Upgrades?

dundeene

Final payment is due tomorrow. About 35+ ph and suites are shown open for this sailing.

Some travel sights are still selling Guar. category on cabins in B1.(which show wait list on Oceania)

I am assuming the cabins less expensive than a4's that all show wait list are over sold.

How does Oceania handle this. Will current A1 quests be offered upgrades to PH. Or will the guar. B1 categories be upgraded to PH.

Should we tell out TA we are open to an upgrades?

Thanks to all you savy Oceania past cruisers for all the info I have received so far.

Final payment is due tomorrow. About 35+ ph and suites are shown open for this sailing.

Some travel sights are still selling Guar. category on cabins in B1.(which show wait list on Oceania)

I am assuming the cabins less expensive than a4's that all show wait list are over sold.

How does Oceania handle this. Will current A1 quests be offered upgrades to PH. Or will the guar. B1 categories be upgraded to PH.

Should we tell out TA we are open to an upgrades?

Thanks to all you savy Oceania past cruisers for all the info I have received so far.

The Cruise Lines' first avenue of action will be to try to up-SELL people.

Those offers, however, come and go VERY quickly, so if you are seriously interested in a better room, you may want to give your TA a parameter to work with, such as, "if they offer us a Penthouse for less than $500 per person, we will take it".

If the "Up-Sell Market" does not empty the number of cabins that Oceania needs (or wants to re-sell) THEN the upgrades may begin.

There really is no "formula" that they use to decide on which passengers get upgraded because everything depends on where the demand is, which cabins can be easily resold, and (hopefully) some type of incentive for past passenger loyalty.

So, get out your Crystal Ball and the best of luck to you!

On our Australian crusie coming up, we are in an A2 cabin assigned when we booked.There are 3 cabins to our right and 3 cabins to our left that are not booked yet according to the O site.Also A3 is not fully booked.

A1 is Select Guarentee so I am assuming those people in the catagory will be moved up.

We have all paid infull by this time,but was hopping to go down to Cat. A1 and save ourselfs $200.00 PP since all A catagorys are the same staterooms except for location.

OK, I'm stumped...how do you figure out the number of cabins that are reserved from the Oceania web site?

Curious for our our upcoming cruise:)!

Many thanks.

It is not the most convenient process, but the way that people do it is to look in the "Book a Cruise" section as if they were new prospective passengers and making note of the cabins which are still available to choose from.

Sorry i ment A3,

You log on with a diffrent e mail and sign up then go to the cruise u want to know about

Why not ask your TA to see if you can move down

I would do the AFT A3's though unless you like the "motion of the ocean"

Why not ask your TA to see if you can move down

I would do the AFT A3's though unless you like the "motion of the ocean"

Our last 3 crusies on O we had stateroom 7101 A3 cat.Just waiting to see if the A3 comes of Guarenty.

Our last 3 crusies on O we had stateroom 7101 A3 cat.Just waiting to see if the A3 comes of Guarenty.

You can always request to be Waitlisted for that cabin in the aft A3's

Someone may be waiting for your cabin Cat ;)

Lyn

Archived