EPIC - Booths in Spiegel Tent

NengEuis

You are a bit far away from the action, but the direction you are facing is the direction that the show is taking place and you aren't craning your neck to look behind you if you are seated at the wrong side of the tables in the center.

I've sat upstairs, which I felt was a great view, and at the tables downstairs in the center. Downstairs unfortunately, the waiter forced us to sit with our backs to the show and my neck hurt for days having to turn backwards to see the show.

I was perusing some photos of the interior of the tent and noticed there are several booths that seat 4 along the wall of the tent. Have any CCers ever sat here, and did you enjoy the show from here?

We sat in the balcony. 25 each. Better view in my opinion.

We sat at one of the back booths, almost to the end. The booths are elevated a little and that helped with seeing over the people at the tables. However, our table had more than 4. DH and I had 3 other adults and a toddler seated with us. It was a little crammed, but the tables were also very tight. I would do the booth again since you didn't have to ever look behind you.

I did not sit in the balcony but I liked the seating on the ground. You have eye contact with the performers and they fly over your head and you can feel the breeze. You feel they are performing just for you. But there are no bad seats to view the show. The tent is rather small and all the seats surround the acts. You really cannot go wrong no matter where you sit.

We had a booth with 6 of us in it...a tad crowded. The view of the acts on the floor was fine, but we couldn't see all of the aerial stuff... The pluses are you don't have actors and waiters all over you, and you don't have to strain your neck trying to see everything, since its all right in front of you.

I honestly can't recall if this is true or not... But I seem to recall that while ALL of the upstairs in the theatre is the lower cost regular seating, NOT all of the lower level is the premium price seating. I thought there was SOME regular price seating downstairs. Outside the theatre, there are two separate lines (one for premium and one for standard). I think they put the premium people in first (all downstairs) and then they put the regular people in with some filling in less desirable downstair seats and some filling in the upstairs. I don't think you really are in control of whether you get upstairs or downstairs regular seating. I recall being herded to our specific location quite quickly and it wasn't like they just said go in and find a seat anywhere you like. We were fortunate and were placed upstairs for the regular seating, which I liked. This is the way I recall it, but I'm not 100% certain I'm correct. Anyone else recall the same or is it different?

I honestly can't recall if this is true or not... But I seem to recall that while ALL of the upstairs in the theatre is the lower cost regular seating, NOT all of the lower level is the premium price seating. I thought there was SOME regular price seating downstairs. Outside the theatre, there are two separate lines (one for premium and one for standard). I think they put the premium people in first (all downstairs) and then they put the regular people in with some filling in less desirable downstair seats and some filling in the upstairs. I don't think you really are in control of whether you get upstairs or downstairs regular seating. I recall being herded to our specific location quite quickly and it wasn't like they just said go in and find a seat anywhere you like. We were fortunate and were placed upstairs for the regular seating, which I liked. This is the way I recall it, but I'm not 100% certain I'm correct. Anyone else recall the same or is it different?

We had the lower cost seating and were in a booth on the lower level. There were three of us and we were joined by another couple. Our show was the first one offered and we had no wait to be seated. As the week progressed, I couldn't believe the lines.

I agree, and was about to book the standard seats when I saw this photo review. Just wanted to see if anyone had sat in these booths and had an opinion. Thanks!

We sat in the booths and couldn't see very well especially any of the "aerial" activities. We had "regular" price seats, but I think the balcony seats ( which I think are also "regular price") would have been much better. Unfortunately we weren't given a choice. That being said I didn't love the show, it was OK, but we won't go again on our next Epic adventure in February.

Thanks for your posts! I kind of had a feeling that not all the Standard seating was in the balcony, but had never read it anywhere until now. So buying standard seats doesn't guarantee a place there. Bummer.

Well here is what I ended up doing: We sail in 19 days and the only shows that had standard seating left were times we really didn't want. So I went ahead and paid the extra $20 and got the time/day we wanted, with premium seats.

Thanks again for all the feedback. :)

Archived