Has anyone ordered flowers for your room?

SanDiegoSue

Like most of the folks that responded so far I have ordered flowers on every cruise, normally the roses. Our first 6 cruises we had mini-suites and there was a table by the door that was perfect for them. I've had the mixed arrangements once or twice and they were very nice. DW always says not to bother - but it's part of the deal as far as I'm concerned - and we always find room for them even if we have to move wine bottles around :-)

With a cruise, the flowers could have come from multiple sources and been exposed to others on the ship, there is no way to know so agriculture doesn't allow it. On a British Isles cruise that doesn't leave the UK it might be possible.

Actually, import of flowers "for personal use" from one EU country to another is - surprisingly - allowed.

I have seen the bit on the Princess website that tells you the price and the gift code, but not how you actually place an order. Can you do it online? Or do you have to phone Princess to order?

Oh, and if you have to phone does it matter if you have booked through a TA, do you then need to order them though your TA.

Many thanks.

True, but given they come into contact with plants from other countries on the ship I am not sure if that is allowed or if you have to prove sourcing to take them off the ship...

Actually, import of flowers "for personal use" from one EU country to another is - surprisingly - allowed.

You have to call or use the order form on that page by fax, no online. You do not need to worry about your TA for this.

I have seen the bit on the Princess website that tells you the price and the gift code, but not how you actually place an order. Can you do it online? Or do you have to phone Princess to order?

Oh, and if you have to phone does it matter if you have booked through a TA, do you then need to order them though your TA.

Many thanks.

Archived