No-host mini-bar for easy entertaining

HideoutII

Hello all,

I am new to HAL and will be sailing in a Deluxe Suite. Can someone tell me what "No-host mini-bar for easy entertaining" means?

Is that just the normal mini-bar in a refrig that you use the items that you wish to and they are billed to your account?

Thanks.

Hello all,

I am new to HAL and will be sailing in a Deluxe Suite. Can someone tell me what "No-host mini-bar for easy entertaining" means?

Is that just the normal mini-bar in a refrig that you use the items that you wish to and they are billed to your account?

Thanks.

Yes it is exactly what you describe:)

Welcome to the HAL Boards!!

Joanie

This a list of the items in the "No Host" mini bar.

The prices you see are the old ones. The prices went up on Nov 21. They took away the old price list and never did put a new one in our mini refrigerator.

The "No Host" mini bar consists of:

These are all airline size bottles 1.75 ounces

2 Beefeater Gins - $4.95

1 Johnny Walker Red Lable - $4.95

1 Bicardi Rum - $4.95

1 VSOP Courvoisier - $4.95

1 Smirnoff Vodka - $4.95

1 Vendange Chardonnay - 187 ml - $9

1 Vendange Cabernet - 187 ml - $9

1 split Henkell Champagne - $8.50

1 Red Bull - $3.50

1 Bloody Mix - $2.50

2 regular cokes - $1.95

2 diet cokes - $1.95

1 tonic water - $1.95

1 Club soda - $1.95

1 sprite - $1.95

1 Heineken - $3.75

1 Miller Sharps (non alcoholic) - $3.75

1 Miller Lite - $3.25

2 Perrier water - $2.95

2 one liter bottled water - $2.95

Also, don't forget you can bring on as much wine as you want. There is no charge to drink it in your room, but you pay corkage if you take it to the dining room. ($18/bottle.) They do not allow you to bring your own liquor on-board (although I am sure some people try to smuggle it on.)

Thanks everyone.

I will bring a bottle of champagne and bottle of wine with me on board. Is the liquor by the bottle pricing similar to what you would pay at the store on the ship? Or, maybe we'll just have a drink at a different lounge each night for variety. But, it is nice to know what the options are in advance so I can give it some thought.

Thanks everyone.

I will bring a bottle of champagne and bottle of wine with me on board. Is the liquor by the bottle pricing similar to what you would pay at the store on the ship? Or, maybe we'll just have a drink at a different lounge each night for variety. But, it is nice to know what the options are in advance so I can give it some thought.

It is usually cheaper to bring your wine on board and order your liquor for in room consumption - as to the mini bar - it can be handy if you have guests and need a tonic water or whatever:) but it won't be replenished unless you ask (aka non host mini bar).

Have a great cruise :):):)

You can also order those tiny bottles from room service. Funny story -- on the last night of my Alaska cruise in July, I called room service to order 3 of the mini bottles of vodka. The room service guy thought I wanted 3 litre size bottles and was a bit taken aback that I would be consuming that much in one night. :eek: I clarified what I wanted and we both got a chuckle out of it. :)

Since you are in a Deluxe Suite, you can also get additional mini-bar items from the Neptune Lounge Concierge. This is especially helpful if you are entertaining and need the additional items right away. You will be charged for the items but it is very convenient to run to the Neptune to get re-stocked.

We never use the mini-bar but found ourselves entertaining on our last transatlantic cruise. Some of guests didn't want the "tea" that came with the afternoon tea service. Having the mini-bar, and the ability to re-stock immediately through the Neptune Lounge Concierge, was very convenient.

This is the first I heard about ordering liquor by the litre bottle from room service. Anyone know about the pricing, is it reasonably priced? I'm sure it would be priced at somewhat of a premium, but hopefully it would be in the ballpark.

This is the first I heard about ordering liquor by the litre bottle from room service. Anyone know about the pricing, is it reasonably priced? I'm sure it would be priced at somewhat of a premium, but hopefully it would be in the ballpark.

For Canadians, the pricing is very close to what we pay here. You would find it more expensive. The price listing is in the on board gifts section (beverages) along with the choices. You can order on line or when you are on the ship - whichever suits:)

Since you are in a Deluxe Suite, you can also get additional mini-bar items from the Neptune Lounge Concierge. This is especially helpful if you are entertaining and need the additional items right away. You will be charged for the items but it is very convenient to run to the Neptune to get re-stocked.

We never use the mini-bar but found ourselves entertaining on our last transatlantic cruise. Some of guests didn't want the "tea" that came with the afternoon tea service. Having the mini-bar, and the ability to re-stock immediately through the Neptune Lounge Concierge, was very convenient.

I had no idea about this :eek: Thanks so much. You see, you can teach an old dog no tricks:D

Archived