FOV on Millenium

Pean

We are looking at getting a FOV on Millenium and were interested in any information people may have as to any that are better than the others or are they all great. I assume by reading the brochure that 3 beds will be in the lounge area. Thanks in advance.

We just got back from spending two weeks in a corner FOV on Deck 7. All FOV's are great but corner FOV's are a bit better becasue of the cabin layout and the larger balcomny.

The balcony on all FOV's are big, the corner FOV's have HUGE balconies. Our balcony was approx 35' deep. Nestled on it were four chaise loungers, four regular chairs and a large round table which could seat four people at dinner comfortably. Furthermore, the corner FOV balconies allow you to have a 270 degree panoramic view. You can see both forward and aft from the balcony.

The cabin itself is much larger than conventionable cabins except for the Penthouse suites on Deck 6 and maybe the royal suites along the sides of the ship. There was a long private hallway leading to a second front door for our cabin (7199 BTW). We stored all of our luggage in a nook in this private hallway.

The cabin is divided into two rooms, the main part of the cabin and a sitting room/second bedroom. There are separate TV's and light switches, etc. in each of these two rooms. The main room has a desk, a bar, a small refrigerator, an HD TV, a queen sized bed and the bathroom. There are TWO complete closets in the main room as well. Each set of closets has a double door and is quite large.

The second room has a couch and sofa plus a coffee table and its own TV. The couch is a hide-a-bed that opens into I think a queen sized bed as well. I managed to stay out of the doghouse for two straight weeks (a new record) consequently we never opened the hide-a bed. There is sliding door that completely separates the second room from the first room.

In both rooms there are storage drawers everywhere. This in addition to the standard single closet (in the main room) with six drawers and a smallish safe. There is a huge amount of storage in the various drawers found almost everywhere in both rooms. In the second room there is credenza that runs the width of the room minus the doorway. The TV for the second room sits on this credenza. There are two sets of two large drawers in the credenza, two drawers on each end. Like I keep saying there is a huge amount of storage in these FOV's.

The ONLY drawback is that there is only one bathroom and it is a small bathroom compared to bathrooms in Sky Suites and above (cabin category wise).

The corner FOV we were in has now spoiled us for any other class of cabin. Before this we had always been in either an aft facing C1 cabin or one of the Sky Suites. The FOV's eclipse any of these cabins by such a margin that would like to have a corner FOV for every cruise that may be in our future.

I know this is a long winded reply but you have any questions let me know and I will answer.

In the meantime everyone out there have a really great New Year here in 2012.

:):):)

Thanks Pilot 70D for your great response. It looks like they are certainly the way to go. Good to hear you kept out of the doghouse for 2 weeks. I suppose my only concern is it does not sound like 3 single beds in the other room and I am not sure how 3 late teen boys will feel about this. I know we could go for 2 cabins but the price and balcony size appeals to us. I vaguely remember reading somewhere that some of the FOV balcony railings are closed in but can't find the thread now. How were the railings on your balcony. Thanks again for all your help on this matter. Cheers

Thanks Pilot 70D for your great response. It looks like they are certainly the way to go. Good to hear you kept out of the doghouse for 2 weeks. I suppose my only concern is it does not sound like 3 single beds in the other room and I am not sure how 3 late teen boys will feel about this. I know we could go for 2 cabins but the price and balcony size appeals to us. I vaguely remember reading somewhere that some of the FOV balcony railings are closed in but can't find the thread now. How were the railings on your balcony. Thanks again for all your help on this matter. Cheers

There are definitely NOT 3 single beds in the other room. I think the FVs are great cabins for a young family but I don't think that it would be great for older teens unless they are not going to be in the room much and don't mind sharing the pullout. I think both couches pull out but that still involves sharing.

DSC01088.JPG

The corner FV cabins do have metal instead of plexiglass for the base of the balcony so you can't see out when you are lying on a lounger.

DSC00979.JPG

Thanks Suzie for your reply and your photos. As they say a picture paints a thousand words. Although I don't think the boys will be spending a lot of time in the cabin it looks like we may have to splash out for separate ones which is not good as I love the look of the balcony. It also looks like it would be pretty squeezey if both couches were pulled out. Back to drawing board to relook at available cabins. Cheers

There are definitely NOT 3 single beds in the other room. I think the FVs are great cabins for a young family but I don't think that it would be great for older teens unless they are not going to be in the room much and don't mind sharing the pullout. I think both couches pull out but that still involves sharing.

The corner FV cabins do have metal instead of plexiglass for the base of the balcony so you can't see out when you are lying on a lounger.

You don't have an unrestricted view when using a lounge chair on the balcony but you can see plenty of ocean. There is part of the back that is open giving you a great aft view while in a lounge chair. We in fact watched the sun set over the ocean while side by side on two lounge chairs.

I think that only the couch folds out into a bed. There is insufficient space for both the couch and the love seat fold out in that second room.

Teen sleeping arrangements are very possible in the FOV's. The big bed in the main room is really two twin beds pushed together to make a larger bed. These could be made up as two single twin sized beds. The fold out bed in the second room is big enough for two people.

Everybody stay warm out there.

:D:):D

Archived