Quest New Years

westmount

hi everyone,

still two more days on the SS Paradise, a simply great way to spend two weeks during the Christmas holidays. Experiencing New Years in St. Barts was quite the site, as the Quest was one of two cruise ships amongst the 100 or so yachts that were almost the size of our little palace ( someone will buy the quest and convert her for single use) that made NY's quite special with the fireworks etc. The staff has been great, the crowd quiet but full of families like ours, I really don't know how a cruise line does things better. I think they can use a little more creativity in the dining area, but the food has been great, and if you want a second or third dish, just ask. I do think they have growing pains in training so many new faces, but everyone tries very hard, and its not for lack of effort.

Seabourn is still the best out there, we love them, I was lucky enough to upgrade to an owners suite for a few bucks when I saw it was going to be vacant, and let me tell you, the extra bathroom is worth every cent.

Thank you Seabourn for a great holiday, two more sea days to go, and then the Betty Ford Center for a couple of weeks I'm sure.

Regards

Westmount

Thanks for sharing with us !:D I've been fortunate in having spent 3 Chritmas/NY's Seabourn cruises in the Carib ~ and I agree....Seabourn knows how to entertain/celebrate! Yes, those mega yachts a'round St Barts on NY's Eve are unbelievable. Did Captain Geir-Arne blow your Quest ships horn at midnight?

Have a continued wonderful holiday ~Galley Luncheon, will be coming up shortly ~plan to eat desert first.....then go for the fresh, fabulous seafood starters!:p

Martita B.

I was on the Legend in St Barts on NYE and the fireworks were the best part, along with looking at the huge yachts. But I agree, nothing like Seabourn cruisers for fun and friendship. There was a lot of people watching, but give me breadsticks and twice baked cheese souffle any day.

I agree with Westmount. The New Year's Even celebration was very special since we were in St Barts. I also think there is room for improvement in the main dining room. The presentation was not up to standard and ther choices left much to be desired. To me the entire staff and crew are excellent. The service is outstanding. And I'm glad to mention that Seabourn is enforcing the dress code. Now we've sailed on all three of the big ships and all are wonderful.

Archived