New Year and new weight loss goals: SPRING CRUISE

Realblonde474

I want to join in, I have a few months to lose 20 pounds.:cool: It takes me a long time to lose, my body doesn't like to give up any pounds. I started in January when I booked my cruise and I have only lost 4 pounds so far.:confused: I am not discouraged I know my body. I log my food and exercise in Calorie King daily. My friend and her husband are joining me and my husband on the cruise. She is tiny and blonde and looks great, we went out for dinner recently and she really gave me grief for starting a diet already.:eek: Like I said it takes my body forever to shed pounds. I'm on this site daily sounds like this will be much more helpful than my cruising pal.:)

I want to join in, I have a few months to lose 20 pounds.:cool: It takes me a long time to lose, my body doesn't like to give up any pounds. I started in January when I booked my cruise and I have only lost 4 pounds so far.:confused: I am not discouraged I know my body. I log my food and exercise in Calorie King daily. My friend and her husband are joining me and my husband on the cruise. She is tiny and blonde and looks great, we went out for dinner recently and she really gave me grief for starting a diet already.:eek: Like I said it takes my body forever to shed pounds. I'm on this site daily sounds like this will be much more helpful than my cruising pal.:)

Welcome to our litlle nuthouse!!! I gotta say we are a great support group here!! You know everyone is different when trying to lose weight, age, metabolism(lovely I know) medication , life just in general, we're all different at how we lose weight.. But that fact that your trying is such a great step in the right direction!! Remember that!

Welcome Hula. I hope that you find the support and inspiration and at times venting needs here;) Like i do.

Down A Pound!!!! another yes I said another. I never say it is true until it is consistent. So this must be the time frame it takes for me to see the benefits of hard work. (1 month) Better late than never. Hubby is noticing too:)

Today is another killer arm workout and I am still sore from Sunday's arm routine, just a little. I am liking this new weekly workout routine, changes things up. Maybe that is why losing??

I will hopefully be getting the rest of my tax prep done this am so I can meet with CPA at 1 so it will be an extremely stressful day. We own our own business and i am not ready!!! Made appt so I would be prompted to finish them, but the kids having the stomach flu and life has slowed me down...Wish me luck!

To MamaParr...you don't need luck you need coffee :) have a great day!

And to all of our newbies..WELCOME to the Party!

I did BodyPump last night and while my hair looks terrible today (my arms and upper back are too sore to style my blonde locks) I know my butt is a gettin' better SO it doesn't matter!!! (just kidding, want to get a giggle)

Have a fantastic day everyone!

:D:D:D

Donna

Donna,

My arms sore too despite just having done my workout, I shudder to think what they will feel like tomorrow.

Glad I got a workout in despite being overwhelmed with paper work and need to leave in a bit to tax appt. Taking a break while I drink my protein shake(aka Lunch) and surfing cruise critic. Dreaming of vacation.

My Butt is not getting smaller but even at my smallest it is thne biggest part of me :p

Donna,

My arms sore too despite just having done my workout, I shudder to think what they will feel like tomorrow.

Glad I got a workout in despite being overwhelmed with paper work and need to leave in a bit to tax appt. Taking a break while I drink my protein shake(aka Lunch) and surfing cruise critic. Dreaming of vacation.

My Butt is not getting smaller but even at my smallest it is thne biggest part of me :p

Hay, us ladies that have some (god I hate saying this cuz it sound just wrong) junk in the trunk, should be glad, better than having a non existant flat ass!!!!!!! Sorry I could not resist!! LOL believe me I get it when everthing else goes the butt is still there, but thats ok, some people pay big bucks for a butt!

I could wear that HOLY GRAIL beaded dress hanging in my closet and then I would BUY new shoes to wear with it ! ! !

It is so frustrating because my arms now stop waving when I stop waving them, all my back boobs are gone, and for 48 my legs look good in hose BUT my darn butt is still there!!!!

I would offer y'all some cheese to go with that whine but I don't want to waste the calories :p:p:p:p

Donna

Edited by Realblonde474

Ordered a new swimsuit for the cruise I hope looking at how cute it is reminds me to stay on track. :) I don't have the butt problem but I have huge thighs and I hate running. I like the elliptical machine and that really helps the arms, I work in shipping so that helps also. :cool: Just got to work on the thighs.

Well the scale decided that it did'nt want to move today, no matter how many times I got on and off, it just stayed the same ..Well I guess its betterthan going up, and let me tell you I worked my butt off!!! Oh well, I feel tighter if tha makes any sence!! This weekend should be , well interesting with Superbowl parties and such (food wise that is)!! Well hope all is good with you ladies!

oh and GO PATS!!!!

I thought I was the only person who did the scale dance? :eek: You know where you get off and on it about 3 times and then check the calibration?

And yes, I get the tighter feeling too! Isn't it great! LOL...:)

Thank goodness, we are not into football so I won't worry about the party food temptation. My kids are with their father this weekend so I can go to the gym after work and stay there UNTIL I am ready to leave NOT when my three teens need me!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!!!

Donna

Went over my calories yesterday with snacking, but not too bad I guess but did make me work harder on the treadmill. I am back in school and I think the stress is getting to me, I hate this semester (can't let my son hear me say that :)) but keep thinking that 7 weeks from tomorrow I will be heading to New Orleans to begin our cruise.

I have to brag on my son for a minute. He is 18 and has been diagnosed with high blood pressure and has had to start taking medications. Unfortunately he has a strong family history on both sides (pretty much everyone but me). He has fought his weight for a while but I think the cardiologist that we saw finally got to him. He started watching his calories and salt and exercising and has lost 32 pounds in 10 weeks. It is hard at that age when you work at Pizza Hut and your friends all want to eat at Taco Bell but he has done it. He is at his goal that he set for himself for our March cruise and still has 7 weeks left. He says he feels a 100% better probably due to the weight and his blood pressure being in the normal range.

Have a good weekend and I am going to try to watch the food at the Superbowl parties......it is so sad that the superbowl is in Indy and the Colts aren't there and New England is :(. Go Giants!!

Good for your Son LadyD that is something you should brag about and he should be very proud of. What an accomplishment:)

I am unsure how my weekend will be think I have the stomach bug my girls had. Could only manage to drink 1 cup of coffee and eat really light today my stomach is on the verge nothing happened yet but don;t feel well. I am feeling guilty I didn't get a workout in. I did however manage to go roller skating with my kids school, so I moved a little bit today. I could go workout now but am a little afraid with the few calories I ate today...so we are calling this my off day and hope tomorrow I don't feel worse

Edited by Mamaparr

Good job on your sons weight loss :) :) Your right about the Taco Bell not to speak of the stress of being a teenager. We don't have Super Bowl to worry about but we have birthday dinners stressing our waist lines this weekend. My daughter talked me into trying Zumba last night :p wow what a fun work out, we only did the tutorial to learn the steps, I told her only 10 or so more times doing the tutorial and I might have it. :rolleyes: hopefully!

No worries ladyD Start today new and keep going. Don't let a slip deter you from your goal. I ate Olive garden yesterday, did Jillian before we went and ran 4 miles after. So today amp up your workout and eat healthy and you will see results we all have those days or weekends :)

God do we ever!!! Its so hard to eat "perfect " all the time every day , We're human!!! But get right back on track again today !!! Yesterday I did'nt do as bad as I could have, I mean I made a freaking cake and did'nt have one lick of that dam thing!!! Not even off my fingers as I frosted it!!

But Had a good workout in the morning and did resist all the picky stuff!

Today starting Slim in 6 program, did it last yr before my cruise and had really good results..I just get bored sooooo easily and quickly!

Happy Monday ladies!

I hear ya Sandra, my knees and back need a little break.

Joly what is slim in 6??

Its a Cross training system by Beach Body..If you go on the Beach body site you'll see it..I found it at a yard sale last yr the whole system for $5.00!! Which on tv sells for $70..

I like it (wel thats day 1, talk to me in week 3 and I'll be complaining!! LOL

Weights and cardio all in one, there are quite a few different disc's..Basically every 2 weeks you mix it up doing the different DVD's(one every 2 weeks)..

Well back on track today, but may take me a few days (optimistic) to undo the damage although I probably didn't do as bad as I think I did. I swear I am holding onto water this past week.

These people are killing me at work - cookies cakes for a birthday today and boy do I really like cookie cake. Somehow two pieces ended up in front of me but I didn't even touch them so my willpower may be back!

Joly, you can come and complain to us if you want.

LOL!! I love you ladies!!! Oh and the cake I made for my mother in law for her bday on Sunday(which was at her house and I felt real proud I had none), hubby went over there yesterday to book some excursions and he came home with cake!!!! I could just choke him cause as we speak that lovely looking piece of happiness is on my counter as we speak!!!