problem with room

werdisney

we leave in 16 days and we just found out the rooms we are assigned to

do not hold enough people. We have 10 people in our party, 3 in one room, 3 in another room and 4 in a different room. The rooms show only holds MAX 2 !!! We have contacted our travel agent to find out what is going to happen. We have 3 interior rooms booked right now. Has anyone had this problem and what was done about it. Thanks for any info.

do not hold enough people. We have 10 people in our party, 3 in one room, 3 in another room and 4 in a different room. The rooms show only holds MAX 2 !!! We have contacted our travel agent to find out what is going to happen. We have 3 interior rooms booked right now. Has anyone had this problem and what was done about it. Thanks for any info.

What ship/ what cabins?

I dug out your two other posts and dont see the ship name. Without giving us any information no one can really do anything but GUESS.

Im guessing .. you are booked on a older ship and will get a rollaway or trundle. You could check the deckplans to see though. or if you give us the cabin #'s someone here could look them up under cabin descriptions. Nothing needs to be done, as they would not give you a cabin with fewer beds than pax.

We just heard from our travel agent. He called Carnival and 2 of the rooms that sleep 2 max they will bring in a roll away bed. The people sleeping on a roll away bed are a 21 year old boy and a 25 year old sister.

If they want to sleep late, then the bed does not get moved in the mornings. we are not real happy with this situation.

this is a family trip for 2 cousins who are turning 21.

If you booked at a guarantee rate this could happen. Did your TA not inform you of this? If you book specific cabins your TA should have told you about the bed situation. Could be worse, could have found out onboard.

A solution would be to put all the late sleepers in one cabin.

Look at the bright side, how much time will you be spending in your cabin?

Oh, my. I use the same rationale for not booking a balcony room. If push came to shove, I could take a beach towel on deck and sleep on a chair (providing there aren't any oranges or books on all of them). It is tough, tho, when my main activity in the room is sleeping, and there's no bed...

We just heard from our travel agent. He called Carnival and 2 of the rooms that sleep 2 max they will bring in a roll away bed. The people sleeping on a roll away bed are a 21 year old boy and a 25 year old sister.

If they want to sleep late, then the bed does not get moved in the mornings. we are not real happy with this situation.

I'm sure you aren't happy with the situation. Roll aways can be uncomfortable - and in the way in a small cabin.

Keep in mind it is the TA that booked you - that is who you should be unhappy with. Any good TA would have informed you of the specific arrangments upon booking.

If this is a make or break thing you might want to consider moving to cabins that will properly accomodate everyone in your party.

All the best:).

What's the situation with the cabin that will have 4 in it?

I've never heard of 2 rollaways in one cabin.:confused:

I guess anythings possible.

Bill

Having cabins all together is not really necessary. You are not going to be hanging in the room all together-- there just will not be enough room.

I would look to see if there is any rooms that hold your people and pay the difference to upgrade.

Especially in the cabin with 4 people. That roll away just takes up way too much space for that amount of people.

Is this the first cruise?

Was your TA aware of the accomodations required for everyone at the time you booked the cruise? Although it may be too late, ask your TA to contact Carnival and see if there's any chance of switching to some cabins with more beds.

This seems fishy. You have 10 adults and booked 3 rooms? I would have booked 4 rooms and have selected the rooms. I am guessing cheap as possible was your goal and you booked a guarantee. This may be an instance where you are getting what you paid for. When you book a guarantee, you are guaranteed a room within the category it guarantees. It does not ensure 4 birth rooms. At this point, the only two things you can do is see if your TA can do anything or pay for an upgrade. This is not a carnival thing though. Booking a guarantee can be risky on any cruise line.

6433 is available and it has 4 beds

8378 is available and it has 4 beds

8283 is available and it too has 4 beds.

these are inside cabins

these are the only 3 cabins with 4 beds that are still available.

If you want to move I suggest you do it quickly

there are no more oceanview cabins left

there are inside obstructed cabins for three people- 1001 and 1002 (deck 10

Not to hijack this thread or anything, but on our recent cruise we met a couple who were very angry that they were in an obstructed balcony cabin right down from us. We knowingly booked an obstructed, but we were able to see the ocean because we were between the lifeboats (did the research of the cabins before booking). They had no view because they were in the middle of the big lifeboats. Anyway, after speaking with them, they booked through a travel agent in a guarantee cabin and did not understand why it was not Carnival's fault for giving them that cabin. It was rather the TA's fault and the fact that they didn't impress upon their TA that they wanted a balcony without an obstruction. (they also paid more than we did, by the way).

I like control of any of my travels, so I do everything myself, so if it gets screwed up, the only person to blame will be me.

All is fine now.

Yes we booked this thru a TA. We normally cruise with Disney using our Disney Vacation Points. This was put together as a suprise for 2 cousins who are turning 21 this weekend. We didnt know to ask for a guaranteed room or take what was assigned. I guess we will know next time,if we cruise with Carnival again.

The young people sleeping on the roll away bed are ok, like everyone said we will not be in the room that much.

Thanks for all the input.

We are ready to sail.....

We just heard from our travel agent. He called Carnival and 2 of the rooms that sleep 2 max they will bring in a roll away bed...we are not real happy with this situation.

And this is why I don't book through a TA when sailing on Carnival. :rolleyes:

This TA wasn't competent or knowledgeable enough to explain IN ADVANCE how Guarantee rooms work, or that the Triumph uses rollaway cots.

Not to hijack this thread or anything, but on our recent cruise we met a couple who were very angry that they were in an obstructed balcony cabin right down from us. We knowingly booked an obstructed, but we were able to see the ocean because we were between the lifeboats (did the research of the cabins before booking). They had no view because they were in the middle of the big lifeboats. Anyway, after speaking with them, they booked through a travel agent in a guarantee cabin and did not understand why it was not Carnival's fault for giving them that cabin. It was rather the TA's fault and the fact that they didn't impress upon their TA that they wanted a balcony without an obstruction. (they also paid more than we did, by the way).

I like control of any of my travels, so I do everything myself, so if it gets screwed up, the only person to blame will be me.

It usually works out best if you can make your own arrangements. You know what you're getting, and there are few (if any) unwanted surprises. It takes a really good, experienced travel agent to listen to what someone wants, and then do everything he/she possibly can to make the client(s) happy. After all, a happy client means a repeat customer.

Archived