preferences and I dont want to buy them a flavor they wouldnt like . I only like the original and coconut ones . they make you get banana choc I think lime and pineappple too.

LOL - our local Kroger store even has them half price! Still don't like the Tortuga ones much, though. Kind of bland.

They have the exact same rum cakes they sell on the ships at our Kroger grocery stores here in Ohio as well, for half the price!

Archived