Has anyone ordered flowers for your room?

SanDiegoSue

I won a gift certificate for a $30 arrangement at sail away on one of our cruises and I must say the arrangement that we received for $30 was just beautiful. I was very impressed and it definitely brightened up the room. If you enjoy flowers I say go for it. At least based on my experience the arrangement you receive is as nice, if not even nicer for the dollars than any arrangement from a florist at home. I'm sure you will enjoy it!

Yep.

Here's a pic from our most recent cruise, I think they were around $40 and waiting in our cabin.: You can also order on board for same or next day delivery (depending on time). These lasted almost the whole 10 days.

Panama2011Card2-36-L.jpg

I'm thinking about doing this, to brighten up the room. Has anyone done this?

Sue

We have been getting them with in our suites and they usually are beautiful - Last year it was only so so and some died after a couple days so I stopped and talked to the young man and he replaced them. The ones on our Christmas cruise last week were wonderful and they even put more in the bathroom. They still were nice at the end of the week and if we had been driving, I would have taken them home.

Our daughter has ordered them for us as a surprise. They are very nice and usually very hardy. The lowest price one is perfect.

I will say, last year we ordered the long stem roses for ourselves in a mini suite, and they were too large. We had to move them from the coffee table to the desk every time we had guests, so that they could see each other!:eek:

I was on Princess Diamond (Sep - Oct 2011) from Whittier to Beijing.

I ordered myself 2(!) arrangements, as they were so stunning! I had protea, star lilies, roses...can't recall all, but just wonderful! Each arrangement (only $39.95) lasted an entire week. I was thrilled w my purchases!

My husband gave me some when we were on a ship on Valentine's day. They were nice, and I think they lasted the rest of the trip. We gave the vase to some friends who were staying on the ship.

The card was funny. It was supposed to say something about bopping around together forever (been a theme in cards since we were dating). It came as "hopping around together forever". My legs are sore from all the hopping :D

Our daughter has ordered them for us as a surprise. They are very nice and usually very hardy. The lowest price one is perfect.

I will say, last year we ordered the long stem roses for ourselves in a mini suite, and they were too large. We had to move them from the coffee table to the desk every time we had guests, so that they could see each other!:eek:

I agree with that. I ordered the roses for my parents and it took up too much room in their balcony cabin. Also, friends of ours sent us the same arrangement (roses) while on the OP which has a little more room in the balcony cabin and still, it kind-of got in the way. They're easy to knock over too since they're taller.

I recommend the smaller arrangements. The sit nicely in many places, last longer generally and don't get knocked over as easily. The one in the picture above with the Bird of Paradise is considered their "tropical" arrangement FYI.

One of my embarkation to-dos is to go place my floral order. I have ordered that bird of paradise tropical arrangement. Basically I go for an arrangement containing tropical lillies. They are so fragrant and smell fantastic every time you walk into your cabin. The arrangement lasts the whole cruise.

They still were nice at the end of the week and if we had been driving, I would have taken them home.

Unfortunately, flowers are not permitted to be taken off of the ship. Agriculture and customs regulations in every country.

Unfortunately, flowers are not permitted to be taken off of the ship. Agriculture and customs regulations in every country.

Are you sure that's correct in every country? I've bought (or been given) bouquets of flowers in foreign countries on a number of occasions and carried them into the UK through airports. So I don't know why there would be any problems taking them off the ship at a UK port?

We have had flowers waiting for us in our cabin as a gift from our kids (long stem roses), we've ordered flowers for the cabin from the ship (tropical arrangements) and both were beautiful and lasted almost the entire cruise. In addition, we've purchased flowers at the pier in Hilo and in Nice, France and they brightened our cabin on those cruises, too.

I'll be ordering from the ship this time.

We did the Ultimate Balcony Dinner on the third night of our cruise last month on the Crown. The flower arrangement that came with it was lovely. We kept it in our cabin for the rest of the cruise and then gave it to our tablemates who were staying on for the next cruise. It almost looked as fresh when we gave it to them as when we received it. I only removed a lily blossom that was starting to fade.

We have ordered arrangements for the room and they are beautiful. We only had a problem once and they replaced them right away (lasted 3 days). This year I wanted to order a dozen roses since we will be gone over valentines day, but for the past 40 years whenever I have gotten flowers for my wife, I have always included 1 yellow rose (friendship). When I went to order them this time they said they couldn't do special orders. Guess I will have to see if I can get them on board but really wanted them in the room when we got there. Anyone have any suggestions? Don't want to break a 40 year tradition.

With a cruise, the flowers could have come from multiple sources and been exposed to others on the ship, there is no way to know so agriculture doesn't allow it. On a British Isles cruise that doesn't leave the UK it might be possible.

Are you sure that's correct in every country? I've bought (or been given) bouquets of flowers in foreign countries on a number of occasions and carried them into the UK through airports. So I don't know why there would be any problems taking them off the ship at a UK port?

Archived