Bringing cans of Diet Coke?

CRUZFOOLS

Really have to have my cans of diet coke. What are my chances of packing them in checked luggage. Will they arrive in my room?

Usually, it would likely be no problem at all but I actually think its the Voyager cruises that people are reporting they are confiscating ALL liquids that are trying to be brough on board including sodas and water :o

Don't know about the specific conditions on the Voyager. Last time we sailed on the Liberty, I took 2 (12) packs and taped them together with a bunch of packing tape, then slapped a luggage tag on them and they were delivered to our room with everything else.

I, too have a DC ...... eerr ...... PROBLEM :D , so I understand your concern. Worst case if your stuff does get confiscated is to just buy several at one of the bars and ask the bartender to NOT open them, then just ice them down in your cabin.

Good Luck !!! :)

p.s. Remember to save a few cold ones for the last morning. The bars on the ship are NOT open. If you don't have your own, you are out of luck. I always carry a can into breakfast ..... and have had others ask me where I got it.

Why would they enforce a rule more on one given ship than another? Wouldn't it be either yay or nay? How can this rule differ from ship to ship in the same fleet? There should be no gray areas?:confused: Doesn't make sense to me.

Why would they enforce a rule more on one given ship than another? Wouldn't it be either yay or nay? How can this rule differ from ship to ship in the same fleet? There should be no gray areas?:confused: Doesn't make sense to me.

Well its a written rule fleetwide that NO beverages of any kind are allowed to be brought on board BUT its very seldom enforced if at all when it comes to water and sodas. The cruises out of New Orleans seem to be really cracking down on it though.

I cant tell you why. Im just going on what has been reported here. No other port that RCI sails out of has been enforcing the rule or it would be viral here on this website. We would know about it

Aaaahhhhh ........ you MUST be new to RCI!!! :D :D

As soon as you solve this one, I've got some easy problems for you ..... like Peace in the Middle East, or that pesky Global Warming Problem!! :)

Please forgive my ignorance as its been a while since we sailed RCCL but are set to sail once again in 6 weeks time but ..... was the no liquids whatsover always the rule or did it come in recently??? On our last 4 or 5 cruises (not RCCL mind but some sister company) we brought on cases of water and coke - there was absolutely no hassle with doing this and as far as I'm aware wasn't against the rules ... did I miss a rule change with RCCL somewhere?? Or was it always the case but not enforced??

Thanks

Please forgive my ignorance as its been a while since we sailed RCCL but are set to sail once again in 6 weeks time but ..... was the no liquids whatsover always the rule or did it come in recently??? On our last 4 or 5 cruises (not RCCL mind but some sister company) we brought on cases of water and coke - there was absolutely no hassle with doing this and as far as I'm aware wasn't against the rules ... did I miss a rule change with RCCL somewhere?? Or was it always the case but not enforced??

Thanks

Correct, inconsistent enforcement.

The ban has been in place for sometime, the enforcement of the policy varied widely. In general they will let small amounts on non alcohol go through but that will depend on the port, the time of year (i.e. Spring Break etc.) and in the case of the Voyager out of New Orleans... very strict adherence to the policy.

Security getting on the ship in NOLA was definitely a bit tighter.

Not just NOLA; it was tight in Galveston. Our last cruise they confiscated my DC, bottled water, and a bottle of V8 splash. this was between me and my husband! It's just the VOYAGER

Security getting on the ship in NOLA was definitely a bit tighter.

Not just NOLA; it was tight in Galveston. Our last cruise they confiscated my DC, bottled water, and a bottle of V8 splash...

Oh my, imagine that. Perhaps security has been reading all the boasting and bragging of smugglers here on Cruise Critic.

Dumb criminals brag about their exploits, good criminals just go to jail.

As I have mentioned numerous times in the past, soon ALL of our little perks will be denied because of the acts of a few.

Appreciate all the answers but we will see tomorrow what happens. Diet coke is packed in both pieces of luggage so will see which one makes it on and which one doesn't. At lease I know I can buy them from the bar for my early morning fix.:D

Is it TSA that screens the luggage or private port people? We have all been hearing such ridiculous things happening there...like seizing the scissors from people in the checked luggage.

I'm getting worried . I don't plan to smuggle booze, never had. But I do take a few 2-liter bottles of Diet Coke with me on every cruise. I also take scissors (2" blades) that I use to cut open pill packs or other tightly wrapped items. I've never had a problem with these two things. We're sailing on Voyager on April 14 th for the TA to Barcelona. This is going to be interesting because I will turn over my coke, but I'm will not turn over my 2" blade scissors, for sure. Someone in *very* high authority is going to have to show up at the naughty room and show that one to me in writing. (The only scissors that are listed as prohibited are the ones that are 4" or over).

Aaaahhhhh ........ you MUST be new to RCI!!! :D :D

As soon as you solve this one, I've got some easy problems for you ..... like Peace in the Middle East, or that pesky Global Warming Problem!! :)

Not new to RCC, just to the new rules? We are Emerald after 7 RCC cruises. I have brought water/soda on every one of them without incident.

We are going on the serenade of the seas in oct to the med departing from Barcelona, my questions are 1) I know you cannot take wine onboard, how much does the wine package cost (sterling) 2) can I get caffiene diet coke onboard.

Archived