Does this deck exist on the Carnival Spirit?

aidansaunt2004

Okay, I just got off of the phone with Carnival and the lady was horribly confused.

When we were on the Dream there was a public "deck" on level 11 all the way forward. There was a door leading outside where anyone could go get fresh air, take photos etc. Just for reference, on the deck plan for the Dream this area looks like a crescent moon. I guess it's like some of the "secret doors" I've read about.

We are looking for something similar on the Spirit. On the empress and verandah decks there is an "arrow" shaped area all the way forward beyond the cabins. (on the deck plan) We thought maybe this was a public "deck" area as well. The Carnival rep had no idea of what I was referring to and recommended I get an aft balcony if I wanted to go outside.

Does anyone know if there are any decks at the end of any of the cabin areas where you can go outside for viewing purposes? The Carnival rep said the only viewing area would be on the Lido deck where all of the food is. Surely, there are some decks that are less crowded near cabins you can enjoy without booking a balcony cabin! We're looking at booking an inside cabin and we'd like to be near an outside deck just in case there is a whale spotting or something! Thanks :D

There are NO outside viewing areas on decks with cabins.

There are outside viewing areas on the Lido and on the decks above the Lido but they do not have cabins.

There are indoor areas with windows on lower decks but again NO cabins are there.

IF you are going to Alaska then a balcony cabin OR having a friend with a balcony cabin is a great idea for viewing.

The 'tan' areas you are referring to are not on the Spirit Class ships.

The 'grey' areas are crew only access areas.

On the Spirit Class ships there is open decks all the way fwd on Lido -9, Sun -10 and Sports -11 fwd.

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/interactive_map/spirit/interactivemap.html

Okay, I just got off of the phone with Carnival and the lady was horribly confused.

When we were on the Dream there was a public "deck" on level 11 all the way forward. There was a door leading outside where anyone could go get fresh air, take photos etc. Just for reference, on the deck plan for the Dream this area looks like a crescent moon. I guess it's like some of the "secret doors" I've read about.

We are looking for something similar on the Spirit. On the empress and verandah decks there is an "arrow" shaped area all the way forward beyond the cabins. (on the deck plan) We thought maybe this was a public "deck" area as well. The Carnival rep had no idea of what I was referring to and recommended I get an aft balcony if I wanted to go outside.

Does anyone know if there are any decks at the end of any of the cabin areas where you can go outside for viewing purposes? The Carnival rep said the only viewing area would be on the Lido deck where all of the food is. Surely, there are some decks that are less crowded near cabins you can enjoy without booking a balcony cabin! We're looking at booking an inside cabin and we'd like to be near an outside deck just in case there is a whale spotting or something! Thanks :D

Just came off the Spirit, a couple of days ago. I too, looked for a secret door. The only ones are marked "crew only" (or something similar). They lead out to a small sundeck, with a whirlpool tub and deck chairs at the nose of the ship. They are for the crew during their downtime. This area is visible from public areas above the Lido deck.

My advice: get a center-ship balcony. It was great!

One thought for you might be to consider the obstructed view balconies on deck 5...they're a good value and your view is only obstructed looking down, not out. If you consider this option, though, make sure you get aft of the 1st 3 lifeboats which are taller and come up to about the height of your railing.:)

I remember when we were looking into the Spirit that there were French Door obstructed view rooms. They were about $80 more per person than an inside and there were lifeboat obstructions on the deck. But you had french doors that you could open up and walk outside onto a deck and could walk around and can see through the gaps between each lifeboats. There may be other places you can see out as you walk along that deck as well. I know some people had issues because people could walk in front of their rooms and see in if they had the curtains open. But they had easy access to the outside and sunlight without paying for an ocean view or balcony room price.

I read this after doing a search. I guess you can't walk outside afterall. Sorry about that

4140 seems very popular on the Spirit. We had that cabin for Hawaii 2010 and have booked the same cabin to do the South Pacific for when she comes to Australia. We loved the cabin. It is the same design and size as a balcony cabin but you can't go outside. You can open the doors but there is a plexiglass barrier.

Archived