Apartments in Paris?

CathyCruises

Thanks for the suggestions. We are looking to rent an apartment for at least a month, so the sites that offer daily rates are usually way over our budget. Some I have checked also have huge booking fees equal to 35% of the total rent! Any additional ideas welcome.

Thanks,

Cathy

2 years ago we stayed in a lovely place in the 16th - great neighborhood, close to shops, restaurants & metro, not crawling with tourists. Check their web site for all the details - but we loved it. It was just quirky enough to be fun. Plus, there's a laundromat in the bldg next door that was especially handy.

Try HomeAway..We will be using them for our next London family trip..Have family that has also used them with success..

This is the same company as VRBO.com. I also would recommend either one of these sites. For a rental of that length, you should be getting a discount, and renting directly with the owner means no booking fees.

2 years ago we stayed in a lovely place in the 16th - great neighborhood, close to shops, restaurants & metro, not crawling with tourists. Check their web site for all the details - but we loved it. It was just quirky enough to be fun. Plus, there's a laundromat in the bldg next door that was especially handy.

Thanks! Looks interesting--we are familiar with that neighborhood. Only thing is I could not find any reference to rental rates on the webpage! I will email for more info.

This is the same company as VRBO.com. I also would recommend either one of these sites. For a rental of that length, you should be getting a discount, and renting directly with the owner means no booking fees.

I have checked out both, didn't realize it was the company though. I am sure I can find something, just hoping for a personal referral as above--I'm also lazy!!! Thx cathy

We have rented several apartments through ownersdirect.co.uk and holidaylettings.co.uk - as you deal direct with the owners there are no booking fees. We stayed in Montparnasse the first time, which has a great market and lots of lovely restaurants. It is also on the train line from the airport, so easy to get to. The second time we stayed in the Bastille area, which is closer to the centre but we didn't like the area quite as much.

:)

We also stayed at the Citadines-the one near the Seine River-about a 10 minute walk to Notre Dame and The Louvre, in St Germain Des Pres district. We had 2 studio apartments for my hubby and me, and my 2 older teen-aged boys. They were spacious, had a great bathroom and a little kitchen that was well stocked for cooking simple meals, also free tea, coffee, cocoa and cappuccino in the lobby. We enjoyed our stay there. Hubby did not like the Murphy bed in our unit much but our boys had two very comfortable twin beds and I think you can ask for a conventional queen bed - which we should have done!

If you go to the website and key in the information relating to a booking in the left hand corner. Click on reserve and you will be given a price for your dates. There used to be a discount for the longer stays - this may still apply?

All the Citadines properties will be nice and functional but without character. Have stayed at several. If you want a specific VRBO recommendation, I have stayed at Listing #70223 and it is really nice. Very old building w/period character located in a private courtyard in the Marais. What I liked was that the owner is in Georgia -- Atlanta, I think -- and has several fine properties but he contracts the service out to the Hotel St. Louis, and they did a fine job of taking care of us, and even picked us up at the airport. If you go to the listing you can scroll down and click "see all my properties," or something like that. But this one was the most affordable. And for us, it worked out really well. Tripadvisor will have a section of reviews for various flats which you might also find helpful.

• 2 months later...

I am going to update this thread in case anyone ever searches it. We found the best deals and nicest apartments through www.perfectlyparis.com. They specialize in the Montmartre area and from the description/photos, they are the best looking apts.of any we found in searching tons of websites. We have booked two separate apartments so we will get a good first-hand look.

They speak English (I belive they are Irish) and have been so professional and easy to work with--hope this helps someone someday!

Cathy

We have used this company twice. They are American based (NJ) and the big advantage is that you leave the US with keys in hand.

We rented from someone off of VRBO and the hassle of trying to track down someone after flying and jet lag was not worth it. They were not reliable. Granted most one on one rentals may not turn out that way but ours did.

Both apartments were very, very reasonable and in great neighborhoods. Highly recommended.

I spent a ton of time on VRBO and was SO aggravated! I put in our dates and preferred arrondisements, and every time I clicked "return to search results" it took me ALL the way out and I had to reenter everything. I was fit to be tied. But in all my searching I didn't come up with anything as nice or reasonably priced as www.perfectlyparis.com. I also tried Homeaway, Paris Attitude, and many others. I am very happy with my choices; we ended up with 1 bedroom apartments (vs. studios) at very good prices ($700/week) which is a real bargain especially considering how nice the apartments are. Check them out!

I spent a ton of time on VRBO and was SO aggravated! I put in our dates and preferred arrondisements, and every time I clicked "return to search results" it took me ALL the way out and I had to reenter everything. I was fit to be tied. But in all my searching I didn't come up with anything as nice or reasonably priced as www.perfectlyparis.com. I also tried Homeaway, Paris Attitude, and many others. I am very happy with my choices; we ended up with 1 bedroom apartments (vs. studios) at very good prices ($700/week) which is a real bargain especially considering how nice the apartments are. Check them out!

Sure hope you will post regarding your apartments in Paris when you return. I have bookmarked the link you provided.

jill

When I was researching Paris apartments I looked at Perfectly Paris too. A lot of their apartments are in Montmartre. Like the saying goes, location, location, location.

When I was researching Paris apartments I looked at Perfectly Paris too. A lot of their apartments are in Montmartre. Like the saying goes, location, location, location.

Yes, you are exactly right. We have stayed in lots of other areas but never in Montmartre so we are looking forward to it. In comparing the apartments there, vs, say, St. Germain des Pres, we are getting a lot more for our $$$. An equivalent apt. in size and furnishings closer to the center would have been out of our price range. Since we have been to Paris many times we are fine with the location, but it probably would not be the best option for a first visit, although everything is perfectly reachable by bus and metro. Our favorite hotel is at the Pantheon and we know that area very well, but everything we saw was either tiny, booked, or tres cher--or all three!

I will happily report back with photos and a realistic review.

We have used http://www.parisvacationapartments.com, twice, and they are a wonderful company to deal with. Last summer our apartment was in the Palais Royal which is a great location.

They have studios to 3 bedroom apartments and in various locations. Their website is good and has accurate information and pictures about the apartments.

Archived