Owner's Suite vs Aqua Theater Suite

I am traveling on the Allure in May of this year. Im traveling in a family group of 12 to 14 people but 3 people, including myself, will be in my cabin.

We booked a Owner's Suite since it has such a large living room, so we can have the group over our room sometimes plus the bathroom is quite nice but we recently are deciding if we want to upgrade to a AquaTheater Suite.

Is it worth it?

My experience in a ATS on the Oasis, The cabin is GREAT!! The balcony is FABULOUS!!! But you are the only suite at the end of the ship, you don't get the same upgraded service really that you would expect for the money paid. At least that was MY experience. We had other issues as well so I will say this, I would book the ATS again knowing I wouldn't get real "suite" service. I love the space and the balcony. If you want service look into a loft suite or the owners suite , anywhere that has more than one suite off by itself. If you want space then the ATS will be perfect!

I have stayed in both the ATS on Oasis & an OS on Allure. I think they are both very nice, but different suites, each serving a different purpose. By far the balcony in the ATS and the view are spectacular. The balcony in the OS is quite nice, large and had a table with 4 chairs, 2 lounge chairs and side tables. The ATS would have 2 bathrooms, though both small, compared to one large in the OS. We were very happy with both cabins. You couldn't make a bad choice. Good luck!

This would be a personal decision for you to make. If you have any specific questions, I would be happy to answer.

The OS can sleep five, if one passenger is under 4. If you have five over the age it can not fit. There are some OS that connect to balcony room. The OS is the way to go due to more privacy and more luxurious. The ats suite is nice but much louder and not private balcony. Also being on the back of any ship during rougher surf u will fell more motion. It's also nice being close to concierge lounge Just my 2 cents,hope it's helpful.:)

If you can I would book the ATS. In the Owner's suite you won't each have your own bed as someone would have to sleep on the sofa bed. In the ATS everyone would have their own bed. Also if you plan on having your entire group in your room you would have much more room in the ATS. Plus you can watch the aqua show right from your very large balcony. All 14 of you would be comfortable on the ATS balcony to watch the show or just hang out.:)

If you can I would book the ATS. In the Owner's suite you won't each have your own bed as someone would have to sleep on the sofa bed. In the ATS everyone would have their own bed. Also if you plan on having your entire group in your room you would have much more room in the ATS. Plus you can watch the aqua show right from your very large balcony. All 14 of you would be comfortable on the ATS balcony to watch the show or just hang out.:)

Do you know anything abot how i keep hearing how the actual ATS cabin is much less luxurious then the OS?

The OS can sleep five, if one passenger is under 4. If you have five over the age it can not fit.

Is that something new? I have shared an OS and a GS in the past (not on Allure) with DH and 3 kids, and they were all 8 and older, or more, at the time. 2 on the sofabed and 1 on a rollaway cot.

I am traveling on the Allure in May of this year. Im traveling in a family group of 12 to 14 people but 3 people, including myself, will be in my cabin.

We booked a Owner's Suite since it has such a large living room, so we can have the group over our room sometimes plus the bathroom is quite nice but we recently are deciding if we want to upgrade to a AquaTheater Suite.

Is it worth it?

With 4 of you in the cabin and being with a large group I would go for the ATS for sure. You will have 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms....the OS while very nice doesn't offer much privacy for over 2 people. You will much more enjoy all the group coming over and spending time on the ATS balcony.

My experience in a ATS on the Oasis, The cabin is GREAT!! The balcony is FABULOUS!!! But you are the only suite at the end of the ship, you don't get the same upgraded service really that you would expect for the money paid. At least that was MY experience. We had other issues as well so I will say this, I would book the ATS again knowing I wouldn't get real "suite" service. I love the space and the balcony. If you want service look into a loft suite or the owners suite , anywhere that has more than one suite off by itself. If you want space then the ATS will be perfect!

You don't book suites on Royal for the service, you book them for the space....basically in any suite on Royal you are going to have the same exact service as if you were a standard cabin...it's the same attendants....yes, you will have more perks....but as far as room attendant service...they are the same. Suites on Royal don't have butlers...that is the only way the service itself would be different. I have stayed from interiors all the way up to the Royal Suite and never noticed much difference with the cabin attendants service.

The OS can sleep five, if one passenger is under 4. If you have five over the age it can not fit. There are some OS that connect to balcony room. The OS is the way to go due to more privacy and more luxurious. The ats suite is nice but much louder and not private balcony. Also being on the back of any ship during rougher surf u will fell more motion. It's also nice being close to concierge lounge Just my 2 cents,hope it's helpful.:)

GS and OS can fit 5 no matter the age.

Bahathree not to hijack the thread but since you have stayed in all. What besides size is the difference between GS and OS?

An OS on Oasis/Allure will have a dining table for 4 in the cabin...the bedroom portion also closes off much better for privacy from the LR...there are 2 TV's...the bathroom in the OS has a shower stall and separate tub...in the GS it's a combo....much more closet space and extended balcony.

Do you know anything abot how i keep hearing how the actual ATS cabin is much less luxurious then the OS?

I have photos of the ATS so let me see if I can find them and I will post them. The bathroom is nice in the OS but other than that the ATS is better. The balcony of the ATS is more than 3 times the size of the OS balcony plus you get an extra bathroom with the ATS. IMO.... the OS is not meant for more than 2 adults as there is only 1 large bed for a couple and a sofa bed. The ATS has beds for all 3 people and gives you all more privacy.

I have photos of the ATS so let me see if I can find them and I will post them. The bathroom is nice in the OS but other than that the ATS is better. The balcony of the ATS is more than 3 times the size of the OS balcony plus you get an extra bathroom with the ATS. IMO.... the OS is not meant for more than 2 adults as there is only 1 large bed for a couple and a sofa bed. The ATS has beds for all 3 people and gives you all more privacy.

Well thank you. I sure appreciate that.

Baja three, AGAIN! My stay in the ATS was NOT my first stay in a suite so I am well aware of the service to expect in a suite. I was pointing out that you will pay a very high price to stay in one, and yes the SERVICE I received in other less costly suites were far better than the service I received in the ATS! PLease don't assume you know better than I what I experienced on my cruise. I have to think that since the hotel mgr. sent me certificates valued at 25% of my cruise fare paid for all passengers in my ATS for a future cruise that YES the service was NOT up to par. The cerificate amount paid for 90% of the cruise I am taking (5 passengers) in a Royal Family Suite this next week. So you can see the ATS is expensive for what you get. Not sure why you feel the need to continually tell me I am wrong.

Baja three, AGAIN! My stay in the ATS was NOT my first stay in a suite so I am well aware of the service to expect in a suite. I was pointing out that you will pay a very high price to stay in one, and yes the SERVICE I received in other less costly suites were far better than the service I received in the ATS! PLease don't assume you know better than I what I experienced on my cruise. I have to think that since the hotel mgr. sent me certificates valued at 25% of my cruise fare paid for all passengers in my ATS for a future cruise that YES the service was NOT up to par. The cerificate amount paid for 90% of the cruise I am taking (5 passengers) in a Royal Family Suite this next week. So you can see the ATS is expensive for what you get. Not sure why you feel the need to continually tell me I am wrong.

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to say your wrong, but could you give me an example. I find that really interesting. Like you said, I looked and saw that the ATS is very far from another suite.

IMHO the best reason to book an ATS is the balcony and two bedrooms/bathrooms. It's true that the suite does not feel as suite "like" as the other suites but it's still a very nice cabin. The balcony is huge. We also felt that the service lacked compared to other suites.

We have now cruised four times up in the loft suites area and that has been the best service by far for RCI. They hand pick the room stewards for the loft suites and it shows. The area is also very quiet compared to other decks. I would choose a loft suite over an Owners suite but if you're planning to entertain large groups then the ATS is the best cabin choice. I have photos of the ATS in my link below. They are in the Oasis photos.

Like I posted I have stayed in pretty much all cabin categories including the Royal Suite on Oasis....I have noticed very little difference in service...I believe it's just hit or miss. As a matter of fact...while i will say the cabin attendant in charge of the royal suite during my sailing was very good....she was only marginally better than most other category cabins.....and in fact the room service was terrible...so much that i actually just walked over to the CL every morning....ordered and carried it back to the suite myself. I speak from personal experience...and my experience is I don't care how much you spend....when staying in a suite on Royal....if you go in with high expectations....you will most likely be disappointed.

Like I posted I have stayed in pretty much all cabin categories including the Royal Suite on Oasis....I have noticed very little difference in service...I believe it's just hit or miss. As a matter of fact...while i will say the cabin attendant in charge of the royal suite during my sailing was very good....she was only marginally better than most other category cabins.....and in fact the room service was terrible...so much that i actually just walked over to the CL every morning....ordered and carried it back to the suite myself. I speak from personal experience...and my experience is I don't care how much you spend....when staying in a suite on Royal....if you go in with high expectations....you will most likely be disappointed.

The walk to the ATS seems terrible from the deck plans. I'm currently booked in a OS right next to the elevator. Did you ever get tired of the long walk?

IMHO the best reason to book an ATS is the balcony and two bedrooms/bathrooms. It's true that the suite does not feel as suite "like" as the other suites but it's still a very nice cabin. The balcony is huge. We also felt that the service lacked compared to other suites.

We have now cruised four times up in the loft suites area and that has been the best service by far for RCI. They hand pick the room stewards for the loft suites and it shows. The area is also very quiet compared to other decks. I would choose a loft suite over an Owners suite but if you're planning to entertain large groups then the ATS is the best cabin choice. I have photos of the ATS in my link below. They are in the Oasis photos.

Agreed........The ATS's are all about the balcony and location...that is why they are called "Aquatheater" Suites.....if you want a "true" suite feel then yes, I suggest a OS, CLS, GS, RS, RLS or SLS.....however none offer 2 bedrooms. Family suites and ATS are not in full suite fashion....that being said if 2 bedrooms 2 baths is preferred all things even I would take an ATS any day over a family suite....just because of the balcony and entertainment it offers....that is why the ATS are priced what they are priced...6 extremely unique cabins offering unbelievable balcony experiences.

Archived