More Breakaway Itineraries Announced

Cubechick

We also booked the January 19th, 2014 cruise. Coincidentally, we had a question yesterday for our PCC concerning our May 19th Gem cruise. In conversation, we mentioned that we heard that the Breakaway will start booking the cruises starting in October 2013 soon. Our PCC said that she would call us when she heard something. She called us 6 hours after we spoke with her.

The prices are very high, but my wife and I feel that this will be our "cruise to remember'.

It's good to hear that the prices should come down.

Rick.

Hi Rick,

I started a roll call for the cruise, check it out.........:)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1541322

Did the Latitudes Members get Emails of this.

I'm starting to get frustrated as I've been Platinum for a few years now and I NEVER get any emails. I've talked with numerous people including my PCC. I learn more on this board as you guys always talk about emails you get.

I don't get emails either. I can't even tell you how many times I've signed up for them. Even talked to them about it.

Booked earlier today for the 12 day on January 19th, 2014......so happy to see something longer than 7 - 10 days on the Breakaway for our annual January cruise out of NY. :)

We were looking at this today. It nice but.... WOW $$$

Booked the Jan 5th 2014 12 day....but boy that sucker is expensive.

My thoughts exactly. I paid way less for an 11 day on the Dawn out of Miami. Granted there was airfare involved but I still think it was less in the long run.:(

Beware!The first 2-3 days & last 2-3 days on any cruise embarking in NY or Baltimore suck!Its freezing cold and miserable because of the time of year.So your stuck inside the ship w/o much to do at all.So your 12 cruise is really the same 6-7 day cruise your accustomed to....your just paying more for the cruise and waste alot more money on booze and bingo!The cruise line makes big profits with these itineraries.:(

Not necessarily so. Perhaps we have been fortunate, but for the two cruises my wife and I have left out of New York in January, only one of the four days (the two first days and the two last days) have been cold/miserable. The first morning of our January 2009 cruise, we were off Cape Hatteras, with a temperature of 68 degrees and sunny at 8:00 AM. People were sitting around the pool. For the final afternoon of our January 2011 cruise, I was in the pool at 4:00 in the afternoon (with a temperature in the high 60s with sun).

The first morning last January was cloudy and drizzly with fairly rough seas. But, by the second morning we were off Florida and the weather was beautiful. The final afternoon of our January 2009 cruise was cloudy and in the 50s.

Of course the weather is just how you hit it, but I would not assume that both first and last days will be bad (certainly not both the first and last 2 - 3 days since you are off Florida/Bahamas by the second morning).

Rick.

Beware!The first 2-3 days & last 2-3 days on any cruise embarking in NY or Baltimore suck!Its freezing cold and miserable because of the time of year.So your stuck inside the ship w/o much to do at all.So your 12 cruise is really the same 6-7 day cruise your accustomed to....your just paying more for the cruise and waste alot more money on booze and bingo!The cruise line makes big profits with these itineraries.:(

Sorry, but I cruise from NY in the winter all the time, and you're grossly exaggerating. Generally after the first sea day (or prior to the last sea day) outdoor temperatures are quite tolerable.

All January cruises from NYC are less expensive. I am very sure the "TWO" 12 night cruises will come down in price. I know someone leaving Jan 8th on the Gem and her cruise for 11 days was cheaper than any 7 day I have ever done out of NYC. I guess I am bitter, I was actually hoping to do Christmas or President's week on the Breakaway. I guess I am flying President's week unless RCCL brings a great itinerary to NJ.

Sorry, but I cruise from NY in the winter all the time, and you're grossly exaggerating. Generally after the first sea day (or prior to the last sea day) outdoor temperatures are quite tolerable.

But what you're still saying is that the first and last sea days are not ideal. I'd rather fly to Florida and board a ship and have all warm weather. Given the inflated prices for the Breakaway itineraries, one would likely save money doing so.

All January cruises from NYC are less expensive. I am very sure the "TWO" 12 night cruises will come down in price. I know someone leaving Jan 8th on the Gem and her cruise for 11 days was cheaper than any 7 day I have ever done out of NYC. I guess I am bitter, I was actually hoping to do Christmas or President's week on the Breakaway. I guess I am flying President's week unless RCCL brings a great itinerary to NJ.

Given that there are only two sailings on the 12 nighter, I would not expect it to come down. If the ship did the same great itinerary the whole season, it might, but given the awful itinerary on the 7 nighter, I imagine the 12 nighter will sell briskly and there will be no need to discount.

But what you're still saying is that the first and last sea days are not ideal. I'd rather fly to Florida and board a ship and have all warm weather. Given the inflated prices for the Breakaway itineraries, one would likely save money doing so.

Our preference is to avoid flying if possible, so we accept the weather issue. We have a short drive of less than 90 minutes to the pier. The prices will come down. We never book a winter cruise from NY until the final payment date has passed and the cruise line needs to fill cabins.

Well, I don't play any bingo, and I don't pay for my drinks..... so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

However, NYC is either a short flight, or a reasonable drive away.... we have friends to visit, and with Breakaway the whole thing that was attractive about the 12 day is the 5 sea days.

If it's anything at all like EPIC, there will be tonnes to do, and not enough days to do stuff in.

Plus I've booked a spa suite, so have use of the spa, and the Haven as well as the main ship.

Just because it doesn't work for you, doesn't mean it doesn't work for others.....

to book the 12 day on 1/19/14 (the 19th is my birthday)

The 19th is my big cousin's bday too and I am preparing the party right now. And he was born in 1974. :) Boy, I am just thinking, what a GREAT bday present it would make if I book him the Breakaway for his 40th. :D Hmm, I might just do that!

it wont let me pick that ship :mad:
Same here! :confused: I need to check my spam mail box to see if I received any emails from NCL. sigh

Either way, it's probably too far out for me to plan. I am still working on Spring 2013.

NCL must be either really really popular, or need cash flow badly to open up 2014 bookings.

Wow,I suppose everyone has had their morning coffee by now!I simply was venting my experience.If your in the north in Jan/Feb its COLD and when you finally arrive in the south its WARM!Personally,I would never short my cruise again just to save airfare and to have a little travel convenience.Why do I want to lose 2-4 days minimum of "fun in the sun" to save on travel expense (airfare).If I am buying a 12 day cruise,I want a 12 day cruise ie; R/T Ft. Lauderdale,Miami or San Juan.But perhaps with mother nature's drastic changes in the weather,it will warm up in the north and be balmy in Jan/Feb...cruise at your own risk!

Booked the Jan 5th 2014 12 day....but boy that sucker is expensive.

Got comp'd balcony, and upgraded to a Spa Suite....and still owe (including taxes) $6300 for 2 people.

Mind you, it's 12 days with several ports which are potentially interesting....for about $700 less than the 6 day maiden TA non-stop.

Stephen

Hey Stephen! Looks like we'll be sailing together again!

I'm glad I'm not the only crazy person who booked so far out. 2 years and one day is a person best! :rolleyes:

Not being a CAS member, the suites are far too rich for our blood, so we booked an aft balcony for now w/ our fingers crossed that we'll be able to move into a suite during the next TWO years!!! :D

Looking forward to going to Barbados again and St. Kitts and St. Lucia are new for us.

FWIW I only saw this because I happened to see the release on FB. I haven't gotten an announcement type email from NCL in years! :rolleyes:

ETA, I see the 12-day S. Caribbean on NCL's website now....

Wow,I suppose everyone has had their morning coffee by now!I simply was venting my experience.If your in the north in Jan/Feb its COLD and when you finally arrive in the south its WARM!Personally,I would never short my cruise again just to save airfare and to have a little travel convenience.Why do I want to lose 2-4 days minimum of "fun in the sun" to save on travel expense (airfare).If I am buying a 12 day cruise,I want a 12 day cruise ie; R/T Ft. Lauderdale,Miami or San Juan.But perhaps with mother nature's drastic changes in the weather,it will warm up in the north and be balmy in Jan/Feb...cruise at your own risk!

Unfortunately it looks like you had a bad experience. Our "worst" cruise in January temp-wise, we were still out on our balcony enjoying the warmer air by the end of the first sea day. The next two cruises we awoke that first morning to temps already in the 50's. By no means a waste.

Unfortunately it looks like you had a bad experience. Our "worst" cruise in January temp-wise, we were still out on our balcony enjoying the warmer air by the end of the first sea day. The next two cruises we awoke that first morning to temps already in the 50's. By no means a waste.

Yeah,bad weather!:(

Yeah,bad weather!:(

What bad weather:confused: Once onboard the ship let the cruise begin. I cruised out of NYC every winter Jan/Feb since 2004. I would much rather get on the ship and start the party then spend a day stuck in an airport, spend my first night in a hotel, and hope my flight home is not cancelled.

The winter we had 24 inches of snow the day we sailed I was far happier anchored of Staten Island for the night waiting for fuel then the 1000s stuck in ny area airports for days trying to get to FL to catch up with ships that already sailed. Not being able to lay out on the pool deck in a bathing suit for a day and a half is a very small price to avoid the nightmare of current air travel.

Booking are only available to latitude members, not on their website. I called my PCC. :)

I saw prices yesterday :eek: I think the ship will have to get older before I consider booking LOL

Maybe they'll have another-$99 pp outside from NY-sale soon ;)

Even your explanation though, presupposes that everyone is motivated the same way you are.

I do not like too much sun. I tend to stay in the shade / indoors / air conditioning.

I couldn't care less about the cost of airfare, I have so many airmiles points that I haven't paid for a leisure flight in 10+ years.

I want to leave New York because it's NYC. We've done it 3 (or is it 4?) times, and really enjoyed each time.

I get that you don't want to sail from NYC in the winter. I don't get why you use such a huge font.... :eek:

Hey Stephen! Looks like we'll be sailing together again!

I'm glad I'm not the only crazy person who booked so far out. 2 years and one day is a person best! :rolleyes:

Not being a CAS member, the suites are far too rich for our blood, so we booked an aft balcony for now w/ our fingers crossed that we'll be able to move into a suite during the next TWO years!!! :D

Looking forward to going to Barbados again and St. Kitts and St. Lucia are new for us.

FWIW I only saw this because I happened to see the release on FB. I haven't gotten an announcement type email from NCL in years! :rolleyes:

ETA, I see the 12-day S. Caribbean on NCL's website now....

I saw FireLT post it yesterday (saying it had released last Friday). Called CAS and grabbed what I could.

Should be a fun cruise...hopefully lots of us will re-unite. I think a slot-pull will be in order! :)

Stephen

You're the one injecting ridiculously unnecessary drama by using provocative language like "beware", "suck", "freezing cold and miserable", and posting in a screaming large italicized font. :rolleyes:

Archived