Suggestions on where to store luggage in Miami

Karysa

Karysa-

I have the same question- we have an 8:30 flight out and want to spend the day doing something other than sitting at the airport.

I did a search online of Bayside- but did not find any specific info on luggage storage. I did see that MIA has listed luggage storage, but no info on cost/ect. Also- I would hate to have taxi back and forth from airport.

If you ( or anyone ) has specifics on cost at MIA or location at Bayside- I would appreciate the info as well.

Thanks!

C&D

No I am not sure where the baggage storage is at Bayside. Since we will need to get back to the airport I will more than likely just leave our luggage at their storage.

Can anyone here offer us any help on this one? Thanks.

Does your cruiseline offer luggage express service? :confused: We paid $20 each to Carnival and they transported our bags to MIA and checked them in for our flight, leaving us free to explore Miami and Miami Beach. We put the airline tags on our bags, put them out side our room the night before and did not see the bags again until we landed at DCA - best $20 I ever spent! :cool:

Good luck! :)

Does your cruiseline offer luggage express service? :confused: We paid $20 each to Carnival and they transported our bags to MIA and checked them in for our flight, leaving us free to explore Miami and Miami Beach. We put the airline tags on our bags, put them out side our room the night before and did not see the bags again until we landed at DCA - best $20 I ever spent! :cool:

I will have to check in to that. We have a connecting flight in Dulles and then on to Toronto so I am not sure that this will be an optionfor us. Thanks for the suggestion.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Wonder what the definition of "each" is? In theroy one person could have 4 bags right? I do like this option though and may have to check into it.

Does anyone know the soonest you can check your bags into the Airport?

When we disembarked after our last cruise from Miami in June 2011 there were 8 of us that had later flights out of MIA. We heard there was baggage storage at Bayside but didn't know where. Two of the 8 had carry-on luggage only and were on a 6pm flight while 6 of us had about a 4:30pm flight so we grabbed a mini-van taxi and went to the airport and checked our luggage in and then grabbed a taxi back to Bayside for the day. We had no problem checking our luggage in curbside at about 8:30am for a 4:30pm flight.

The two who had carry-on found the baggage hold. There is a stand outside near Bubba Gump Shrimp Co that sells, newspapers, drinks, snacks, etc. and he will hold the luggage there. Our friends had no problem and it appeared quite a few others utilized it as well.

• 1 month later...
When we disembarked after our last cruise from Miami in June 2011 there were 8 of us that had later flights out of MIA. We heard there was baggage storage at Bayside but didn't know where. Two of the 8 had carry-on luggage only and were on a 6pm flight while 6 of us had about a 4:30pm flight so we grabbed a mini-van taxi and went to the airport and checked our luggage in and then grabbed a taxi back to Bayside for the day. We had no problem checking our luggage in curbside at about 8:30am for a 4:30pm flight.

The two who had carry-on found the baggage hold. There is a stand outside near Bubba Gump Shrimp Co that sells, newspapers, drinks, snacks, etc. and he will hold the luggage there. Our friends had no problem and it appeared quite a few others utilized it as well.

Thanks for the idea. Here is what they told me at the luggage storage when I called. They are open continuously from 5 am until 9 pm everyday. The location is in Central Terminal E on the 2nd level. The cost is $8 per bag per day and you need picture ID and a airline ticket.

• 4 weeks later...
Wonder what the definition of "each" is? In theroy one person could have 4 bags right? I do like this option though and may have to check into it.

Does anyone know the soonest you can check your bags into the Airport?

When I used it the fee was $20 per person. I had 2 pieces of luggage and paid $20. They picked up my luggage outside my cabin on the last night of the cruise and the next time I saw it was when I got home.

I have heard that you can only check in luggage 2 hours before your flight but others have said 4 hours.

We tried to do the cruise lines luggage express but we were declined. Not sure why. The luggage storage worked out well but the luggage express would have been easier and about the same price because we had to take a taxi from the port to the airport. The express bus to South Beach from MIA was great though.

• 1 year later...

Archived