Sun Princess for a beer drinker

My husband is a beer drinker, more than a wine lover. Can someone who knows the Sun Princess - and enjoys beer - give him any tips? i.e. is there draught? What's available, and how do the prices run?

Thank you muchly in advance,

Jilli

My husband is a beer drinker, more than a wine lover. Can someone who knows the Sun Princess - and enjoys beer - give him any tips? i.e. is there draught? What's available, and how do the prices run?

Thank you muchly in advance,

Jilli

we just got of sea princess

draught beer was carlon draught and VB.....4.90 stubbies cascade light...4.90 carlton cold ,tooheys ,hieinken 5.10

Is there any more choices, or is that it?

yeah...a lot of imported beers .....carona,budwiser etc.....didnt have my favourite xxxx gold..Hope the Radiance of the Seas does 16 days without a xxxx gold.....not good

yeah...a lot of imported beers .....carona,budwiser etc.....didnt have my favourite xxxx gold..Hope the Radiance of the Seas does 16 days without a xxxx gold.....not good
It's surprising they didn't have xxxx gold because P&O Australia carry that. I would've thought (because Carnival Australia runs both lines) that the drinks list would be pretty much the same.

They had Crownies (Crown Lager) on Sun Princess in 2008 when we did the lap of OZ.

Also had Mexican beer on board 'Dos Equis.' Also Guinness in cans.Plus the usual VB etc.

In 2008 the ship had only just arrived in OZ, these days she has draught beer on I expect.

In those days we could bring on beer and wine, been stopped now, save for a couple of bottles of vino. Yet on the American Princess ships different story, just been on Ruby and Coral, take on what you like, spirits, beer, wine. Why? because 95% Americans on board, their customer base, they want to keep them.

It's surprising they didn't have xxxx gold because P&O Australia carry that. I would've thought (because Carnival Australia runs both lines) that the drinks list would be pretty much the same.

Heading out on Sea Princess in Feb; DH says we should start a petition to have XXXX Gold on board.:D

No, you aren't allowed to take spirits on board Aus Princess ships.

I have seen reports of American and others smuggling hard liquor on board in 'rum runners', because they claim that placed sideways, these are not detectable as bottles of liquor. If you look them up you will see that they are exactly like campers' inflatable plastic bottles, with plastic screw tops.

One woman said she had heard that its the metal tops that give away liquor bottles.

It's obvious that cruisers everywhere look for ways and means when they think that they'll find liquor overpriced on board.

Jilli

I have seen reports of American and others smuggling hard liquor on board in 'rum runners', because they claim that placed sideways, these are not detectable as bottles of liquor. If you look them up you will see that they are exactly like campers' inflatable plastic bottles, with plastic screw tops.

One woman said she had heard that its the metal tops that give away liquor bottles.

It's obvious that cruisers everywhere look for ways and means when they think that they'll find liquor overpriced on board.

Jilli

Pertaining to that last, here are direct quotes by cruisers on the subject, when discussing the subject on Yahoo:

1. 'I have a glass flask that I fill and put in a zip bag and then wrap it in my clothes and place in in the middle of the bag so it will not get broken. A pint sized bottle (maybe with the label soaked off) will work as well. Just never try to take it on board in a carryon bag. The other thing you can do is buy some mini's like they have on planes, and pack them with your toiletries in checked luggage.'

2. 'You sneak it on. Empty your Listerine/ mouthwash. The white bottle works the best dump it out and rinse it good and fill it with your liquor. Also if the liquor is clear buy water and drink it or dump it and reuse the container. Another bit of advice make sure you put it in a zip loc bag in case it leaks it won;t ruin your clothes. Works every time. This will help you save money. Just get a fountain card to make your mixed drinks!!!'

And the cruise lines monitor these boards, now they know the Aussies have joined the Americans in booze smuggling. Standby for rigid checks of pax luggage.

Do you think they really have time for that? :confused: I've seen the "smuggling" info on boards ever since I joined. They all seem to have their Facebook pages nowadays and I know P&O monitor theirs and often publish info and answer questions etc.

And the cruise lines monitor these boards, now they know the Aussies have joined the Americans in booze smuggling. Standby for rigid checks of pax luggage.

They undoubtedly already know every way possible, Australians aren't silly. And of the people who try it, some people will get away with it, and some people won't. And those that don't haven't lost anything, as it's all given back at the end of the cruise.

Spirits will be confiscated if found. They are returned to you, along with duty free alcohol purchases, on the last day.

I boarded in Tauranga with a large bottle of spirits I purchased ashore,

plonked it down in front of security with my name and cabin no. written on it,

expecting him to take it and hold it for me till last day, and he just waved me to go on...

750mL_8th_tribe_kiwifruit_72dpi__97171_zoom.jpg

I boarded in Tauranga with a large bottle of spirits I purchased ashore,

plonked it down in front of security with my name and cabin no. written on it,

expecting him to take it and hold it for me till last day, and he just waved me to go on...

750mL_8th_tribe_kiwifruit_72dpi__97171_zoom.jpg

Maybe he didn't realise it was liqueur! Although he should have. :rolleyes:

Do you think they really have time for that? :confused: I've seen the "smuggling" info on boards ever since I joined. They all seem to have their Facebook pages nowadays and I know P&O monitor theirs and often publish info and answer questions etc.

Capt Tony Yeomans on Ruby Princess told us recently at a CC m&g he reads CC every day, so does his Senior Security Officer and Passenger Services Director YIKES !

Archived