New Year and new weight loss goals: SPRING CRUISE

Realblonde474

Going to switch it up. Got some advice from a fitness guru friend of mine. Heavier weight and strength training 3 x a week with reps up to 100 yes 100:eek: Then 3 x a week do a cardio/interval full body strength like I am doing now with Jillian just a longer version maybe 2 workouts. Then rest one day. 80 grams of protein needed with the strength training as not to lose muscle. Hope this works going to get some heavier weights this weekend. Right now I use 8 and 10lb.So we will see how this goes. She also thinks my calories might be too low but I am not hungry so I hesitate to mess around with that too much.:confused:

Happy Friday all and stay strong this weekend!!

Nope never too late too join!!! Welcome to the nut house!!!! Lol (just joking) We're crusing in April as well(with our girls) and its not too far away, thats for sure> I work out at home as well Either using my Elipit or my Dvd's or the videos's on Demand (although lately there is no Exercise tv on demand and have no clue why). As much as it sounds nice to go to the gym and get out of the house, the other day when it was snowing here, I just rolled out of bed , changed up and worked out!!! No car to warm up, or clean off!! And Costs nothing!!! Would rather put that money towards vacation!!!

Funny you should say that - I have a sign on my front door that says Welcome to the nut house! We have three girls (8, 5, 3) and it's always crazy here.

Do you have Directv? We do and I, too, noticed that there aren't as many videos as there used to be. Kind of disappointing. Might have to go to the library to find some good workouts.

Keep up the good work ladies!

PS Just noticed you cruised on the Dream last year. Going to check out your review right now!

Funny you should say that - I have a sign on my front door that says Welcome to the nut house! We have three girls (8, 5, 3) and it's always crazy here.

Do you have Directv? We do and I, too, noticed that there aren't as many videos as there used to be. Kind of disappointing. Might have to go to the library to find some good workouts.

Keep up the good work ladies!

PS Just noticed you cruised on the Dream last year. Going to check out your review right now!

LOL and I just replied before reading this post!! Funny about the nuthouse sign because I have one as well! Ah, with two girls (11 and 8) it is a nut house ! I guess from what I read exercise tv on demad did away with their contract which stinks!! But the website HULU, has lots of different tv programs and many exercise videos(some have commercials) but there is a god amount.

Oh and the Dream, was so great!!

Going to switch it up. Got some advice from a fitness guru friend of mine. Heavier weight and strength training 3 x a week with reps up to 100 yes 100:eek: Then 3 x a week do a cardio/interval full body strength like I am doing now with Jillian just a longer version maybe 2 workouts. Then rest one day. 80 grams of protein needed with the strength training as not to lose muscle. Hope this works going to get some heavier weights this weekend. Right now I use 8 and 10lb.So we will see how this goes. She also thinks my calories might be too low but I am not hungry so I hesitate to mess around with that too much.:confused:

Happy Friday all and stay strong this weekend!!

Dear lord 100 reps? That sounds like a bit much , the three times a week I can see but 100 reps.....all I can say is OUCH! And I love working with weights but I would like to be able to move the next day! (its bad enough some days as the day goes on i'm like "oh yeah I guess I can tell I worked my Butt today"!

Ooh BTW 2 lbs down this week!!! Woohoo!! getting there!

Great job joly and mama. Any weight lost is not any weight gained. I am trying to eat more toward my calories this week to take into account my exercise so will see what Tuesday weigh in holds for me. I tried Zumba on Thursday and not sure if I am sold on it. Maybe if I knew the moves better - I was going to go on Saturday when they said that they work more on the moves and it is a little slower but I have been sick all weekend so didn't make it. May give it one more try before I decide to just stick to my treadmill.

Started my new workout routine yesterday with intense arm workout and I am SORE! Yeah, that is what I wanted. Was going to do Jillian and some cardio today but may need to just do longer cardio because I don't think my ams could take it. Tomorrow I am going to kill my legs so might not be walking well the following day.

I am finally starting to SEE a difference in my body,so even though the numbers aren't big, I can at least tell something is happening:)

Have a great week remember everyday counts!

Well Saturdays are my workout day off so was back in the "zone" Sunday..And today did Bikini Boot Camp with Jeanette Jenkins lots of cardio and weights!!....Oh love her (well I can say that now cause I already worked out) But you sweat like a nut!! Which I love!! But here goes to another (hopefully) Great week!

72 more days.....Ah getting there

Too late to join??? I officially started my weight loss journey Jan 1st and have only lost about 6lbs(which was mostly just what I put on in December). I found out Jan 17th that m thyroid has been low since last September(had bloodwork done one day, then missed my appointment due to a sick child and I JUST got my results Jan 17th. My dr is VERY proactive and put me on a pretty high dose of thyroid meds to try to give me a boost. I had kind of an off week last week but am back on track as of this morning. We leave in 75 days and while I'd LOOOOOVE to take off 30-35, I don't feel that is very realistic so I'm going to aim for 20 and go from there. I know how to lose....for me it's just more keeping it off. 2 years ago, I was 5lbs from goal weight and size...my size 8's were lose but not quite in 6's. I'm back in 12/14's & miserble!

Thanks for checking in with us! I am with you on the miserable part but remember as someone posted earlier "Every day counts and is a new day".

While my scale is still something that I want to hurl out the window everyday, by moving and sweatin each day (however and where ever you chose to do it)..you will feel better and your clothes will fit much better as well.

Thanks for joining our "party".

Donna

I agree. Keep an eye on how your clothes are fitting and ignore that pesky scale, lol. Remember, muscle weighs more than fat! :-)

Realblonde, I like your saying, "Every day counts and is a new day"!

For those of us who like our wine I found this calorie info for a 5 oz glass.

Zinfandel: 129

Sangiovese: 126

Burgundy: 125

Petite Sirah: 125

Cabernet Sauvignon: 122

Merlot: 122

Pinot Noir: 121

Pinot Grigio: 122

Semillon: 121

Pinot Blanc: 119

Sauvignon Blanc: 119

Riesling: 118

Chenin Blanc: 118

In comparison, a 2" square brownie is 243 calories. I'm not feeling so guilty about my small glass at dinner anymore! :)

In comparison, a 2" square brownie is 243 calories. I'm not feeling so guilty about my small glass at dinner anymore! :)

Oh I love that!! Thanks for putting that up! I so love my wine,especially my two pinots!!! And I love the fact on how good red wine is for you, read the other day it actually helps aid in boosting your metabolism....I guess if you had the whole bottle then it would be a prob:D

WOW ~ This is TOTALLY MY kind of group! ;)

Yesterday was a good day! Making today great! :p

3 weeks from right about now I will be heading out for vacation. Trip to Florida with a short 3 night cruse to Bahamas. I have 3 weeks to get back in my summer clothes. Not trying them on until weekend before we leave d then if need be a shopping trip may be in order but I am staying positive that I can do this. Working hard:) Wish I was going on a longer cruise but I will take what I can get.

Wish I was leaving in 3 weeks. I don't know I'd adjusting my eating worked or it just caught up to me but lost 3.4 pounds this week yeah. Was more proud of myself for eating my Subway sandwich at our work pitch-in today as there was some great looking food there!

Hope everyone has a good week!

Hi ladies!!! Well today was one of those days....Exercised great was feeling pretty good then I had not 1 , not 2 but 5 yes 5 pieces of freakin licorice!!!! Well this all stemmed from me getting frustrated , I am way too hard on myself as my hubby would say...Thats where that perfectionist comes in(so not a good quality!) But I just wish the body would jump back into place like it use to, say like when you were a teenager!! I guess also having (2) kids does that to you too!!! LOL I guess I really can't complain, just had a morning when I looked into the mirror and was like "ugh!"

NO PATIENCE!!!!! LOL

I want instant results !!!!!! Just like everyone else!!!! Ok I feel better now!!!

Good job lady d especially resisting the tempting food. I do better when I plan exactly what I will eat for the day. I work from home so it would be easy to continually munch.

I think I may be down another pound it has shown on the scale now 2 days in a row. :)

Don't worry so much when you slip a little, it's when you continue the pattern. I'm sure you can work off the licorice really easily. I understand the patience thing and wanting your teenage body. 4 kids have done a number on me, although I don't have a lo of weight to lose when I lose it and am athletically fit, I still don't really like how I look. I have been working my butt off since Jan 2nd and just starting to notice a difference. My hubby however lost 5 lbs this past week. I haven't even lost that all month:eek: He doesn't even exercise and munches all evening.

Thanks Mamaparr!!

To be honest I don't really have much to lose prob good 5 lbs , Its just getting the body ready for shorts and a bathing suit :eek:!

I think as women we are so critical of ourselves!!! Men , they are just on different planet all together!! Does make me want to choke them beacuse how easy if they try, can lose weight!!! My hubby (who could use to lose ,and I mean that because I love the man to death and for health reasons, has absolutly no desire to exercise) but they have to want to!! But when they do, yeah they are from mars!!!

Ok here's to another day!!! OOH happy February!!:)

First, while I am so happy (you don't know how much all of this helps me)...we MUST remember not to be hard on ourselves..:mad:

The only thing negative thinking does for us is SLOW DOWN our weight loss and fitness journey. I struggle with this each day.

Celebrate each loss and the recovery/improvement from our fitness AND then learn from each little "side step".

For example, I love my wine (I wish those calories from the list above for by the bottle not the glass)

SO I try very HARD to limit myself to only one glass each night...and if I should slip (for example too much bread for lunch yesterday) I add more cardio at the gym before my kick boxing class. Of course, I am very sore but all is good today with the scale.

We ARE making progress!

Many, many hugs to all of you!

Donna

Edited by Realblonde474