Is there a prime time to purchase tickets?

ISLABONITA

That's a matter of personal choice. I like to book my cruise for the next year while still sailing on a ship. In doing this, I receive shipboard credit, the exact cabin in the exact location that I want, guaranteed dining time and if the price ever goes down after booking, but before final payment is due, I get the lower price.

Now if none of this bothers you, then when you see a good price that fits your budget, book it.

Actually, what I've been finding is that as a cruise date gets closer, the prices are going up because ships are sailing full and demand is high. If you book early and there's a price drop, you can get a refund of the price difference.

We have a per diem price in mind for most cruises. If we find one that is priced right and a ship/itinerary we want, we book. Period.

If the price goes down before final payment, good. If not, we know that we were happy when we booked and won't drive ourselves nuts over the fact that the week before (or after) went down and is now cheaper.

If you have a cruise that you want and you are satisfied with the price, book it, relax and enjoy watching the countdown clock :D

Charlie

I booked our NCL Sun cruise (3/26 - 4/2) in January using CheapTickets.com. I tried lots of websites and kept coming back to CheapTickets because I found their site to be easy and quick and the price was right. My dh and I decided just in Jan. to cruise during my spring break which is why we got started so late. We got a 9th deck balcony stateroom for $1917, all included. I think this was a real bargain. Happy cruising:) !

Archived