OK Couples....Who does the most planning?

packedandready

I've been checking prices, planning excursions, arranging dining time, applying BoA points, etc, etc. We're driving to the port so don't have to worry about airfare, flights or hotel. All this got me to thinking ... who does your planning?

Of all the vacations we've taken in our 35 years of marriage I've (DW)planned about 99.999999999% of everything. DH is perfectly content to just show up. I usually run things by him, but his response is "you always do a good job and I enjoy whatever you plan so do what you want". I could never have that attitude. I want to know who, what, where and when. He just asked me yesterday "what days to I need to schedule off" for our April cruise. Most of the time he doesn't even ask about our excursions till the day we're in port:eek:.

So...who does your planning????

It's possible that we are married to the same man. This April he decided we were taking a Spring Break cruise 2 weeks before we departed. I almost had a stroke when he booked it. Nothing like packing for the entire family in less that 2 weeks. Not only that but we spend 4 days in the car driving to and from the port with our daughters 11 & 9. No one died and no one ended up naked or in dirty clothes by the end of the cruise.

I do the planning because I must know exactly what is going to happen when. I do my relaxing by the pool on sea days.

I do ALL our vacation planning (DH1)....

The one trip that I allowed DH2 to pack for, was a 4 night trip to Puerto Rico, and we had run out of clothes by day TWO, so he has never been allowed to pack or plan for any trip since!!!! Nothing like wearing dirty clothes for two days in a tropical island..!!:eek:

I am the one the researches all of our trips, and I start packing 2-3 weeks out....I make sure he has books loaded into his Nook to keep him busy...I make dining reservations, spa treatments, entertainment, check out Roll Calls here, etc....

He doesn't know what ship or itinerary for our next cruise, and we leave in 6 days....!

We leave for China on Friday. I told Paul that if there was anything he wanted to add to our activities that his sister and I have planned he should speak NOW! His response, " I just show up and go where I am told!" ! :D Love that man of mine!

THAT'S what I'm talking about..!!

Me! With over six months to go for our Hawaiian cruise, about the only thing left to do is pack. Everything, and I mean everything, is bought and paid for, right down OBC. :D And I did it all by myself. Of course, DW is quite happy with this arrangement. Afterall, it is my anniversary gift to her.

I do all the research on ships and dates. I discuss with my wife what we are going to do. Then I book it, find and book the flights, hotel and rental car or shuttles. Then she does the hard work getting the 4 of us packed LOL. I think I get the better end of that deal.

I (wife) also do 99.99 percent of the planning, research and packing. After 28 years of marriage, I sometimes think it would be nice if he would surprise me with a Vacay getaway without me having any input - how romantic. Then I think - NO :eek:

That's me:D

Edited - make that 100% !!

I am an UBER-planner. As you can see from my signature, my next cruise is in 2014. In preparation:

• I have a guidebook for each port of call except one. (We've both visited that port before.)
  • I have researched and made detailed notes concerning tours and shore excursion at each port.
  • I've started a roll call.
  • I've corresponded with other cruisers about my ports and viewed a TON of their photos.
  • I've located a CC member who is taking the same cruise, a couple of months before me, who has offered to share the Cruise Compasses with me.
  • I have printed out deck plans.
  • I can tell you the name of the local beer for each of our ports of call.
  • I've taken the on-line tour of my ship more than once. (I'd prefer not to tell you how many times!)
  • I'm constantly searching for images of my ship and ports of call.
  • I've researched the ferry schedules, cab and ferry rates where applicable.

Yup...I'm THAT bad!!!

I travel solo and do it all by myself, but I can say anecdotally that my guess is that at about 80% of the female members handle it all, including the what and where during the cruise. The male just follows instructions.

I also do 100% of the planning, even if I ask my DH if he would like to do something special he tells me that it is up to me. I enjoy doing the planning, but would actually like some input sometimes. As long as he has no complaints then I guess it won't be a problem and I should be happy.:D

I do most of the planning when we go on vacation. I'm the kind of person who likes to know exactly what we're doing, how much it is going to cost, and what exactly is needed to pack. While it is helpful in some ways, I know I'm a little too uptight and really should relax and go with the flow a bit more. My husband has specifically stated that he is fine with me going a little crazy planning our next cruise but that as soon as I am on board, I am to grab a drink and relax for the next week!

I've been checking prices, planning excursions, arranging dining time, applying BoA points, etc, etc. We're driving to the port so don't have to worry about airfare, flights or hotel. All this got me to thinking ... who does your planning?

Of all the vacations we've taken in our 35 years of marriage I've (DW)planned about 99.999999999% of everything. DH is perfectly content to just show up. I usually run things by him, but his response is "you always do a good job and I enjoy whatever you plan so do what you want". I could never have that attitude. I want to know who, what, where and when. He just asked me yesterday "what days to I need to schedule off" for our April cruise. Most of the time he doesn't even ask about our excursions till the day we're in port:eek:.

So...who does your planning????

I get the same response from DW. You always do a good choice on a cruise and tours.

Archived