Cruise Sold Out - But Don't Give Up!

ChevyCruiser

I've been watching a "Round The Horn" cruise on the Grand in 2013 for quite a while. The cruise has been sold out for months.

I check the cruise in my saved cruises section of My Princess almost every morning. Yesterday morning I took a look at the cruise and decided to print out the intinerary to pin up on my bulletin board so that I could start visualizing the trip. I was hoping that something would open up after the final payment date and people cancelled their bookings. When I clicked on the itinerary it showed all categories except insides sold out. Figuring it was some sort of glitch, I thought what the heck and tried to do a booking to see how far I could get. I couldn't believe it, but several insides were available and I snagged one right where I wanted to be.

Half hour later it was all sold out again.

That's what my grandmother would call the result of clean livin' and right thinkin'.

Congrats ChevyCruiser.

Now you can come on over and join us on the Roll Call. Last I checked we are over 300 strong and growing. A week ago we finally reached the point where we can say "Next Year".

I noticed several roll calls for this cruise, some by segments. Is there one for the 49 day?

I noticed several roll calls for this cruise, some by segments. Is there one for the 49 day?

There is one roll call covering the three segment that is maintained by one guy. It indicates which segment(s) people are on. The name is something like January 26, 2013 19 days FLL to BA or some such. Look for a posting by Mreasier. That is Wayne, the keeper of the list. It has his email. Send him your info & he will send you the links to the Roll Call.

Paul, Thanks, I'll check it out.

Don, Be optimistic and check it every day like I was. This cruise was a major Bucket List item for me, so I was keeping an eye on it. She Who Must Be Obeyed refuses to do the Horn, so I'm on my own and an inside single works for me.

Cherylandtk, I never did sign up for the wait list, I planned to just wait until the final payment date passed and see if anything opened up.

Hi ChevyCruiser and congratulations on finding a cabin.

As Paul mentioned, there are threads for each segment of the cruise. Those of us who are going on the whole 49 days are using the Ft Lauderdale to Buenos Aires thread as their primary. The other threads have port specific discussions for ports covered by that thread. I am maintaining the spreadsheets for all three segments. Send me an email with your information and I will send you the links to the spreadsheets. My email address is in my signature. See post #1687 in the Ft Lauderdale to Buenos Aires thread for the information we are listing. In addition to listing the roll call members, the spreadsheets document tours that have been organized by roll call members. Most are full, but there are still some openings.

Wayne

Paul, Thanks, I'll check it out.

Don, Be optimistic and check it every day like I was. This cruise was a major Bucket List item for me, so I was keeping an eye on it. She Who Must Be Obeyed refuses to do the Horn, so I'm on my own and an inside single works for me.

Cherylandtk, I never did sign up for the wait list, I planned to just wait until the final payment date passed and see if anything opened up

Have fun reading, Chevy.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1381455

Archived