Help with Our First Time to St Lucia....

Beachgirlohio

First cruise in April and our first port is Barbados where we are going a catamaran trip to swim with Sea turtles with Calabaza. Our Second Port is St Lucia and we are trying to decide what to do. Thinking of designing our own trip with Serenity consisting of: Banana Plantation, Volcano, Bakery, Marigot Bay, Waterfall, Lunch at Ladera, and a possible swim at Jalousie. We were thinking of doing the land only but after reading many reviews, we are concerned about getting car sick. Can anyone recommend Serenity over James or Spencer Ambrose? Has anyone been to Ladera for lunch? What do you think about car sickness? Should we just take a water taxi back? Any help you can provide would be wonderful! Price for this private trip with Ladera Lunch is $348 per couple! THANKS!!!!!!

$348 is pricey. A taxi to see all of those sites on your own would be around $130-$150US, entrance fees would run another $20 or $30Us, then lunch would be based on whatevery you ate - and it wouldn't amount to $100US, I am sure. I've been to Ladera numerous times and I think the food is great and the view is obviously amazing, but for lunch, I would much higher recommend La Haut or The Beacon. Both of which are signifigantly less expensive and have equally amazing views. A cocktail at Ladera is almost a must, but lunch I would do elsewhere.

Both Cosol and Spencer do excellent tours at only $65-$85US pp including everything - price difference is whether you return by land or sea. If you were choosing between them, I would pick the one that returns by sea - Spencer Ambrose - it's great to see the island from sea - some amazing coastline.

Enjoy your visit either way!

There are lots of reviews singing the praises of Herod, Cosol, Spencer etc. However, we were more than satisfied with the "land and sea" we booked with Carnival, especially the return by catamaran with swimming stop at Anse Cochon. As I think all trips do the land part more or less the same, the only thing to choose is if you want to return by land or sea - I'd go for the sea every time. Herod's lunch at his parents house might be nice for a second visit but I guess this takes up more of your time. The beach at Jalousie does not sound very welcoming whereas Anse Cochon and the trip round Marigot were great fun. Also there is always the comforting thought that the ship will wait for you if you're delayed!

There are lots of reviews singing the praises of Herod, Cosol, Spencer etc. However, we were more than satisfied with the "land and sea" we booked with Carnival, especially the return by catamaran with swimming stop at Anse Cochon. As I think all trips do the land part more or less the same, the only thing to choose is if you want to return by land or sea - I'd go for the sea every time. Herod's lunch at his parents house might be nice for a second visit but I guess this takes up more of your time. The beach at Jalousie does not sound very welcoming whereas Anse Cochon and the trip round Marigot were great fun. Also there is always the comforting thought that the ship will wait for you if you're delayed!

Hi, I was looking at the Carnival land and sea tour also...my concern was on the Carnival website tour review some people said that the catamaran was really crowded and no place to sit...did you find that to be true also?

I don't care for myself but my mom will need a place to sit. Any thoughts are helpful:)

This will be my first vist as well. the land and sea tour you did did you get to swim between the pitons? where all did you go volcano? i want to do the helicopter but now realizing the time to get to the pitons is far that is my concern about getting my own taxi for the day is getting back to the ship on time.

This will be my first vist as well. the land and sea tour you did did you get to swim between the pitons? where all did you go volcano? i want to do the helicopter but now realizing the time to get to the pitons is far that is my concern about getting my own taxi for the day is getting back to the ship on time.

I did the land only on Spencer Ambrose to Jalousie Beach in July and it was one of the beast tours I ever took. Fantastic serive, not too crowded, beautiful landscape, awesome snorkeling, delicious island cusine lunch and all around unforgetable time

:D

We will not be going until next year, but this has been a confusing port for me. For some reason the land/sea tours with the Pitons does not sound very appealing to me - perhaps it is because of the reviews of the beach near the Pitons and the fast speedboat ride I like best the Beach Break with Serenity Tours, but it does not go near the Pitons. Since we have never been to St. Lucia viewing the Pitons is a priority. At lest I have a long time to research.:confused:

We have been to St. Lucia several times. You will fall in love with the island. We used Spenser Ambrose and it was one of the best tours we ever taken. I have attached some of the photos we took while on his Land and Sea tour. Also one of the turtles we swam with in Barbados. Be sure to visit the Monkey Reserve. Hope this helps...feel free to ask any ????

2006_0504vac20090475.jpg.ad6fc39ffe026d8a09072bd576375ec0.jpg

2006_0504vac20090461.jpg.89a27dff83aef3e3823671bbc01c2437.jpg

2006_0504vac20090493.jpg.d6fefb1dcfff655cf43862383ed60013.jpg

2006_0512vac20090078.jpg.ba65dd9a438bf69cc4a2550ba49a0865.jpg

2006_0512vac20090060.jpg.8a4dad4938f99df5b328b0ee01b1098d.jpg

We will not be going until next year, but this has been a confusing port for me. For some reason the land/sea tours with the Pitons does not sound very appealing to me - perhaps it is because of the reviews of the beach near the Pitons and the fast speedboat ride I like best the Beach Break with Serenity Tours, but it does not go near the Pitons. Since we have never been to St. Lucia viewing the Pitons is a priority. At lest I have a long time to research.:confused:

The Pitons are quite a distance from where the ship docks. They are quite spectacular to see. There was quite a bit of time in the bus, and I was fine, but others were bothered by the twisty roads.

I think I remember an option where you went by water both ways?

Seeing the Pitons and swimming at Jalousie Beach are two things we want to do on St. Lucia. We do not want to drive or be herded in a van for the land portion.

Right now, we are looking at either Spencer Ambrose's Jalousie Beach Break, Herod's Island Spendor Coastal Cruise, or Carnival's Snorkel Between the Pitons excursion.

Any recommendations/negatives? Any other tours to the Pitons that are sea-based only? I'd rather book a tour that is already set up, rather than do a private tour. There will be 4 of us. Herod's wants a minimum of 10 people and I don't want to secure spaces if they decide the last minute to cancel because they didn't reach 10 people.

• 2 weeks later...

With regard the Carnival Land and Sea, we didn't find the Catamaran at all crowded - in fact you could sit at the back or in the shade and change places easily. Several people sunbathed on the front. You have to help yourself to the food but later on drinks and snacks were brought round. Also, if your Mom did not want to join in the swimming at Anse Cochon, locals come up to the ship with Coconut etc

True the excursion does not include Jalousie Beach but you get good view of the Pitons during the land part.

Hope this helps. I'm sure you'll enjoy St Lucia.

Ti Kaye day pass...look it up.

Been to St Lucia a few times and this was the best for us.

Day package $75

Includes transfers to and from your hotel/cruise ship

Lunch at the beachside bar & grill

Use of Ti Kaye Resort beach facilities

Snorkel gear for the day

Archived