Latest check-in time on Caribbean Princess in San Juan

Adventures ahead

It is either 90 minutes or 2 hours before sailing.
I believe the way it works is: the ship must submit a completed manifest to Homeland Security 60 minutes before sailing which means everyone must be checked-in by then. Princess, and other cruise lines, require check-in at least 90 minutes before sailing in order to prepare and submit the manifest. If you arrive late, you may not be allowed to check in and have to fly to catch up with the ship at the next port.

Our friends haven't been to San Juan before and are flying in the afternoon before sailing. They want to maximum their time in San Juan by boarding at dinner time, rather than lunch. They'll be able to catch one of the two fire drills, the second being for late-comers.

Special Note Regarding Cruises Embarking in U.S. Ports

U.S. law requires cruise lines to transmit their passenger manifests to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security no later than 60 minutes prior to departure from the U.S. To comply, all passenger information must be processed at least 90 minutes prior to the scheduled sailing time. If you have not provided the required immigration information in advance, you should plan to arrive early to ensure you are checked-in no later than 90 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time or you will be denied boarding. Ensure that your travel plans permit adequate time for arrival to the ship.

Special Note Regarding Cruises Embarking in U.S. Ports

U.S. law requires cruise lines to transmit their passenger manifests to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security no later than 60 minutes prior to departure from the U.S. To comply, all passenger information must be processed at least 90 minutes prior to the scheduled sailing time. If you have not provided the required immigration information in advance, you should plan to arrive early to ensure you are checked-in no later than 90 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time or you will be denied boarding. Ensure that your travel plans permit adequate time for arrival to the ship.

Almost everybody does this in advance as this is the information you put into the Personalizer in order to print boarding passes and luggage tags.

To me the most sensible thing would be to check in, drop your luggage, and then go to Old San Juan for the afternoon and/or evening.

Great idea. This eliminates the luggage issue and Old San Juan is just a $10 taxi ride away. Thanks, Carolyn - I should have thought of that:D!

To me the most sensible thing would be to check in, drop your luggage, and then go to Old San Juan for the afternoon and/or evening.

Hi Carolyn, Bruce & Sharon from our Red Hot Rubies TA 2009 with a question. We will be sailing with Giorgio Pisano in February and had a couple of questions. Could you drop me a line using the link in my signature? Thanks.

Archived