Crown Princess Nail Salon Shellac Manicure?

Whimsy

Hmmm..Gel nails for years :confused:..No grinding involved..I think it sounds more like you are talking about acrylics..Gel/Shellac are really the same thing just a different term depending on where you live and a pretty new technique that uses a UV light ;)

I have the solar gel nails that are just painted over mine. No UV light added or anything. Never put polish on them either. The whites from my own nails show through underneath so it looks like a french manicure, sort of.

Are you saying that this is the same thing as shellac? My own nails are thin, thin, thin so I've had these things for years. I love them but figured one day I WILL have to remove them, and was thinking shellac was the way to go. Did they just change the name for what I have? :confused:

I have the solar gel nails that are just painted over mine. No UV light added or anything. Never put polish on them either. The whites from my own nails show through underneath so it looks like a french manicure, sort of.

Are you saying that this is the same thing as shellac? My own nails are thin, thin, thin so I've had these things for years. I love them but figured one day I WILL have to remove them, and was thinking shellac was the way to go. Did they just change the name for what I have? :confused:

I would say your solar nails are not the same thing as shellac, given there is no curing under a UV light. Solar Nails are actually a type of acrylic nail system manufactured by CND (Creative Nail Design). CND also manufactures the shellac system, which is a different product and process.

If you go to a reputable salon they should be able to show you the different products and the different ways they are applied.

Good luck!

Archived