Prague hi lites in 3 days?

Funny, we are doing the same as you. :D We are going to Prague in April for a week and then on the Barcelona for 4 days pre-cruise.

I've done a fair bit of research on Prague and our "must sees" include:

Charles Bridge (Karluv Most)

Old Town Bridge Tower (Karluv Most) want to go up in the tower

Old Town Square (Staromestske namesti)

Old Town Hall & Astronomical Clock (museum in Town Hall)

Prague Castle - (Cathedral of St. Vitus, Old Royal Palace, permanent exhibition "The Story of Prague Castle", St. George's Basilica, Convent of St. George - National Gallery, Golden Lane with Daliborka Tower, Prague Castle Picture Gallery, Powder Tower, Rosenberg Palace)

Sternberg Palace (Šternberský Palác)

Petřín Observation Tower (Lesser Town)

St. Nicholas Church - Lesser Town Square - Mala Strana

Jewish Quarter (Josefov) & museum

Wenceslas Square (Svatováclavské náměstí) - (Vaclavske namesti)

Bedřich Smetana Museum (Muzeum Bedřicha Smetany)

Antonín Dvořák Museum (Muzeum Antonína Dvořáka)

River Cruise (Jazz dinner cruise)

jill

Have ordered a guidebook,but will be in city for 3 days in early June,before river cruise..What are the must sees? any can t miss restaurants?

We are staying in Old town area at Hilton,,any reviews?

Any hints appreciated,,till Rick Steves book arrives,,hahaha..thanks in advance.:)

Hi Alexandra (and Jill :))

I was there for 3 days last April and made this

if it's any help or interest.

Lovely city, you'll have a great time,

Tony

Very nice video, Tony. Thank you!

I really appreciate the incorporation of history into your videos.

I used your SPB video last summer. Do you, perchance, have one of Istanbul?? :D

jill

Thanks for your kind words Jill. I've never been to Istanbul, but will one day - sounds like you will beat me to it :(

I'm way behind with my cruise-port videos, with stuff from last summer's cruise (Rome, Florence, Monte Carlo, Majorca, Barcelona, Carthage and Pompeii/Herculaneum) awaiting 'the treatment'. So far all I've managed is this one of St Peter's Basilica

but I've no more holidays planned so can get on with them now.

Enjoy Prague !

Tony

Cornishpastman1 - I loved your youtube video of Prague. We're visiting for 5 days in May, so that was really useful info. Thanks.

Don't suppose you've done one of Paris?

Thanks for your kind words. Paris ? 'Fraid not - yet. Currently working on a set from Rome and when they are done I'll get on to Florence, Monte Carlo, Barcelona, Majorca, Carthage, and Pompeii/Herculaneum. Perhaps Paris in 2013 :)

Enjoy Prague - how can you not ?

Tony

Hi Alexandra (and Jill :))

I was there for 3 days last April and made this

if it's any help or interest.

Lovely city, you'll have a great time,

Tony

We are going on AmaDolce in May to Prague. Thank you for your wonderful introduction to the city. We will be there for 3 days also. Any other helpful hints or suggestions would be appreciated.

Prague is an absolutely fantastic city!

Google "free walking tour prague" and you should get some very helpful information. The tours are a good introduction to the city and really are free although they do expect a tip.

For an excellent guided tour, contact http://www.trkalova.guide-prague.cz/

We used her and her colleagues for several days of wonderful tours. Can't say enough about how great it was. My ancestors are from Bohemia so this was a wonderful opportunity for me, but I would guess that it's an impressive city even if you don't have a personal connection.

Very nice video, Tony. Thank you!

I really appreciate the incorporation of history into your videos.

I used your SPB video last summer. Do you, perchance, have one of Istanbul?? :D

jill

I don't have a video, but we were there for 2 days on a Med cruise. We used the same guide ( and I have referred him to many ) for the 2 days as well as for Kusadasi port where we went to Ephasus and House of the Virgin Mary . Our guide flew to meet us in Kusadasi after a sea day. He asked for no payment until we finished with him - not even for all the entry fees . If you would like his name I will be glad to provide it. He was just terrific and we walked past lines everywhere and walked into places. At Topkapi he walked up and got us right in - the huge line looked very dismayed. There were 8 in our party travelling together. He was very reasonable and we tipped him generously for our fabulous time in Istanbul and Ephasus.

• 3 months later...

as you mentioned, Prague is an extremely walkable city. All the way from Wenceslas Square down to the Tyan church and the astronomical clock, all the way over to the Chain Bridge and across the river. Easy to do on your own, especially if you have the time to just wander around.

• 2 years later...

Hi- we will be taking AMA overview city tour of Prague one day and then only have one other day to ourselves in Prague. debating whether to venture to Terezin that second day or remain roaming in Prague. Jewish Quarter, Old Town, shopping? Any thoughts how best to use limited time? Thanks in advance.,

Hi- we will be taking AMA overview city tour of Prague one day and then only have one other day to ourselves in Prague. debating whether to venture to Terezin that second day or remain roaming in Prague. Jewish Quarter, Old Town, shopping? Any thoughts how best to use limited time? Thanks in advance.,

Don't know what your AMA overview tour will include but I again visited Prague last June for a week. We made it out to Terezin on this visit - very somber and depressing, as you can imagine. The trip to Terezin will take the better part of your day (to/from and time needed to tour).

There is just so much to see in Prague that, given only 1 day on my own, I would spend the day in the city.

If you are interested in Jewish heritage, Josefov is wonderful - you could spend the better part of a day here. Also, you can visit Sts Cyril and Methodius Church (hiding place for seven Czech parachutists after Heydrich assassination. - The crypt serves now as the National Memorial Of The Heroes of the Heydrich Terror.)

Other sites we enjoyed: The Loreta church, Convent of Saint Agnes of Bohemia, Cathedral of St. Nicholas, Clementinum, Church of Our Lady before Týn, Municipal Hall, Antonín Dvořák Museum, Czech Museum of Music, Bedřich Smetana Museum, Schwarzenberg Palace, Sternberg Palace, Vysehrad fortress, funicular to Petřín Gardens & Observation Tower, Kampa Island and on and on.

Absolutely love Prague! :)

Edited by dogs4fun