Shuttle infomation

Jo and Rob

Where can you find out specific information about the free shuttles before you cruise?

Does anyone know where the P&O free shuttle takes you in Gran Canaria? We are thinking about doing this stop independently and wonder where they will drop us off.

thanks

Where can you find out specific information about the free shuttles before you cruise?

Does anyone know where the P&O free shuttle takes you in Gran Canaria? We are thinking about doing this stop independently and wonder where they will drop us off.

thanks

If you are the only ship in, you can walk into the town in 10minutes or less. Otherwise it depends on the berth. On Aurora at Christmas we were at an outer berth which needed a shuttle. It dropped us near to the best berth and much nearer the town. You are dropped by the large new shopping centre which is by the port.

BTW in 4 visits this is the first time we have shuttled.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

Thank you. What is there to do in town? Are there little churches or places of interest? (We are not big shoppers!)

I saw a P&O trip for a camel ride. Is there any possibiility of doing this independently?

Never done the camel ride.

If you walk to the other side of the town 200 to 300 yards you come to a beach with a promenade about 3 mile long, very nice to stroll along.

Have a look at your port guide for the map.

Gan Canny

Dai

We were also docked very close to the shopping centre too -so no shuttle was needed or offered. We walked through the shopping centre, across road and passed the older type shops to beach, sadly we had a cloudy day so just walked back again to ship. I would find a trip to do there If I ever went back there again!

To do the camel ride you would need to be taken to the camel station, whereever that is. A taxi would be cheaper I suppose as you are a family, but I have no idea where the camels are, research would be needed, or book the pando trip.

• 3 weeks later...

On the subject of shuttles: Does P&O UK always provide shuttle buses from ship/port into town for those not doing Ships Shorex? That is if the nearest centre or facilities are not within reasonable walking distance. If so, are these complimentary or is there a charge?

Thanks in anticipation.

P&O do indeed provide free shuttles, where they need to and can, into the local town. I very carefully say "where ... they can" because there may be some places where they can't. For example, I'm not sure about the position in Livorno, where there is a port shuttle which makes a charge.

But for other places, there are indeed free shuttles. For example:-

a) Barcelona: from the terminal on Moll Ardossat to the World Trade Centre (less than a mile);

b) Lisbon: into the old town (a couple of miles);

c) Madeira (last time I went there): around the harbour (less than mile);

d) Civitavecchia: from the ship to the dock gates (less than a mile). (This might actually have been a joint operation with the port.)

e) Zeebrugge: into Blankenberge (about three miles, perhaps);

f) Dubrovnik: from the port at Gruz to the Pile gate - about a mile and a half;

g) Corfu: from the port to the edge of the old town - perhaps a mile or so.

But there are lots of places where they have don't have shuttles, either because they reckon the ship berths close enough, or because it's tendering. E.g. Cannes - tender; Argostoli - walk into town; Gran Canaria - walk into town; Vigo - walk into town; etc.

On the subject of shuttles: Does P&O UK always provide shuttle buses from ship/port into town for those not doing Ships Shorex? That is if the nearest centre or facilities are not within reasonable walking distance. If so, are these complimentary or is there a charge?

Thanks in anticipation.

Shuttles (if provided) are complimentary - see link in post above for where they are provided

Archived