Upcoming canaries cruise - Help / Advice in port

lee101224

hi all ,

try and keep this as short as possible .

Will be on Ncl Jade early April , 4th cruise for us but first in the med . Have done a mixture of cruise excursions, outside organised tours , or simply got taxis when we arrived in ports on all of the many islands we have visited in the caribbean . But never hired a car .

We are due to visit Tenerife , an island we have been too a few times before and are aware that there is not that much to do in the north of the island , so was hoping to hire a car and travel down to the south for the day . If time allows we will go the Siam Water Park which is FANTASTIC !

My concern is , every holiday I have ever been on ( and there been quite a few ) car hire has never been a nice straight forward transaction , and never a quick processs .

Would like to know people experiences when hiring a car , preferably in Tenerife but really on any island ..... Is it really worth it for the day , or do you waste time collecting and dropping off the car ?

In an ideal world , I would get off the ship at the earliest chance , go get the car , come back and pick the others up from the post and head off ....... Does all this sound possible ? And worth it ?

All advice , experience , etc is welcomed ..... Look forward to your thoughts

thanks in advance

Sorry I can't help with your logistics, but have you posted this question over on the Ports of Call board? You might get more helpful information from passengers who have done this but did not go on an NCL ship.

Have a great time! I haven't been to Tenerife since 1984 so I'm sure its changed so much. (So much world...so little time.)

hi all ,

try and keep this as short as possible .

Will be on Ncl Jade early April , 4th cruise for us but first in the med . Have done a mixture of cruise excursions, outside organised tours , or simply got taxis when we arrived in ports on all of the many islands we have visited in the caribbean . But never hired a car .

We are due to visit Tenerife , an island we have been too a few times before and are aware that there is not that much to do in the north of the island , so was hoping to hire a car and travel down to the south for the day . If time allows we will go the Siam Water Park which is FANTASTIC !

My concern is , every holiday I have ever been on ( and there been quite a few ) car hire has never been a nice straight forward transaction , and never a quick processs .

Would like to know people experiences when hiring a car , preferably in Tenerife but really on any island ..... Is it really worth it for the day , or do you waste time collecting and dropping off the car ?

In an ideal world , I would get off the ship at the earliest chance , go get the car , come back and pick the others up from the post and head off ....... Does all this sound possible ? And worth it ?

All advice , experience , etc is welcomed ..... Look forward to your thoughts

thanks in advance

Yes, please review the Ports of Call section for the Canary Islands. Also, you should check into your roll call for this sailing.

Archived