Tracy Arm Fjord shore excursion question

avidity_2002

Our Celebrity Infinity cruise has a port stop from 6.00a.m to 10.00a.m at Tracy Arm Fjord for about 4 hours.

Can we do any shore excursions within this time frame or will it be too hard?

When I check the cruise line I am not finding any shore excursions from this port and so I am wondering why and how to go about it.

Does this mean that there is no stop or is the time too short for any excursions?

Any ideas?

Tracy Arm Fiord is a beautiful scenic sailing day down a long fiord to the glaciers. Its not a port so you won't be getting off the ship, hence no excursions listed. Just hope for the possibility of little ice so your transit is longer, often times ships get turned back due to ice particularly early in the season.

Just hope for the possibility of little ice so your transit is longer, often times ships get turned back due to ice particularly early in the season.

They get turned back later in the season also. We didn't make it there for a July cruise.

Celebrity may have the add on Tracy Arm jet boat tour, there is one listed, but it's unknown if available for the OP.

With this itinerary being such a short transit- I would definately find an add on tour "necessary".

I would also suggest staying out until getting to Juneau, it's all wonderful scenery and good potential for humpbacks (a good pair of wide angle binoculars, "necessary"). Don't be in a rush to head back inside, if you don't do any add on tour.

Celebrity may have the add on Tracy Arm jet boat tour, there is one listed, but it's unknown if available for the OP.

With this itinerary being such a short transit- I would definately find an add on tour "necessary".

I would also suggest staying out until getting to Juneau, it's all wonderful scenery and good potential for humpbacks (a good pair of wide angle binoculars, "necessary"). Don't be in a rush to head back inside, if you don't do any add on tour.

Budget Queen - Didnt understand by what you mean "Dont be in a rush to head back inside, if you dont do any add on tour"? What do you mean by that? Didnt get that. Please clarify. Thanks

Budget Queen - Didnt understand by what you mean "Dont be in a rush to head back inside, if you dont do any add on tour"? What do you mean by that? Didnt get that. Please clarify. Thanks

When you exit Tracy Arm. The entire time is scenic sailing. IF you want to experience the most, stay out. I assume your Juneau port is following Tracy Arm?? I don't have time to look it up.

When you exit Tracy Arm. The entire time is scenic sailing. IF you want to experience the most, stay out.

Almost all of an Alaska cruise is scenic sailing to me. Its hard to head inside and miss it almost anywhere even after all my trips North :)

Almost all of an Alaska cruise is scenic sailing to me. Its hard to head inside and miss it almost anywhere even after all my trips North :)

Agreed, but if this routing takes them to Juneau after the Tracy Arm transit- this is a hot spot area for humpbacks plus very scenic- close land viewing sailing the entire way to Juneau.

Stay outside and at the front of your cruise ship as it leaves Tracy Arm and heads north to Juneau. Being outside and not on your balcony is key - from the front of the ship you can see in all directions (left, right and straight ahead) and can move easily from side to side. If you are on your balcony you miss at least half the chances for seeing wildlife and scenery.

Tracy Arm is a neat sailing, narrow fjords, beautiful cliffs, waterfalls and ice. If you are lucky you get close to the glacier, YMMV.

Some cruiseline do offer an add-on excursion wher you board in Tracy Arm a smaller ship and return to the ship in Port (Juneau ) or vice versa. I took it, very nice, but long time on the smaller ship, but worth it, but you miss meals and other amenities. BQ is right you can see lots of wildlife, for us there were two bear sitings and two whale sitings.

My personal opinion is if you want guranteed whale you should plan an excursion out of Juneau for whales specifically.

Our Celebrity Infinity cruise has a port stop from 6.00a.m to 10.00a.m at Tracy Arm Fjord for about 4 hours.

Can we do any shore excursions within this time frame or will it be too hard?

When I check the cruise line I am not finding any shore excursions from this port and so I am wondering why and how to go about it.

Does this mean that there is no stop or is the time too short for any excursions?

Any ideas?

• 1 month later...

I am looking at the 6/29 sailing on the Infinity.

I currently am booked with NCL and have already paid for the Tracy Arm excursion. In the case of NCL the ship is in Juneau in the morning and the excursion leaves shortly before the ship does, catching up with it later in the day.

For the Infinity, since she does not dock in Juneau until 2:30, I assume you board the smaller excursion boat in the morning while "at sea". Does anyone know about what time that occurs? (hoping it's not TOO crazy early)!!

Thanks,

Tom

I am looking at the 6/29 sailing on the Infinity.

I currently am booked with NCL and have already paid for the Tracy Arm excursion. In the case of NCL the ship is in Juneau in the morning and the excursion leaves shortly before the ship does, catching up with it later in the day.

For the Infinity, since she does not dock in Juneau until 2:30, I assume you board the smaller excursion boat in the morning while "at sea". Does anyone know about what time that occurs? (hoping it's not TOO crazy early)!!

Thanks,

Tom

Look at the shore excursion list, isn't there a time for this tour??

• 5 years later...

Hi everyone need some advice. Our ship holland niuew Amsterdam will be in Juneau from 1:00pm - 10:00pm on 10th July. Would love to see the glaciers and do the Tracy arm inlet excursion but the ship one is already booked out. I've contacted another tour operator "Allen marine tours"but unfortunately they leave Juneau at 1:30 and the ship needs to be in dock for at least an hour prior to departure.

Any ideas on how to book this excursion. I am waitlisted on the ships waitlist.