Carnival Conquest

tiffy0428

I am thinking of planning our next cruise out of NO on the Conquest, but I am like the orignal poster, sounds like its really bad...not too many good reviews out there about the Conquest. I have been on the Holiday,Fantasy,Elation.....never a LARGE ship so I was getting excited about booking this ship...but now....not so much!!

Is it really that bad???

We did the last 7 day cruise on the Conquest out of Galveston and were very pleased. Everyone noted the difference in the new menu. I wasn't thrilled with it but there was always something enticing on the menu.

The entertainment was great, the service was as good as always and the ship was still in great condition.

I've sailed on her seven times and have never encountered problems like the OP mentioned. I'm certainly not saying that it couldn't happen but I've never seen it.

We'll be back on the Conquest Sept 30 of this year for the itinerary that includes Roatan and Belize... really looking forward to it.

:)

We sail on the Conquest in 45 days. We've read negative reviews about every ship we've sailed on and always ended up having a very enjoyable cruise. We just always keep an open mind and never sweat the small stuff. Conquest is the oldest ship in its class, but it does have the 2.0 upgrades, so it can't be all bad. We can't wait.

We sail on the Conquest in 45 days. We've read negative reviews about every ship we've sailed on and always ended up having a very enjoyable cruise. We just always keep an open mind and never sweat the small stuff. Conquest is the oldest ship in its class, but it does have the 2.0 upgrades, so it can't be all bad. We can't wait.

The Conquest will actually be getting the 2.0 upgrades in October of this year during her drydock...

http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx?icid=CC_Header_466#q-1012258

:)

I don't think she has the 2.0 upgrades - yet. Was on the first cruise out of New Orleans in November. Embarkation was a nightmare on a couple of fronts. First, the ship was late getting into port, which caused a gridlock in the terminal. Secondly, the ship's computers were down. So, once inside the terminal, the staff had to take credit card information by HAND! To say the process was slow is being generous, but certainly nothing that you can expect to reoccur.

However, once on board, I can't think of a lot to complain about. Rooms were immediately available, but lunch was pretty much over on Lido. It didn't bother us much because we had early dining and would be eating well very soon. We all found most of the food served in the MDR quite good. I ate there every night, every morning for breakfast, and almost every day for lunch on sea days. What can I say? I enjoy the experience of having a wait staff cater to me instead of waiting in long lines for something to eat. Our evening wait staff were wonderful - thanx Melanie! Like others have noted, if you didn't like something, they are more than willing to replace it with another choice. Considering the number of people they are serving at any given time in the MDR, I think they do a fantastic job and should be commended for their efforts. No, the food isn't five star, because its not individually prepared. However, its good and there are numerous choices to suit just about any taste. I can't understand how so many can complain! I am from New Orleans where the best food on the planet is readily available, especially seafood, and I thoroughly enjoyed my meals on the Conquest, except that the fish & chips place is more like a Long John Silvers and not too appealing to those of us who are used to the best. However, those from other areas of the country who don't enjoy a readily available supply of fresh seafood seemed to enjoy it very much. So, its all about your individual taste and finding your food groove!

My room steward (Ken) was also great. I met him almost immediately, but rarely saw him. He did, however keep the room clean and the ice bucket full. I had a towel animal every night!

The ship can use a facelift, which she'll be getting soon. But, she is beautiful nonetheless. The artwork is appealing and the ship is clean. Staff throughout the ship were attentive, friendly, and constantly cleaning. What more can you ask of them?

The shows are a little worn, but the magician was quite good, as were the comedy acts. The best thing, IMO, the ship has going for her is Kim, the karaoke guy! He is a master at his job, is very entertaining, and also quite talented in his own right. I'm not really into karaoke, but Kim made me an instant fan and I couldn't get enough! Don't miss him if he's still on when you go.

Your attitude is up to you, but having a good one puts you step closer to an enjoyable and successful cruise. Enjoy!

I hope its not a big dissapointment then that it does not have the 2.0 upgrades yet. opps.

I see nothing wrong with Conquest, but I have a strong enough opinion and trust my own judgement more than someone who had a one off experience and letting that affect my booking. Makes zero sense to me that people would actually book another ship ... on Carnival?? Like Carnival is not a standarized product.

If all of the reviews have been bad, then no wonder I don't read them. It would just reinforce my opinion that more and more consumers these days are chronic complainers.

We had a great time on our Nov 13th, 2011 Carnival Conquest sailing.

Lots of pictures and info here:

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalConquest2011/index.htm

We are leaving on 1/15, our 3rd time on the Conquest, Will let everyone know when we get back, but I expect to have a great time considering our past experiences with her. I'm sure everything will not be perfect, but as far as the negative comments, I take that with a grain of salt. After working with the public in my job, I found that a lot of people will complain at the smallest thing, but very seldom do you have anyone tell you about the positive things. Go with an open mind and have a great time.

I could careless about other opinion of the ship. I am so excited about cruising her next week! I will book her in 2013 to see the 2.0 upgrades and the NOLA embarkment port.

me too. reading that review of conquest and why someone says they will never do it again. starting off with the tv, didnt have some kind of connection .. big deal. A couple of tv stations did not work well a couple of days . and so on. The only legit complaint is they say hairs from down under (Im wondering how do you know it wasnt a short curly haired person?). rest is garbage to me.

I hope its not a big dissapointment then that it does not have the 2.0 upgrades yet. opps.

Oops, my bad. My son was telling me last night he thought it had the 2.0 upgrades. Doesn't matter. At least I won't be at work. ;)

We booked this before knowing about the Funship 2.0, so we're still looking forward to it. Besides, our son isn't going! :p:D

me too. reading that review of conquest and why someone says they will never do it again. starting off with the tv, didnt have some kind of connection .. big deal. A couple of tv stations did not work well a couple of days . and so on. The only legit complaint is they say hairs from down under (Im wondering how do you know it wasnt a short curly haired person?). rest is garbage to me.

I didn't know Australians had hair much different than ours anyway! Gooday, mate!!! :D:D:D

There is about 20 of u going , and a lot of the negative things that are posted are things that don't concern me like tv, entertainment etc, because with 20 of us we will never be bored. I just don't understand why so much negative things towards her. I love carnival and and i am sure no cruise line is perfect but ppl complain about the stupidest things man .

Archived