Concierge to AQ

jimbob622uk

For us the extra cost is worth it for the added perk of Blu alone.

Thanks for the info.Now to push my luck a little further. As I am alreadt booked in Concierge do you know how I stand with Pre paid gratuities or will my TA sort it for me(sorry to be a pain):p

Thanks for the info.Now to push my luck a little further. As I am alreadt booked in Concierge do you know how I stand with Pre paid gratuities or will my TA sort it for me(sorry to be a pain):p

If it's before final payment, you just will not be charged for gratuities....if after final payment, your TA will have to sort it out. Either they will be refunded to you, or they will be credited to your shipboard account where you will most likely use them for ..... gratuities.

Hi Some past AQ cruisers said they hardly saw the butler so who knows??

You may have misunderstood. Aqua Class passengers don't have butler service. All suite class category comes with a butler. BTW, we were on the Millie (suite) this past October and I saw my butler everyday. He was wonderful.

Is the extra cost of an AQ cabin over and above CC worth it on Eclipse??

Hi JimBob622Uk,

Concierge vs Aqua...

These two accommodations categories are very very similar... the primary difference being that AQua Class Passengers get the Blu Dining Room vs the Main Dining Room (and a few other perks that relate to Spa Services)

On many sailings I've discovered the prices are quite similar (within say $ 100 or less of each other)... and on occasion AQua may even be cheaper (a last minute sale) if a lot of the cabins in that class remain unsold... often hear of cruisers "upgrading" themselves automatically by finding the cheaper pricing, and then calling Celebrity to have their accommodations / cabin changed.

Only you can decide if AQua is for you... Mr Sloop and I aren't big on the Spa lifestyle although we do enjoy a visit once in awhile (BUT found that the prices for individual services on-board were literally 2 to 3 times MORE than what I pay on land for the same thing... hence I'll be getting my peddy BEFORE I leave home)

Also of note, many seem to prefer the location of Concierge Cabins on a ship vs Aqua (depends on the ship though)... be sure and check out WHAT is above any cabin you are considering... many times it is a public venue (so more noise). You can check the STICKY at the top of the Celebrity Board for more info on specific cabins in the Solstice Class Ships (which Eclipse is)

Hope this is helpful,

Hi Some past AQ cruisers said they hardly saw the butler so who knows??

TO BURANOGAL,

Indeed think you are confused... as the Cruiser asked about AQua being more expensive than CC (C-Class / Concierge Class) it clearly isn't a suite he was inquiring about... Suites would be MORE money than AQua (Sky - Celebrity - Royal - Penthouse)

Cheers!

Our last two cruises were in AQ cabins and was able to get for less than CC2 and CC3 pricing. Just need to search and wait. Love AQ for Blu dining alone.........

Exactly, it depends on what you want to spend. AQ gets all the benefits of CC plus its own benefits. I find CCs benefits superficial but AQ gives you Blu, Persian Gardens, Relaxation Room (overrated), free water and a couple others. Celebrity has had really good upgrades from all cabin categories so its really your call.

your question is VAGUE, especially since you do not list the amount you would potentially pay to switch to AQ Class.

In my opinion, if you are able to get the cabin location you want in AQ Class, would enjoy things like eating in BLU, and the persian garden, then I would be willing to pay about $100.00-150.00 more than CC.

BUT if you dont like the location, or prefer eating in the MDR, or are not the steam room type, then its probably not for you.

your question is VAGUE, especially since you do not list the amount you would potentially pay to switch to AQ Class.

In my opinion, if you are able to get the cabin location you want in AQ Class, would enjoy things like eating in BLU, and the persian garden, then I would be willing to pay about $100.00-150.00 more than CC.

BUT if you dont like the location, or prefer eating in the MDR, or are not the steam room type, then its probably not for you.

The difference is quoted as £61 which I think would work out around $95.Not sure about locations.Website quotingcabins 1560,1553 or1551.

Thanks for all replies!!

The difference is quoted as £61 which I think would work out around $95.Not sure about locations.Website quotingcabins 1560,1553 or1551.

Thanks for all replies!!

Hi JimBob622UK,

According to the Deck Plans... 1560, 1553 and 1551 are all on Deck 11 (Penthouse Deck) between the forward "bump out" and the midship "hump"... along the flat portion... and they are all under the Pool area of the ship (Deck 12 - Resort Deck).

Also if you look at a picture of the ship, you will see that there is an "overhang" (Deck 12 being slightly wider than Deck 11). So balconies up there do tend to have more shade than sun.

As well 1560 is on the Port Side of the ship, so it is possible that it might be affected by smoke from the smoking area above drifting down (if you aren't a smoker, or it bothers you... opt for the starboard side of the ship)

For more info on these cabins you should also check out the STICKY at the top of this Board for info on the Solstice Class Ships Cabins (location, layout, issues etc)

As to the rest... AQua vs Concierge, it really is a matter of preference... how much of a Spa person are you? Is eating in Blu something you want to do etc?

PS... Another handy tip, when doing a booking the Celebrity Website automatically shows just a few cabins to choose from (it seems to be random) ... BUT there are often times many more cabins available and some maybe even more desireable... if you check here on CC you can determine which ones are worth seeking out. You can then punch in any specific number to the Celebrity Website to see if it is available to book.

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

We think so. I've found the price of Aqua to be not that much more than CC, and sometimes it is less than CC. We book Aqua mainly because of Blu and not the spa services. Their spa services are way over-priced but it is nice to be part of the "spa environment". I take advantage of the relaxation lounge (which is only open for Aqua and spa customers). I also like the shower in the Aqua cabins -- it's a full body shower and not the overhead shower. But it all comes down to what you value. We value the foo-foo amenities Aqua offers but most probably don't.

Agree, I got an upgrade from an inside cabin to AQ for 100pp.

I'd love to know more details. Were you booked directly with Celebrity or did you book through a T.A.? Did you find the AQ at the lower price and ask for the upgrade, or did someone call you and offer it to you? How soon before the sailing did you upgrade? Or, did you get the upgrade at the port or onboard before sailing?

What time of year did you sail, and on what ship?

I'm just asking because we have an AQ and an inside booked. I'm trying to decide whether to cancel the AQ and then take a gamble that the prices will go down (sailing is March 31 and final payment is due next week). It looks as though there are many AQ cabins still available.

Yes seems I have been had :( Only celebrity reflection has a butler in AQ class. I think the TA gloss over the details just to get you hooked. I cannot imagine her lowering the price before final payment. Somewhere I read you can dine in Blu if your not in AQ class for a measley extra $5 if that is so it would have been way cheaper to have a verandah cabin because Im sure AQ was an extra $300 each. Too late now I guess.

I'm not sure why you think you've been 'had'. I believe the butler is only in Aqua Suites, a whole new class of service. And if you keep an eye on your cruise, and by that I mean checking the prices on line every day, you can find any price decreases and ask your TA to have your price adjusted.

You can only pay the extra $5 to dine in Blu if you are in a suite. And let me tell you that the butler thing is mostly a gimmick. Your room steward can do most anything a butler can--he just wears a fancier uniform. On a 2 week cruise, our butler got us reservations to Murano one night--that was the only special service. He did come by with the tea cart every afternoon, but for the difference in price I can happily run up to the buffet and get my own tea and crumpets.

I have seen cruises where the price for AQ is lower than the verandah fare--I think some people are afraid of the 'healthy' label of Blu!

Where in Oz are you? My daughter lives in Surfer's Paradise. She just flew into Barcelona to join us on our Solstice cruise in November--quite a journey!

I'd love to know more details. Were you booked directly with Celebrity or did you book through a T.A.? Did you find the AQ at the lower price and ask for the upgrade, or did someone call you and offer it to you? How soon before the sailing did you upgrade? Or, did you get the upgrade at the port or onboard before sailing?

What time of year did you sail, and on what ship?

I'm just asking because we have an AQ and an inside booked. I'm trying to decide whether to cancel the AQ and then take a gamble that the prices will go down (sailing is March 31 and final payment is due next week). It looks as though there are many AQ cabins still available.

I was booked through my time share, used points to get the cruise. They were in effect a travel agency, I called them several times to check on upgrades and got lucky...I would guess it was a month before sailing...

Archived