Oasis/Allure Inside room Question

I know the trick for outside rooms for getting a bed next to far wall. "right is always Right".

But is the trick for getting an inside room with the Bed against the back wall instead the of the side wall. The pictures of the bed being against the back is a better setup IMO. More open space at least visually.

Is "right always Right". Some of the inside rooms are blocked way different then outside rooms. Right now have my sights on Room 8416, but can not tell if the bed is on the back wall.

Also there are rooms like 7400 and 7401 that are by themselves no in the standard block.

Please help.

You know what I can never figure out from the deck plans? How do you know which rooms are in the pair? ( the two doors in the little indent?) when I look at the deck plans, I don't see a way to " pair" the cabins to know which is on the right!:confused:

Connecting cabins (the ones with the arrow that goes between them) will look like the picture above. Pretend you are in the hallway and are about to enter your room. The left hand room on the deck plan would be the left room in the picture above. Does that make sense?

Connecting cabins (the ones with the arrow that goes between them) will look like the picture above. Pretend you are in the hallway and are about to enter your room. The left hand room on the deck plan would be the left room in the picture above. Does that make sense?

Ok, I get it now!:D If the cabins are connecting they will be in the same "indent" and then I can count from there the pairs till I reach the cabin I am wondering about!

Thanks!

This is perfect, with one caveat. What about the rooms in the front middle. Like 7400 it is all by itself. There are a few cabins like this on several decks in the front middle of the ship.

Also what is this about the larger insides were are these located?

Ok, I get it now!:D If the cabins are connecting they will be in the same "indent" and then I can count from there the pairs till I reach the cabin I am wondering about!

Thanks!

That's what I took it to mean too. So from DarthGrady's picture (of rooms 7543 and 7545), 7543 is on the right. I recently booked 7535 which is four cabins down from 7143 and is on the right in its pair. So I'm thinking I should have the bed on the back wall too.

That's what I took it to mean too. So from DarthGrady's picture (of rooms 7543 and 7545), 7543 is on the right. I recently booked 7535 which is four cabins down from 7143 and is on the right in its pair. So I'm thinking I should have the bed on the back wall too.

Your cabin is actually on the left in its pair, and would look like the cabin on the left in the picture that I posted. Your bed would be against the side wall, (bed by closet equivalent to balcony cabins).

I know the trick for outside rooms for getting a bed next to far wall. "right is always Right".

But is the trick for getting an inside room with the Bed against the back wall instead the of the side wall. The pictures of the bed being against the back is a better setup IMO. More open space at least visually.

Is "right always Right". Some of the inside rooms are blocked way different then outside rooms. Right now have my sights on Room 8416, but can not tell if the bed is on the back wall.

Also there are rooms like 7400 and 7401 that are by themselves no in the standard block.

Please help.

Not sure if this helps but we booked room 7405 and I called customer service and they told me the bed is again the far back wall which is what I think you are wanting. Maybe that helps you figure out how 7400 and 7401 are set up.

How do you know which are larger than a "standard" inside? Thanks. :)

We booked the Allure while on the Explorer. The LA suggested it.

<edit> The website shows categories L M N as "Large Interior Stateroom" with space at 172.2 ft.

A regular interior is labeled "Interior Stateroom" and shows 150 ft.

On some sailings there is a large price premium to book L M N.

What confuses me though is that you can book a catQ by itself, not as a guarantee, and it is still listed as less sq footage. Is there really a difference or what?

I am also puzzled. There are other websites, which we can't mention, which show all available inventory, and Q is always listed as a guarantee.

I can't imagine that the Q guarantees are always Q's... Just isn't that many of them... Wouldn't be surprised if most get put into LMN's

Here's some of the rooms we've had probably wont help with your quest but someone else might use it...

10448 - bed by wall

8430 - bed by closet

8432 - bed by wall

8434 - bed by closet

The 10 was on Oasis and the 8th were all Allure

Also, many websites show 8430 & 8432 as being adjoining rooms... They do NOT have a door inside! I think Royal fixed their deck plans when i emailed after we got home from inaugural and they verified it but most sites are still using the original plans with the arrow between the rooms

I have seen cat Q listed as a guarantee, but I think I have also see it listed with the rest of the inside categories

It's not always a guarantee since I booked a Q category and choose the room I wanted for my upcoming Oasis cruise.

What can I say, I'm cheap and figured the ship is so big, if it's true the room is smaller than other insides, I'll just spend more time around the ship ;):D

It's not always a guarantee since I booked a Q category and choose the room I wanted for my upcoming Oasis cruise.

What can I say, I'm cheap and figured the ship is so big, if it's true the room is smaller than other insides, I'll just spend more time around the ship ;):D

Exactly. I don' know how they determine whether or not it's a guarantee or not. Some people can book it and pick their cat Q room, but then sometimes the inside guarantee is listed as Q, and sometimes it is listed as both Q and Z. What I don't understand is if you choose a Cat Q guarantee, do you get a cat Q cabin or does that put you in the pool for any inside category?

Wow, I hope that made sense!

Does anyone actually know if there is actually a size difference between the different categories?

We have cabin 8116 booked on Allure for this February. We wanted a Q (149 sq feet, interior) because it was cheapest and this is what we've been given. I'll let you know how small it is. We last had a balcony on Oasis, so I'm guessing this is going to be a bit of a shock! :o

Exactly. I don' know how they determine whether or not it's a guarantee or not. Some people can book it and pick their cat Q room, but then sometimes the inside guarantee is listed as Q, and sometimes it is listed as both Q and Z. What I don't understand is if you choose a Cat Q guarantee, do you get a cat Q cabin or does that put you in the pool for any inside category?

We did the Q cat guarantee on our Explorer cruise back in May since it was significantly cheaper than booking an inside flat out. We originally were given a Q room that I didn't like the location of so I asked to be put back into the pool and we ended up with a Z room in a much better location (which I then changed to an even better location since it was within the same category we were assigned). I believe other people on my roll call had done the guarantee too and got much better room categories other than insides!

Your cabin is actually on the left in its pair, and would look like the cabin on the left in the picture that I posted. Your bed would be against the side wall, (bed by closet equivalent to balcony cabins).

Hi Will...why do you say that? From Darth's post here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=31306604&postcount=218 he shows his room 8543 which in the photo is on the right. Given the fact that the door to 8543 is on the right, it indicates the hallway is on the exterior of the ship side of that cabin. The next pair of cabins then is 8541 and 8539 followed by 8537 and 8535. Since 8543 has the bed on the back wall, wouldn't it mean that you alternate going towards the forward of the ship? Meaning 8541 has the bed by door, 8539 by back wall, 8537 by door, and 8535 by back wall?? :confused:

Archived